Temptation

Guest Chax47

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone!

Firstly, thank you for the encouraging reviews. I'm really glad you all liked it :wub:

Anyway, here it is.... let me know what you think :)

Chapter 2

Brax threw himself down onto the couch, his eyes fixed on the ceiling. He didn't know what to make of it all; on the surface it seemed like a positive step forward. But what if he was taking it the wrong way? What if she were on her way here to tell him that it was over for good? That he would never be able to win her back; never be able to be the boyfriend that she needed and wanted. He was suddenly divided, the elation he'd felt at receiving her first message was now clouded with his doubt. He reread her last message, hoping to find any last minute clues.

Charlie

I'm trying to get away. I'll be there soon x

Deciding there was no secret subtext that he'd missed; he threw the phone down and started tidying around. He had no idea where she was, or who she was even with, but he couldn't wait for her to get there. Empty beer bottles and dirty plates were hidden in the kitchen while the rest of the rubbish was tossed in the trash can outside. The housework had been forgotten about over the past couple of days; the place was slowly turning into the bachelor pad now that the three Braxton brothers were living together. Heath was forever single; although he refused to comment on his recent run in with Bianca Scott. Casey was on-off with Ruby, however at the minute Brax got the impression that they were currently on. As for himself, Brax had been on a few dates with Casey's lawyer; but he thought of her as more of a distraction. In reality his heart lay with Charlie and always would.

He was just finishing tidying around the kitchen when he heard the front door open. Heath closed the door firmly behind him, tossing his keys on the table. He had only taken two steps into the living room when he was stopped by Brax.

"Woah...where do you think you're going?!" He tried ushering Heath towards the door but he wasn't moving.

"What? I live here, remember?" He threw his brother a strange look as he tried to move past him, but Brax stopped him again.

"Go out."

"What?"

"It's a Friday night Heath, go to a bar or something..." Brax pleaded with him. He glanced at the clock behind his brother's head and realised that he didn't have much time to get rid of him. She would be here any minute.

"If you haven't forgotten, I don't have much money. You've stopped me doing any 'business,' remember?" It had been a few weeks since Brax had told Heath that their illigitimate involvements had to stop. Other than a few shifts at Angelo's, Heath had found it difficult to secure a steady income; but not as difficult as he'd found it to stay on the good side of the law.

Reluctantly Brax took his wallet out of his back pocket and placed $50 in his brother's hand. "I don't want to see you until tomorrow..."

Heath tossed the money around in his hands and smirked. "Fifty bucks bro?" He checked his watch. "That's only going to last until about 12....12:30 at a push...."

Glaring at him, Brax removed another couple of bills from his wallet and shoved them into his brother's hands. "Now, get out of here!" He warned.

"You only had to ask!" Heath shrugged as he made his way to the door. "Say hi to Hayley for me!" He winked.

"Out!"

Now that Heath had left and the place was looking fairly decent, Brax turned off the TV and turned on the stereo. Acoustic music and a soft man's voice filled the room. He turned the switch and dimmed the living room lights. Looking around, he smiled but then shook his head and turned the lights back up again. Too much. She'll need to be able to see me if she's coming here to break up with me... He tried to make light of the situation in his head, but either way he couldn't shake the feeling that had settled in his stomach. Thankfully he didn't have time to dwell for long; a gentle knock on the front door disturbed his trail of thought.

He ruffled his hands through his hair as he reached the front door. Taking a deep breath, he opened the door and couldn't help but smile.

"Hey." He spoke quietly, leaning against the frame of the door. He couldn't help but smile as he looked at her. She looked radiant in a deep red dress, which clung to her in all the right places.

"Hi." Her voice caught slightly in her throat. She had spent the taxi ride sorting out what she wanted to say to him; but now she was here her mind had gone blank. As their eyes met, a small electric burst sprung through Brax's body, alerting his senses. He was pretty sure she felt the same spark, as she blushed slightly and looked away.

"Come on in..." He moved aside slightly, making sure that the gap between them was minimal as she stepped into the house. She hesitated for a second as she brushed past him. Being in close proximity to him overwhelmed her and she moved further into the house. Feeling a pang of defeat, Brax closed the door and followed her.

They stood in awkward silence for a moment; Brax watched her intently as she looked around the room...looking at anything but him. He knew he should say something, what exactly he wasn't quite sure.

