Temptation

Guest Chax47

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey!!

Just wanted to let you all know that I haven't forgotten about this. It's been a busy couple of weeks! But the next chapter will definitely be up tomorrow night :)

Hope you all had a good christmas and new year :) x

Hey!

I am so sorry for the long delay in this next chapter..... <_< I feel like I haven't had a second to do anything the past couple of weeks :huh: It's not as long as I would have liked, but the next chapter is going to be twice as long to make up for it :D

Thank you all for being patient, and for the fabulous reviews!!

Enjoy :wub:

Chapter 12

Brax rolled over in his bed to be greeted by the sight that he knew he would never get tired of seeing. Charlie fast asleep, a content look spread across her face. A late night had followed the night of making up, so he really wasnt surprised that she was still sleeping. He moved himself closer to her, his arms automatically framing her tiny body. The movement caused Charlie to stir slightly in her sleep and she eventually opened her eyes and looked at him.

"Mmm...morning." She managed to whisper as she nestled herself further into his embrace.

"Morning yourself." He replied, leaving a soft kiss on the top of her head.

She lay quietly for a moment, adjusting to waking up and the new found comfort being in his arms brought her.

"Do you have to go to work today? I thought maybe we could go down to the beach..." She leant back, a pair of sleepy eyes staring back at him.

He smiled. "I have to go in for about an hour or so." Her face dropped ever so slightly. "But how about I meet you round about one o'clock at the beach? I'll bring food with me." He closed the gap between them with a kiss which brought a smile to her face once again.

"Sounds perfect. It will give me a chance to talk to Bianca anyway and fill her in on the plan." Her smile grew as he rolled his eyes at her.

"This plan! Honestly Charlie, I can't see it working..."

"How could it not? Bianca won't guess a thing and Heath...he won't figure it out; he might have got the looks but he didn't get the brains as well..." She teased him as she jumped up out of the bed before he could catch her.

"The looks?" Brax sat up in the bed and watched as she walked out of the room, laughing loudly to herself.

------

The lunch time rush appeared to be none existant today at the restaurant. Brax sat at one of the tables, the books opened up in front of him. He tapped the pen on the side of the table as he stared blankly at the pages in front of him. The majority of his mind on Charlie while the occassional work thought drifted through. The staff stood behind the bar, trying to make themselves look busy while the boss was in but failing miserably at the task.

"Hey." A familiar voice greeted him from behind as the person took a seat opposite him. Heath gestured over to the bar and a few moments later a beer was placed down in front of him.

"I hope you're going to pay for that." Brax snapped.

"Woah, what's up with you? Had a fight with the little woman, have we?" Heath laughed as he took a gulp of his cold beer.

Brax ignored his comment. He closed the books and got up, placing them back behind the bar. He grabbed himself a beer and joined his brother back at the table. Charlie had given him strick instructions before he left her house this morning; now he had to somehow make them happen.

"Are you not busy today?" He asked, immediately knowing the answer. Lately, Heath managed to fill his days with surfing, women and drinking. The idea of getting a job was far from his mind, which meant that his lifestyle was always from busy.

Heath took another long gulp of his drink as he looked around the empty restaurant. "Not particularly. And neither are you by the looks of it."

"I'm meeting Charlie in a little while." Heath stared blankly back at his brother at the mention of Charlie's name. Although she was now his girlfriend, Heath still had a hard time getting his head around the fact that she was a cop. And Bianca's best friend.

Brax ignored the look, purely for the fact that Charlie would kill him if he didn't help make her plan work. Even if at the minute he thought Heath didn't really deserve a helping hand.

"I need to get away from the Bay for a little while, are you game?"

Heath threw his brother a skeptical look. "Is everything ok?" He asked with a mixture of curiosity and actual concern.

"Everything is fine. Things have just been a bit manic lately, it will be good to get away and just hang out."

Heath paused for a minute and then nodded, a smile creeping onto his face. "Ok, I'm in." He polished off the remainder of his beer and stood up.

"It'll be like the good old days. Before the women..."

Brax's breath caught in his throat and he tried to cough to hide his reaction. Thankfully this went unnoticed by Heath as he patted Brax on the back and left the restaurant. Taking out his phone, he began typing a message to Charlie.

Charlie

Heath bought it. See you in twenty with the picnic.

Brax x

-----

Charlie smiled to herself as she read the message off Brax and placed the phone back in her pocket just as Irene opened the door.

"Oh, Charlie! Hi." Irene offered her a warm greeting.

"Hey Irene. Is Bianca home?"

"Sure doll. Go through, she's in her room." Irene moved to one side, smiling at Charlie as she passed.

Reaching Bianca's bedroom door, Charlie knocked once before entering. Bianca was laying on top of the bed, hugging onto a pillow as she stared out into space.

"Hey." Charlie spoke softly, disturbing Bianca from her thoughts.

"Hi. What are you doing here?" She tried not to sound rude but Charlie was the last person she expected to see as she pulled a sickie from work. She sat up on the bed, the pillow now resting in her lap.

Charlie took a seat on the bed beside her and gave her a half hug. "I stopped by at the school to see you but April said you had gone home sick. Are you ok?"

"Yeah, it's just a bit of a headache." She gave her a small smile, trying to convince them both that she was ok. "So, what's up?"

"I erm...I was actually wondering if you were free this weekend?" Bianca nodded so Charlie continued. "I was thinking that maybe we could get away for a few days? A little bit of wine time?"

Bianca laughed, a huge smile now on her face. "That sounds so good. To be honest, I could do with a bit of a girlie weekend."

"Yeah...exactly. A girlie weekend!" Charlie tried to hide her smile; the weekend was going to be far from girlie.

"Thanks Charlie. This is just what I need."

"Yeah believe me, it will be." Charlie and Bianca smiled at each other, although both smiling for different reasons.

-----

They had picked a quiet spot on the beach for their picnic. Charlie stood behind Brax, watching as he placed a blanket down on the sand and gestured for her to take a seat. She smiled as she did so, while Brax proceeded to remove the food from the basket and arrange it in front of his girlfriend.

"Wow, Brax, this all looks amazing." She stopped him for a moment and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. He smiled at her and leant forward for another kiss before pulling away and continuing with his job.

"It took me the best part of the morning to make..." He tried his best to keep a straight face and at first she bought it.

"What? You made all of this? On your own?" She stared back at him in shock.

He kept the straight face going for a few moments before eventually laughing and coming clean. "I may have had a helping hand..." He glanced over towards the direction of the Diner and laughed. Charlie slapped his arm. "What can I say....Heath must have received the cooking skills as well as the looks..." He feigned hurt as he teased her but she slapped him again on the arm.

"Heath doesn't even come close to how amazing you are..." She told him seriously, moving herself closer to him on the blanket. Her hands rested on the top of his thighs as she leant towards him. "I love you, Mr Braxton."

"I love you, too." He reached across and took hold of her face, closing the gap between them.

-----

Hope you liked it! Thoughts?!

Lianne x :wub:

Archived