Two Wrongs Don't Make It Right

Guest LaylaK

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 5

She woke to the noise of her alarm clock it was finally time for her to return to work, she couldn't help but be excited. Charlie loved her job and was 100% committed to it, she felt her life was back in control again, just the way she liked it. As she put on her uniform she thought back to the past weeks events, blocking out images from that night she looked at the positives. Charlie had met a man someone who was kind, loving and made her laugh and she still could not believe her luck.

On her way to work she chose to stop in at the diner hoping she would catch a glimpse of Brax before work, unfortunetly he was nowhere to be seen. Grabbing a take away coffee from the ever gossiping Colleen and hiding her disappointment she returned to her car only to hear a familiar voice from behind,

"Morning Sergeant" She turned to find a cheeky smiling Darryl Braxton winking at her followed by his brother Heath walking, surfboards in hand.

All she could do was smile and think about how good he looked with out a shirt on. She laughed as she hopped into her car.

Charlie walked into the station and found a welcoming face one that she had missed immensly,

"Welcome back" Watson smiled hugging Charlie.

"I've been going crazy round here without you" she said leading Charlie into her office.

"Now i have a official orders for your first day back to make it as easy as possible for you. We re going to a briefing monday so enjoy your weekend cause we won't be having many more and i am not allowed to tell you anything more until then. Sorry but its orders" She pointed at Charlie knowing she would have none of it. "They reckon it might worry you, but i think you'll love it." She winked.

Charlie laughed Watson knew her too well. "Its good to be back."

"Erm well you spoke to early cause we're spending the day doing paperwork" Watson spoke trying to sound excited as she layed out a large pile on the desk.

By the end of the day Charlies mind was a blur the paperwork had really taken it out of her and she was happy to be finished. She chose to stop in at Braxtons on the way home, one because she was hungry and two because she secretly hoped Brax was their. As she walked up the stairs her stomach was doing backflips. Charlie walked through the door and looked up to find the goodlooking bartender eyes directed straight at her, she studied his face, he looked worried almost scared causing her excitement to lower as her curiousity set in. After a long silence

"Hard day at the office princess" he half smiled.

"I 'm exhausted but you look like you've had a worse day then me? You free tonight?" She replied

"You have know idea" His face had now relaxed and the real Brax quickly returned "That depends, you going to wear that for me?" He nodded at her uniform. His confidence almost cockiness was such a turn on. Her cheeks went pink from embarrassment as she looked around to see if anyone could hear, before leaning in close to his face and whispering

"I guess i could make that happen" She winked at him as she turned to walk away

" My my apartment then?" He struggled to get out.

"See you then" She turned to have one last look before strutting out the door. By the time she made it to the car her tummy rumbled reminding her why she had gone there in the first place, she couldnt go back though it would just ruin the fun. She looked down at her stomach, it would just have to wait.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------He woke the next morning at the brothers house smiling, she had been in his dreams last night and he missed her prescence already. Brax now looked forward to going to bed at night it meant he would be able to see her, he didn't feel alone anymore. But then a knot formed in his stomach as he realised what was to happen today, Charlies first day back at work. He could only hope that she could forgive him for who he was and where he came from, but it was not only that he needed her to forgive, he needed her to forgive him for not telling her, for being selfish enough to lie to the only girl he'd fell for. He took a deep breath in as he got out of bed, it was going to be a long day.

"About time you go out of bed you big girl" Heath teased. "You coming for a sur..Whats up with you? You look like you've seen a ghost"

"Get of me back Heath. Its probably cause i was up til late last night fixing your mess. And you wanna be in charge of the boys ha!" Brax snapped.

"Yeh yeh lets go then" Heath Surrended.

As they were walking to the beach he noticed a police officer heading their way, normally he would put his head down and avoid eye contact. But this officer he couldn't help but stare, she looked he didnt even know what word to use for how she looked in that uniform he had to concentrate so that Heath wouldn't notice.

"Morning Sargeant" He managed to get out as they walked past her. She just smiled at him, God dam shes sexy he thought to himself.

"Your dreaming mate" Heath laughed. "Besides she's a cop and she's way out of your league." He said as he to turned to check out the woman in uniform.

If only he knew, if only he could just say that he had been spending everyday of the past week with her, that for that time she had been his and he wasn't dreaming. He shrugged Heaths comment of as he ran in to the ocean besides he had something bigger to worry about.

