Temptation

Guest Chax47

Hey!!!

So, I haven't wrote any fanfic for a while....and this is my first Home and Away attempt....so here it goes! :unsure:

Story Title: Temptation

Type of story: Medium/Long

Main Characters: Charlie/Brax....Bianca/Heath

Others: Maybe a few other H & A characters along the way

BTTB rating: A just to be on the safe side :)

Genre: Drama/Romance

Does story include spoilers: No

Any warnings: No

Summary: So....the story is set just after Charlie and Brax have broken up and he has hooked up with Hayley. Bianca is no longer with Liam and has had a one night stand with Heath. It starts with that but will be more A/U....

Hope you guys like it, please let me know what you think :wink:

Chapter 1

The reflection stared back at her in the mirror and sighed. It was difficult to recognise the person standing in front of her. The strong, confident woman was long gone. Against her better judgement she had let her barrier down and let the world in. Now, in her place stood a heartbroken girl.

The vibration of her phone against the dressing table disturbed her from her trance. Shaking the thoughts from her head, she opened up the new text message.

Bianca

Leaving now. See you in 5 x

Sighing, she tossed her phone on the bed and reached for her glass of wine. The night out had been her idea; a way for both of the women to have a few drinks and forget their current unfortunate look with the opposite sex. Bianca had jumped at the chance, although now it came down to i,t Charlie was less than enthused. Earlier that morning she had ran into a certain someone which had put her head back into a spin. The temptation to stay in and wallow was strong to say the least but as everyone kept telling her; it were time she moved on and got on with her life. Darryl Braxton was to become a fragment of her past; nothing more.

Forcing a smile onto her face, Charlie applied some lip gloss and took a final look at herself in the mirror. Tousling out her long, dark hair, she let it fall around her shoulders before grabbing her purse and heading out the room.

Bianca arrived shortly after. Dressed in a black mini dress which clung to her body in the right places, she definitely looked the part. Charlie had decided on a red number for the evening, accompanied by a matching pair of red heels.

"Hey! Are you all set?!" Bianca smiled at her friend, the excitement of the evening showing on her face.

"Hi. Yeah I'm ready. You look lovely." Charlie complimented as Bianca twirled in front of her.

"I thought I'd go all out. It's not often you get to have cocktails in the Yabbee Creek!" Charlie couldn't help but laugh at Bianca's sarcasm.

"Yeah, explain to me again, why you're going there?!" Ruby chimed in, peering over the top of the couch.

The two women looked cautiously at each other.

"There's nothing wrong with a change of scenery!" Offered Bianca, although not very convincingly.

"Right, Rubes, I've left some money on the table for you if you want to order some food or something! I won't be back too late." Charlie kissed her daughter on the head and made her way towards the door.

"You guys have fun!"

"Oh don't worry, we will!" Bianca nudged Charlie playfully in the ribs, forcing a small smile onto Charlie's face. "Come on, let's see what hunks Yabbee Creek has to offer!" The two women laughed as they linked arms and headed out of the house.

-------

Yabbee Creek was no party central, but the small bar O'Lunney's had tried. It was packed with a various crowd; couples mingled around groups of friends, while packs of single men hovered around the bar looking for potential pick ups. They had chosen a table near the back; a good location for them to watch the scene play out in front of them.

"Well this has definitely been an eye-opener!" Charlie observed as she finished of her glass of wine. She added it to the already empty glasses on the table.

Bianca laughed as she too finished her drink. "It's different I'll give it that. Have you seen...anyone you like?" She questioned, a small, encouraging smile coming onto her lips.

Charlie gazed around at the crowd in front of her. She hadn't even been looking at anyone in particular; she'd drifted out of her thoughts as the conversation had ebbed and flowed. "Er...no, not really."

"Charlie!" Despite how convincing Charlie thought she'd been, Bianca was far from sold. "We both agreed that we would have a nice night, and forget about them... Don't let me down." Bianca pleaded. Although she would never admit it, she was probably a little distracted herself.

"I know we did, and I want to. Trust me I do." Bianca stared at her friend, her left eyebrow raising slightly. "Look, I ran into Brax this morning down at the Surf Club and now I can't get him out of my head."

"And what happened? Did you speak to him?"

"No, we both stood there in an awkward silence and then I turned around and ran." The awful scene replayed in Charlie's head. The look on his face as he stood in front of her. She could tell he wanted to say something; the words played around on his lips but never came out.

Bianca placed a comforting arm around her friend's shoulders. It had been a tough couple of months for Charlie. Her on/off relationship with Brax had begun to take it's toll. Bianca sympathised as best as she could; her own River Boy drama had almost started to unfold before she managed to put a stop to it.

"Look, I know it's hard Charlie, but you were the one who broke up with him. Remember? You couldn't trust him, or be with him the way you wanted to. And from what you've told me he's still seeing that Hayley chick now. So as difficult as it is darling, I think you just have to get him out of your head and move on." Charlie slowly nodded in agreement, although it all sounded a lot easier said than done. "I'll get us another round of drinks and we'll start having some fun, yeah?" Bianca tried her best to encourage her, and Charlie played along and smiled. She knew that Bianca was going through her own emotional termoil over Heath and Liam. Fun was something the two of them needed now more than ever.

Charlie watched as Bianca made her way over to the bar and then began talking to a tall, blonde man next to her. Nodding her head to the music, Charlie glanced around the room and tried to look around at the faces in the crowd. But all she could see was one. She took her phone out of her bag and unlocked the screen. What are you doing! She scolded herself and put it back in her purse. It only lasted a matter of seconds before it was back in her hands and the text message screen opened up in front of her.

Are you awake?

She clicked send before she could think twice. Checking the time on her phone she mentally kicked herself. It's twenty past nine. Of course he's awake. He's probably with her, you idiot! She welcomed the fuzzy feeling in her head, knowing that for the time being she could blame the alcohol for her rash decision. She knew, however, that in the morning she wouldn't quite have that excuse. Minutes later, her phone vibrated against the table. Her heart beating in her chest, she opened the message.

Brax

Yeah. Are you ok?

Am I ok? The question played around in her head as Bianca rejoined her with some drinks. Following closely behind was the tall blonde man, and his shorter, dark haired friend. They took a seat at the table.

"Charlie, this is Brett and his friend Michael. I thought they could join us for a drink!" The two men said hello to Charlie and the conversation soon flared up. Charlie's mind, however, was still on that last text message.

Thankfully Bianca was too engrossed in getting to know the new company that she failed to notice Charlie texting on her phone. How was she supposed to reply to that? How was she supposed to tell him that she wasn't ok, and never would be if she wasn't with him. How was she supposed to tell him that the thought of him being with another woman killed her. How was she supposed to tell him that it was her fault for pushing him into the arms of somebody else. Her fingers moved over the mobile keypad as if her mind had momentarily lost control; her heart had finally taken over.

No. I really need to see you x

The reply came almost instantly.

Brax

Come over?x

----

Any reviews would be great.... :unsure:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived