Temptation

Guest Chax47

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you again for all the fantastic reviews! I'm glad you're all enjoying it.

I've had a pretty hectic weekend so I'll be able to update chapter 3 for you tomorrow night!

It's turning out to be a pretty long chapter to make up for the wait :P

Lianne :)

Hey everyone!

So, as promised here is Chapter 3!! I know I've said it before, but thank you again for all the reviews and replies! It really does make a difference!

Anyway, enjoy and as always, let me know what you think :wink:

Lianne

Chapter 3

Charlie found herself relaxing as she let him pull her into a kiss. Their lips found each other almost instantly. Brax held her closely while her hands moved up to frame his face. Even after weeks of being apart, it only took Charlie a few seconds in his arms before she felt completely safe. The worries and troubles that were once on her mind were suddenly forgotten about as the kiss intensified.

Without breaking the kiss Brax started moving them towards the couch. His hands ran up and down her back as he made sure to keep her held close to him.

Charlie was the first to pull back as they fell onto the couch together.

"Brax..." Her eyes danced between his as she tried to catch her breath.

Ignoring her, he smiled and stroked the side of her face. "You really are beautiful." The smile didn't leave his face while he looked at her. "Stay with me tonight."

She sat up on the couch, forcing him to do the same. He kept his eyes fixed on her, while his hands searched for hers.

"I don't want to be apart from you tonight. Please Charlie." He was suddenly aware that he was begging her but he really didn't care. The thought of spending another night without her in his arms didn't bear thinking about. He couldn't get enough of her and now that they had come this close he wasn't afraid of her knowing that.

Charlie was overwhelmed by the vunerability in his eyes. If anyone had told her months ago that she would be seeing this side of Darryl Braxton, she would never have believed them. If they had also mentioned that she would also be head over heels in love with a River Boy she would have laughed in their face. But that was the current situation she found herself in and she couldn't help but not want to be anywhere else.

Brax's face dropped slightly as Charlie moved off the couch and stood up. His heart beat heavily in his chest as he tried to figure out what she would do next. The beating increased as she held out her hand to him, a warm yet seductive smile looking back at him. He placed his hand in hers and she squeezed it gently as she led him towards the bedroom.

-------

They walked in silence for a few minutes, heading down the slope towards the deserted beach. Without realising it, Bianca had tightened her grip on his arm although Heath wasn't about to complain. They soon made it down to the beach and Bianca steadied herself on his arm as she removed her shoes. Heath held out his hand and offered to carry them.

"Oh...you turn into a gentleman after dark?" She teased, only half joking. Over the past couple of weeks her experiences of Heath were varied. She couldn't deny the attraction that she felt towards him, and he sure hadn't tried to hide his. However, after years of being around the 'right' kind of guy, the readjustment to the 'bad boy' way of life was taking a while to get used to. Bianca had tried to deny whatever this was between them, but lately, they always seemed to end up drawn together.

"Don't be getting used to it."

He winked at her, causing her to roll her eyes at him. There had been a lot of uproar surrounding Heath's presence in the Bay recently, although Bianca had started seeing a different side of him. A side which he worked hard to stop other people from seeing.

They talked and joked as they headed down towards the water, the waves quietly lapped up onto the beach. The full moon dominated the cloudless sky, casting a pale light across them and the rest of the beach. It was perfect.

"Do you fancy a swim?" Heath asked, edging them closer to the water. Bianca laughed and turned to see a huge grin on his face.

"Not a chance..."

"Oh, come on!" He wrapped his arms around her waist and tried to pick her up but she managed to free herself. Laughing, she ran a little in front of him before turning around and kicking her foot through the water, splashing him slightly.

He feigned anger as he moved towards her, stiffling a laugh at the sudden panic on her face. "Now you are going for a swim!"

"No, Heath!" She screached as she backed away from him. "I'm sorry! Don't you dare." She ran away from him, screaming through bouts of laughter.

He chased her for a few minutes. She couldn't stop laughing as he eventually caught her, spinning her around to face him. "You said you wanted a swim!" She told him innocently, her laughter slowly subsiding.

"Was that meant to be an apology?"

She paused before leaning forward and kissing, taking them both by surprise. Blushing, she moved away from him and sat down on the beach, gesturing for him to do the same.

"So, have you been walking around all night on your own?"

"No. I went for drinks with Charlie but she wasn't feeling too good so she went home early. I just felt like a walk to clear my head a little." She ran her hands through the sand, enjoying the cold sensation on her skin. She hadn't noticed it up until that point, but she shivered slightly with the cool night time temperature. Heath noticed and immediately took off his jacket, wrapping it around her shoulders.

"Thank you." She snuggled into the coat, the smell of his aftershave filling her with a different sense of warmth. "What about you? No hot date this evening?" She teased.

"Luckily for you, no!" She let out a small laugh as he looked at her, holding her eye contact for a little longer than usual. Clearing her throat, she broke the stare, choosing instead to look towards the ocean. Sensing the moment had passed, Heath continued. "Brax kicked me out for the night; he has a chick coming around."

"Is it getting serious with Hayley?" Bianca tried to keep her tone casual, hoping that he wouldn't realise just how much she wanted to know. At least I can keep Charlie informed, it might help her to move on from him.

Oblivious to her intentions, Heath answered her question. "I wouldn't say that. It's just sex to him. He's still in love with that copper..." Bianca threw him a glare and he quickly corrected himself. "Charlie."

Bianca nodded at the information which she already knew. The conversation soon came to a close and Bianca checked her watch and stood up.

"It's getting late, I should probably get back. I have classes all day tomorrow."

Heath quickly jumped to his feet and started walking down the beach. "Let's go then."

