Two Wrongs Don't Make It Right

Guest LaylaK

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great update,

Charlie got shot!! Glad she's ok!!

OMG!! You brought Jack into this - I actually love you for doing that!!! Jack is the best :D!!!

I wish Chax hadn't have broken up, but I can totally see where Charlie is coming from!

:o!! Can't believe Brax said that to Charlie!! I wouldn't expect him to guess about Grant, but still!!

More soon please :D

Thank you everyone, okay so this is set 2 weeks later, they are exiting the court after Casey was sentenced to 30 days, he was represented by Haley. Charlie and Brax still haven't spoken. Enjoy xx :)

Chapter 11

As Charlie left the courtroom, she didn't know what to feel. Anger. Saddened for her daughter. Happy justice was served. Her emotions were all over the place, Charlie's relationship with Brax had just been placed on a platter for the media to feed to the public. She looked to her left where she saw Brax standing with his new blonde lawyer Haley, for the past few days she had watched from a distance this blonde throw herself at Brax until he finally gave in.

She had paid attention to the flirting that was taking place between the two, Charlie tried to convince herself that she was happy he was moving on but the jealousy that took over when she saw them said otherwise. She watched on as he started walking in her direction this was the first encounter they would have in weeks, Charlie prepared herself trying her hardest to calm down and not rip his head of at what had just taken place in the courtroom but suddenly this was no longer needed as Hayley grabbed his arm stopping him in his track, Charlie watched him look up at her once more before turning back around returning to his Heaths side. She turned to her right where her hysterical daughter stood wrapping her arms around Rubys petite figure she realised she had to be the stronger one now.

The girls went home, it had been a long day they were sitting on Charlies bed chatting about their life and the path it hadhad gone, Charlie put her arm around Ruby and placed her daughters head on her shoulder stroking her hair

Charlie whispered "Rubes can you keep a secret?"

"For you i can" She curiously looked at her mother

"What if i told you Jack was still alive?" Charlie continued to stare

"I know you want him to be mum but you have to let go" Ruby hugged her

"He went undercover Ruby, it was all a set up, he's alive. He saved me Rubes, when i got shot he saved me" She watched as Ruby sat up

"Are you sure mum? If he is im gunna kill him myself for doing that to us!" Ruby crossed her arms a little disgruntled

"I promise he is but don't be angry he had no choice" She watched as Ruby unfolded her arms and smiled

"Jacky boys alive. This is the best news ever! I love you mum!" Ruby excitedly jumped onto Charlie

" I love you to but Rubes dead or alive he still hates being called that" Both the girls laughed

Brax unsteadily unlocked the door into the boys place after writing himself of with the Riverboys he had stumbled home hoping to get some sleep, he entered his room to find Haley laying on the bed her hair done,make up heavily packed onto her face and wearing see through red lingerie.

She smiled as he entered the room

"Hey handsome" Brax stepped back for a second studying the woman infront of him, any man would have been satisfied at the sight upon his bed, but not him it did not do anything for him not one bit.

"Im not really in the mood Haley"

But it didnt put her of instead she pulled him to the bed forcing herself onto him, he just lay therehis head spinning from the alcohol as she made her way around his body, it lacked the fire, the feelings Charlie gave him when she touched him, he closed his eyes continously wishing he would open them and it would be Charlie.But he had to move on whether he liked it or not.

The next morning feeling the brunt of the night before Brax looked at the women across from him she was peacefully asleep he look at the smudged make up on her face and found himself again comparing her to Charlie who never had that problem, she was naturally beautiful. He felt guilty comparing Haley to his one love, it was not fair and she would never win but he tried to covinvce himself that he could grow to be content with this woman but would it really be enough for him?

After his shower he still didn't feel better he could hear Haley moving about in his room and then a knock at the door, unsure of whom it could be he opened it.

"We need to talk now" He watched as the visitor let herself in

"Nows eh not a good time" He replied he looked towards the bedroom hoping Haley wouldnt walk in

"Oh come on Brax like i haven't seen you half naked before" The visitor continued on

"Whose seen you naked?" Haley entered the room wearing a white dressing gown

"Oh hi im Haley" Brax looked from one to the other he watched the anger form on her face

"What is she doing here?" He didn't know what he was supposed to say or even how to start explaining

"Shes my girlfriend" He muttered

"Oh come on Brax you didnt?" He didnt answer so then she began to leave

"Ruby wait" He grabbed her arm

"Get the hell of me Brax how could you do this to my mum? After everything she did for you" Ruby was furious he finally was able to get a word in

"She told me to move on Ruby so thats what im doing" He watched as Charlies daughter built up her next lot of insults he couldn't believe how similar the two were

"Oh come on Brax do you really think she meant that? She barely sleeps barely eats, still has night mares about Brody about being shot. And here you are throwing your new relationship infront of her. You make me sick" She gave him one more filthy look before leaving.