"Can I get you a drink?" He offered.

"Yeah, a drink would be good." She smiled at him as she took a seat on the couch, placing her purse on the table in front of her.

Brax walked out of the room and opened the fridge. He cursed silently to himself as he was greeted with the sight of bottle upon bottle of beer. I should have bought some wine or something... He opened two bottles and closed the door.

He watched her from the kitchen. She had her back to him but he couldn't help but think she was beautiful. He longed to go over to her, to hold her in his arms and forget that they'd ever been apart. She turned her head slightly and caught him watching her, making his cheeks redden slightly. No other woman could do to him what Charlie could.

"I hope beer is alright...." He handed her the bottle and took a seat on the opposite side of the couch to her.

"Beer is fine. Thanks." She took a sip, her fingers playing tentively with the label on the bottle. She stared down at the bottle; words flowing around in her head. She didn't know where to start. Brax also tried thinking of something, anything to say, but thankfully she got there before him.

"I'm sorry for just dropping in on you like this." She turned to face him.

"You don't have to be. I'm really glad you did..."

"You are?" The suprise was evident in her voice. She was well aware of how she had been treating him lately, she was more than suprised that he would want to be in the same room as her.

"Of course I am Charlie." He placed his drink down and moved closer to her on the couch. She was suddenly aware of the pounding in her chest. "We both know us being like this isn't what I want." He reached out to touch her but she stood up and walked away from him. With her back to him she wiped her eyes before turning around to face him.

"And you think it's what I want?" Her voice raised slightly; she couldn't help but feel defensive. There was something about this man that affected every part of her. "You think I want you to be with someone else?" Even saying the words brought a foul taste to her mouth. She could just picture them together, sitting there on his couch, in his bed. The images made her feel sick to the stomach, especially as she knew she was the reason this other woman had the man she loved.

"This is not about her Charlie."

She moved to the back of the couch, leaning against it to look at him. "It is about her Brax. You are sleeping with someone else. You are sharing your bed with her, spending time with her." A jealous tone overtook her voice. He noticed her face soften slightly as she looked at him, he knew deep down that she hadn't come here to argue with him. He just needed to find a way to break through this exterior she had created.

"And who's fault is that Charlie?" He stood up and moved around the couch, closing the distance between them. She didn't move away, which he took as a positive sign. "You know that it's you who I want, that it's you who I'd pick over anyone else. I know our relationship hasn't had the smoothest of starts but everytime it gets a bit rocky, you push me away. It kills me Charlie."

He picked up her hands, turning her to face him as he held them tightly in his own. She looked down at their hands, their fingers linked tightly together. The warmth of his skin on hers instantly made her feel better, yet created a longing for more.

"Yeah I've been seeing Hayley but it's you who I want. No one else could even come close." He realised her hands, placing his on her waist. He started pulling her towards him, hoping that she wouldn't resist. "Just say the word."

-----

Heath was the last person to leave Angelo's and was disappointed to be doing so alone. He checked his watch and sighed.

"Now what am I supposed to do!" He checked his pockets and was slightly relieved to still have some of Brax's money. The question now was what he was supposed to do to pass the time.

Heath began walking away from the bar. The sound of the ocean nearby brought a sense of calm to him. He had been walking for less than two minutes when he spotted a solitary figure leaning against the beach fence. The street light beside her illuminated her long blonde hair, which contrasted beautifully with the black mini dress she wore. He recognised her straight away. He immediately felt like the evening was about to get better as he headed over to her.

"So is this the place to be on a Friday night?!" He asked as he joined her, standing with his back against the fence.

She kept her eyes fixed on the ocean but couldn't help but smile at the sound of his voice. "I just needed some fresh air and a walk."

Heath nodded, a small smirk forming on his lips. A minute or two passed before he spoke again "Well then...shall we?" He moved off the fence and offered his arm to her.

"Shall we what?" She asked. She couldn't help the flirty tone that crept into her voice. She had spent all night trying not to think of him and now here he was; right where she wanted him.

"Walk..." He matched her tone and flashed a smile at her. Smiling, she rolled her eyes and linked her arm through his as they headed down towards the beach.

-----

Hope you liked it!! Chapter 3 will be on it's way in a couple of days! :D

Archived