Confused, Bianca stopped him. "Go where?"

"Your place!" He shrugged, causing her to laugh.

"I don't think so. Goodnight Heath." She gave him one last look before walking away from him. He had to run to keep up with her.

"Woah, wait a minute. You can't just leave me here. I have nowhere to go."

"Go home."

"I can't, Brax will kill me." Heath rarely chose to listen to Brax, but he knew on this occassion that his brother couldn't be swayed.

"Then go and hook up with one of your 'girls.'" She regretted it the minute she said it, and he could tell by the expression on her face.

"Bianca..."

She stared at him while he pleaded silently with his eyes.

----------

Charlie rested her head lightly on Brax's chest, her hands drawing patterns on his skin. He held her closely to him, enjoying the feeling of her naked body next to his. They had been laying in a content silence for the best part of an hour, the creased bedsheet wrapped loosely around them both. Discarded clothes lay scattered around the room.

"I didn't think we'd ever be like this again." Charlie spoke first, her voice quiet but still audible. He felt her hold on him tighten ever so slightly.

Brax smiled as he kissed the top of her head. "I'm so glad we are. For a while, I really thought I'd lost you."

Charlie couldn't bring herself to think about how true his last statement was. The feeling of his hand stroking her back broke her trail of thought. There was something about being in this man's arms which made her forget the outside world completely; a feeling which she didn't really want to end.

She rolled over to face him. "I love you." It has been tossed around in an argument once, and despite knowing it now for several months this was the first time Charlie had actually revealed her true feelings. The smile on Brax's face confirmed that she'd made the right choice in telling him. Although he knew how she felt about him, there was something about hearing the words leave her mouth that made it true. Made it real.

"I love you." They embraced before moving back to their original position, a smile now on both of their faces. Brax started running his hands through her hair, savouring the feeling of being so close to the woman he loved, and knowing that she loved him too.

"So I've been thinking..." Brax started and Charlie nodded to show she was listening. "Now that everything is out in the open and people know about us, there isn't really any reason why we can't be like any other normal couple." It had been something he had been thinking about for a while, only he never really thought he would get the chance to actually be saying this to her.

"Yeah, I agree."

"Ok. Well I want us to start over. I want to take you on a date....a real date, you know, where people actually see us together."

Charlie smiled into his chest, her stomach doing somersaults. This evening is just getting better and better.

"A date, huh?"

He kissed her head again, only this time lingered there a little longer. "Yes. I want to start showing you exactly what you mean to me."

She smiled again before rolling over. "That sounds perfect." She whispered as she lowered herself down to kiss him.

----------

Bianca quietly put the key in the lock and opened the door. Heath silently followed her inside the dark house. Switching on the small lamp beside the couch, she moved around the room, removing blankets and pillows from various cupboards. Heath got the feeling that she'd done this before as the whole routine was done without making a sound.

Once the couch had been set up, she turned to look at him. "You need to be gone before Irene or April wake up!" She warned and he nodded.

"I know, I promised didn't I! You know, there would be less chance of them catching me if I were upstairs with you..." He hinted, a sly grin on his face.

"Goodnight Heath."

He reluctantly watched her walk up the stairs before turning off the light and settling down on the couch, his mind filled with thoughts of her.

--------

"Black coffee please, Leah." Liam handed a handful of change over the counter. Leah smiled at him as she prepared his drink.

"How's everything..."

"It's a disgrace!" Colleen interrupted Leah as she stormed into the diner. Her pale face was accompanied by a head full of disheveled hair. "I don't know what this world is coming to!" She threw her handbag on the counter and looked at the two people in front of them.

"What's happened?" Leah asked as she put Liam's coffee down on the counter, concern played around in her voice.

"It's disgusting Leah, and I mean...right on our doorstep!" Colleen became even more hysterical as she paced back and forth behind the counter. Her arms flapped in front of her as if independent from her body. Leah rolled her eyes at Liam who was trying hard not to laugh.

"Colleen...calm down and tell us what you're going on about!" The concern in her voice was now replaced by annoyance.

Colleen glared at her boss and stood still. She took a deep breath before starting again. "I don't know what Irene is thinking of. Letting the likes of him spend the night!"

"Who?!" Leah's patience was wearing thin. Liam finished stirring sugar into his coffee and mouthed 'bye' to Leah. He laughed quietly to himself as he headed towards the door.

"That Braxton one." Liam stopped in the doorway. "I've just witnessed it with my own eyes! Walking out of Irene's house at this time in the morning....it's clear he spent the night."

Liam spun around, the laughter now long gone from his face. "Braxton?"

"Yeah, Heath! Those River Boys will be taking over the Bay soon, you mark my words. First Charlie, now Bianca."

Leah noticed the angry expression on Liam's face. "Liam..." She spoke softly but it were too late; he had already stormed out of the diner.

"Well I hope you're happy now..." Leah scolded. Colleen looked back at her sheepishly and shrugged.

-----

Bianca opened one eye as she banged her hand along the bedside table. The ringing of the alarm clock didn't mix too well with the heavy head she'd woken up with. Heath. Remembering that he'd spent the night on her couch, she jumped up out of the bed. Panicking that he wouldn't have left in time, she reached the door but stopped when she heard Irene and April laughing in the kitchen. They don't sound like they have company? Feeling slightly relieved that he had kept his promise to her, Bianca was about to open the door when a piece of paper caught her attention. Bending down, she picked up the folded note and couldn't help but smile.

Last night was great. H

The smile played on her lips as she read the sentence 3 more times before placing it carefully in the dresser drawer.

------

Well there you go guys! I really hope it was worth the wait!! :huh:

:)

Archived