He stood there for a moment before slamming the door shut, he turned to find Hayley dressed she kissed him

"Dont worry, you have me besides that cops pathetic. Ive gotta go" She grabbed her case and shut the door. He went and lay on his bed, Braxs head was still aching and the words Ruby had said didn't help. He thought of Charlie in the hospital crying when she told him to leave, had she really meant it? Did he really underestimate her love for him? It seemed now matter he did it was never good enough.

"Rubes whats wrong?" Her daughter had just walked in and curled up on the couch next to her, Charlie could see the tears in her daughters eyes. She wiped them from her daughters face as Ruby tried to catch her breath

" I went and saw Brax mum" Well Charlie definately wasn't expecting that " And Haley was there he slept with her mum"

And all at once her world came crashing down she could feel the knot in her stomach form and tears in her eyes, he had moved on, he had done what she had told him to and now she realised that she had lost him forever. Trying to hide her pain infront of her daughter she swallowed back her tears

"Its okay Rubes, i've seen them around together im not stupid. If shes what makes him happy then im glad he's found someone" Giving her daughter a reassuring smile though a not so convincing one she got up and went to her room leaving her daughter confused sitting on the lounge. Finally when she heard Ruby leave the house she began to cry before the exhaustion of her lack of sleep allowed Charlie to drift of.

Brax walked along the beach surfboard in hand, it seemed the ocean was the only place he could escape from his life that had now become a mess, he had been thinkg about what Ruby had said all morning he stopped as he notice Ruby sitting abgrily stabbing sticks into the sand he approached her steadily

"Im sorry about before Ruby you shouldn't of had to see that" He apoligised

"Do you love her?" Ruby asked still looking down at the sand

"Im still getting to know her, so i don't know maybe i could" He had been trying but he still wasn't sure

"You can't just decide, either it happens or it doesnt, did you love my mum?" She finally turned her head looking him in eye

"More than anythings Rubes" He turned to look out at the ocean

"Then why wont you fight for her? She loves you Brax can't you see that?" Rubys voice raised a little

"She told me she hated me, after everything i did and what i said to her the last time i saw her i dont blame her. I cant be the man she wants me to be Ruby" His voice lowered in defeat

"What did you say?"

"I meant no offence to you or your mum Rubes but i was just angry and she was finding everything wrong about me and i just wanted to make her feel how it felt." He began to explain

"Brax what did you say?" She interrupted

"I may have said something about her sleeping around so young and getting pregnant" He was disappointed in his actions

"Oh Brax, no wonder she said she hated you. I couldnt think of anything worse for you to say" She continued "Maybe the fire she would of forgiven, but first that and now Haley i dont know if you can come back from this Brax" He listened to Ruby it was true he had made a bad situation worse and he had no clue how to fix it.

"Im going to tell you something about Charlie so that you know where she is coming from and why she is the way she is. But its between you and me okay?" Brax nodded

" I don't know where to start so im going to get straight to the point. Charlie was raped Brax when she was fourteen she was raped, i am the product of a rape and my mum is a victim.." Ruby continued to explain the story, Brax listened intently when she had finally finished he forced himself to remain calm the anger was churning in his stomach but he couldn't let Ruby witness it. All he could manage to get out was

"Im sorry Rubes" she just looked at him a tear falling down her cheek,

"Brax she doesnt expect anything more from you then the truth" She spoke

"Why didn't she tell me the truth?" He asked

"I guess she was scared you would run, its happened before. If she said she loved you Brax she meant it" Ruby spoke

Brax looked up he could see Leah rushing towards them

"Ruby we have to go see your mum" Leah said struggling to catch her breath

"Whys that?" Ruby asked. Leah held the paper up infront of both of them their was a picture of Charlie and Brax Ruby grabbed it and began to read

"S**t lets go" Dropping the paper she glanced once more back at Brax before leaving. He picked up the paper and read the article furious he stood up and made his way home

Charlie switched of her phone she was angry at all the calls she had been receiving from the papers, people wanting interviews she had had enough. Slamming it down on the coffee table she took a deep breath trying to calm down unfortunately it wasnt that easy, she was either going to burst into tears or smash and throw things. She figured neither would resolve the problem so Charlie went to the fridge grabbed a bottle of wine and a glass and went and sat outside. By her the 4th glass she could feel the alcohol in her body numbing her feelings she wasnt happy nor upset nor angry she felt nothing and she wanted to stay that way Charlie didnt want to hurt anymore and drinking made sure she didnt. She made it through her first bottle by the time she heard Leah and Ruby come through the front door, putting the bottle into the recycling bin she walked into the greet the girls

"Hey guys" She said

"Oh charlie are you alright?" Leah asked hugging her friend

"Its okay it had to come out at one point" She reassured them

"But who would do this mum?" Ruby asked

"I have my ideas" She knew exactly who Haley was the only one who new the exact details of their relationship other then Brax "But anyway i need a wine anyone?" Charlie reached into the fridge

"Count me in Leah" Leah smiled stilled concentrating on her friends strange behaviour

"Me too" Ruby tried. Charlie looked at her daughter

"Just one" She winked . Grabbing more glasses the girls went and sat in lounge room, Charlie poured another for herself quickly drinking it before the girls had even started their first she then poured another

"Steady on Charlie, are you sure your alright?" Leah asked. There was a knock at the door, Charlie got up trying to avoid Leahs question she told the girls she'd get it. She unlocked it and swung open the door

"Thought you could use some support" The man smiled at her.

Great update,

Ugh I can't stand Hayley in this or in the show!!

Haha loved Ruby's reaction to Jack being alive. I always thought on the show that if they hadn't of been seeing other people, that Charlie and Jack would have been a good couple!!

Glad Brax knows the truth, but I agree with Danni02, I don't think that it was Ruby's place to tell him though!! It should be Charlie's!! But Ruby's right - will Charlie be able to forgive him for saying what he did?!

I hope it's Brax at the door, but I actually think it might be Jack!

More soon please :D

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 12

“Jack” Ruby screamed in delight at the figure standing at door, Charlie watched as her daughter jumped up and hugged him “Wow Rubes look at you, you’ve grown up so much” Jack replied. Charlie still a little in shock, was unable to move instead she studied her old friend in front of her. She was still coming to terms with the fact that he was alive, the last time they were together still seemed like a dream to Charlie, this however made it real. He was now cleanly shaven, tattoos gone his hair cut short again. It was a completely new man compared to the image she had last seen him then again it was the same looking Jack he had been before going undercover “Well you look good for someone whose supposed to be dead” Ruby’s comment brought Charlie back to reality, she hugged her best friend it felt good knowing he was back in her life “Come in, come in Leah’s just through there, I’ll get a glass you may have some explaining to do” Charlie informed him “Eh yeh, I’ve already seen most people, made up a story about work overseas, only you and im guessing Ruby know the truth, so” Charlie interrupted him “Don’t worry Ruby knows the danger it can put your life in, if she were to open her mouth” Charlie gave Ruby a warning look before gesturing them towards the lounger room “Eh C I also was wondering if I could sleep on your couch for a couple of nights, sorry it short notice just until I” Charlie cut in “Of course that’s fine no need to explain”

“Mum I need to talk to you about something, can we go to you room?” Ruby asked, Charlie noticing the nervousness in her daughters voice agreed and led the way leaving Jack to tell his ‘story’ to Leah. “What is it Rubes?” She asked worried, “Don’t be angry mum, but I went and saw Brax down the beach again today, and I had a long chat with him” Charlie interrupted her daughter “Ruby just because me and him aren’t together doesn’t mean you can’t talk to him, you are his brothers girlfriend remember” She reassured her daughter “I know mum but its not that, I told him something, something about us..about you” Charlie was beginning to feel a little confused wondering what could she could possibly tell Brax that would make her so nervous and then it hit her. “Ruby how could you?” Charlie hopped unsteadily of the bed anger in her voice alcohol on her breathe “Mum im sorry but” She could feel the rage forming in her body, Ruby had no right telling him any of her business especially after everything, she didn’t need him feeling sorry for her “I can’t believe you Rubes, just don’t even talk to me” Charlie brushed her daughter of “But Charlie what about me?” She heard her daughter ask, she turned and looked at her daughter seeing the tears in her eyes “What do you mean?” She asked angrily yet confused “I know it was tough for you going through what you went through Charlie, but its not just about you, I have to wake up everyday knowing im the result of that! Knowing what my father did and how every time you look at me I remind you of what happened” She watched shocked as her daughter stopped to catch her breath “Case is gone and sometimes I just need to talk about it to” Ruby finished, Charlie looked at her daughter she knew Ruby was right perhaps Brax wasn’t the best choice of confidents but it made her almost content knowing that her daughter trusted and was comfortable enough around him to confide something like that. “Oh im sorry Rubes” She walked over to her daughter and hugged her “I never thought of it like that” she whispered the conversation had began to sober her “Im sorry too mum” Charlie kissed her daughter on her forehead the girls were interrupted by a knock at the door “Bianca” Charlie was happy to see her friend standing at the door “Sorry to interrupt, but erm are you feeling brave yet? It’s a beautiful day for the beach and there’s an extremely good-looking man in your lounge room that I wouldn’t mind seeing without a shirt on. Shall we?” Charlie laughed at her friend then turned to her daughter “What do you reckon Rubes?”

“Got to do it sooner or later don’t we” Ruby said as she got of the bed and made her way to the door “Ill get changed and be out in a minute” Charlie assured the girls. Once she had shut the door she began to put her bikini on when the sounding of her phone interrupted her it was a message from Brax, she sighed before reading

Just checking on how you’re doing? Hope your okay B x

“Hurry up Charlie!” She heard Leah knock at the door. Placing it back down she returned to getting dressed, before grabbing her bag and joining everyone in the lounge room leaving her phone, message open on her bedside table.

Brax slyly placed his phone back into his pocket before Haley could notice she sat next to him amongst the crowd of River Boys and their surfboards on the beach, he was annoyed at her as she sat there flirting with the other boys. He had wanted to spend the rest of the day with the boys surfing and enjoying the sun especially after that mornings events but Haley had insisted she tag along. He looked across at her in her light pink bikini thinking he really couldn’t have gone any more different to Charlie, where as Haley had her pale skin, hazel eyes and short blonde hair Charlie had tanned skin, bright blue eyes and long brown hair. Was this really how he was going to get over her? He thought to himself, by choosing girls who bared no resemblance to Charlie what so ever. Brax then thought back to this morning when Ruby had revealed Charlies secret to him, he knew she was a strong woman but now he knew how strong he appreciated her even more. “You look lost” Hayley said as she placed a kiss on his cheek, he forced himself to laugh a little “Oh get of each other would ya” Heath joked as he came and sat on the other side of his brother

“Oh great heres this old bag again” Heath said as Brax looked up to find Colleen Smart and Roo walking in their direction “Morning boys” Roo acknowledge as she walked past Colleen just looked sternly at them “Got something to say you old hag?” Heath asked, “ohh the language of the youth today, I tell ya if my Lancey ever spoke like that to anyone he’d” Brax wacked his younger brother “Oh and you and Sergeant Buckton, can’t even feel safe in your own town anymore police and criminals oh deaary me” Colleen threw her arms up in the air.

“Are you ready?” Bianca stood next to Charlie as they stood at the top of the pathway and looked down onto the beach, she could see the Rivers Boys Brax included sitting to the left side of the end of the pathway. Jack and Leah had ducked into the diner to get them water and Ruby stood on the other side of Charlie “Ready as I’ll ever be” Charlie replied and began making her way down to the beach.

Brax was beginning to get sick of listening to Colleen talking about him and Charlie he looked at Roo who mouthed sorry to him he just smiled she had nothing to apologise for. “Oh speaking of the devil” Colleen’s whinging voice said he looked to the pathway entrance to see Bianca and Ruby followed by Charlie Colleen had gotten their attention so they walked over. Brax watched as she approached he was speechless at the site of Charlie in her small red bikini the boys also noticing whistled at her, he turned around and gave them a death stare causing them to look away. “Sorry Colleen you’ve got something to say?” Bianca said first “Oh Oh im not one to judge peoples choices but I was just saying that who are we turn to if even our Sergeant is sleeping with criminals” She rambled on “Oi Colleen why don’t you just shut your trap” Brax heard Ruby snap he watched as Charlie place her hand on Ruby’s shoulder and calmly say to Colleen “Please continue on Colleen”

“Oh er I just think now that Sergeant Jacks back he would be disappointed in having a corrupt officer in his station” There was silence as everyone was paying attention to the conversation “Colleen have you ever dated a criminal?” He watched Charlie ask the old woman “Ehm of course not!” Colleen replied offended at the thought “What about your last boyfriend we arrested with the illegal substances?” Charlie questioned, “Well well I didn’t know he was a criminal did I?” “Well that makes two of us then” Charlie said Brax cringed and looked away at what she had just said, he saw a male figure and Leah standing just away from them he watched as they made their way over and the man spoke “ You know Colleen Charlies Sergeant now and I am no longer in that position to judge and although as far corrupt cops I find them rather sexy” Brax watched as Jack walked over and placed his arm around Charlies neck kissing her on the head Brax felt the outrage overcome his body before Colleen could reply Roo butted in “Jack you still need somewhere to stay?” Brax just watched on in jealousy as Jack replied “ No thanks Roo im staying at Charlies until my place is set” That was enough to make him snap Heath noticed his brothers clenched fists and put his arm around his brother holding him down so that he wouldn’t do anything. “Look at you, you’ve been back a few days and you surrounded by ladies” Roo laughed, “What can I say they can’t get enough” Brax watched as he picked up Charlie and swung her over his shoulder “Put me down” he heard her laughter as the group made their way down the beach, making him feel even worse he watched ruby join in as Jack put her on his other shoulder and swung them around. Brax stood up “Where you going babe?” Haley grabbed his hand Brax jerked his away “To be alone” He walked of he heard Haley call “Wait up I’m coming too” But Heath had grabbed her “Leave him to it”

It was finally when he was alone that Brax was able to realise that he had finally lost her, she had moved on.

Archived