By the afternoon his knot had trippled, Brax kept checking his phone every couple of minutes waiting for the phone call he'd been dreading. He let his imagination get the better of him as he thought of all the different scenarios that might take place. He checked his phone once more perhaps she had decided not to even bother being angry at and just chosen to erase him from her life. He shook the heartbreaking thought. He heard footsteps and looked up to see her standing there infront of him, he braced himself, almost sick at the thought of what she might say he tried to act casual after she didnt attempt to speak.

"Hard day at the office princess?"

"I'm exhausted but you look like you've had a worse day then me? You free tonight?"

"You have know idea" Then he thought about what she just said she really didnt have any idea, suddenly the knot loosened the slightest and he sighed in relief, she was still his, for now anyway and that was enough. He watched her walk out the room thinking how the hell did he get so lucky.

He sat at the end of his bed contemplating as to whether to tell her the truth, today was tough mentally, he didnt know if he could handle it again but he also didn't think he could handle hurting her. The knock at the door interrupted his thoughts he went to open it to find one goodlooking officer standing there.

"I swear it wasn't me sergeant" He played putting his hands in the air.

She jumped into his arms and kissed him then payfully pulling away

"Thats a shame i thought i might of had to bring the handcuffs out" She teased.

He took a deep breath as he looked at the beauty in his arms he was using every inch of energy to control his hormones, luckily for him she wasn't much good at controlling hers either. She hopped down and took of his shirt pushing him onto the bed straddling her legs on top of him. He undid her buttons removing her shirt and bra he sat there playing with her breasts fitting perfectly in his hands, making sure he left no part of her perfect body untouched as she undid his pants. They moved further up the bed where he undid her belt and took her pants of. "So these handcuffs you were talking about?" He asked cheekily she just laughed at him as he pulled her ontop and allowed himself inside of her listening to her moan as he did so.

When they'd finished she lay on top of him their naked bodies warm against each other.

"So what are we exactly?" He suprised himself at what he had just said.

"I mean well you make every guy in this towns head turn, especially in that uniform. Can i sleep easy at night knowing that theres no one else getting to see whats under it?" He winked trying to hide that he really was being serious. He couldn't stand the thought of someone else touching her the way he did, he did not want someone else sleeping next to her at night.

She just stared at him "I don't know what you think of me, but i don't sleep around if thats what your implying" She got up to leave offended by his question.

He grabbed her "Okay im sorry i've never done this before, what im saying is well Charlie Buckton i don't want anyone else and i dont want anyone else to have you. I want you all to myself." He studied her face soon enough face subsided from anger to a smile as she place her naked body on top of him.

"Darryl Braxton i'm all yours" His heart skipped a beat finally he could relax she was finally his girl. He rolled over ontop of her he did not want this night to end..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She vacuumed and washed trying to make the evening go quicker, work hadn't had the best start and she was looking forward to spending the evening with the man that made her so happy.

"Mum! your driving me crazy. Im trying to study and your acting like a mad woman. Whats going on?" Annoyed Ruby came out of her room

"Sorry Rubes i completely forgot, ill be out of your way soon."

"Where are you going?" Rubys curiousity got the better of her

"Just to the station, you know more paperwork and stuff" She hoped Ruby would fall for her lie.

"Okay well im gunna go see Case then. Byee." She kissed her on the cheek then left.

Charlie breathed a sigh of relief she didn't like lying to her daughter but Ruby didnt need any distractions whilest doing her HSC. She checked her watch and decided it was time to leave she couldnt wait an longer.

As she lay ontop of Brax she listened to his heartbeat it was fast she couldnt pick whether it was from the amazing sex they had just had or the if was her influence. She felt it increase as he went to speak

"So what are we exactly? I mean well you make every guy in this towns head turn, especially in that uniform. Can i sleep easy at night knowing that theres no one else getting to see whats under it?" Shejust looked at him and go up to leave, How dare he? She didnt know what he was getting at but he had practically assumed her to be sleeping around. What a jerk she thought as grabbed her pants and started putting them on.

"Okay im sorry i've never done this before, what im saying is well Charlie Buckton i don't want anyone else and i dont want anyone else to have you. I want you all to myself." She watched his worried face, and then realising that this was his way of asking to be her boyfriend she smiled. She didnt want anyone else touching him either and she herself couldnt see her wanting anyone else but him.

"Darryl Braxton i'm all yours" She watched the smile form on his face

"I've never wanted anything more then i want you" She heard him say as he again place himself inside of her.

She woke that morning to find the sun was up, she snuck out of bed trying not to wake the man sleeping next to her, Charlie walked out onto the verandah it was a beautiful day. As she looked around taking in the scenary she felt his arms wrap around her waist followed by a soft kiss on the neck.

"Please tell me you don't have to work today" She asked him

"Im sorry but i have to, you know i'd much rather spend it with you but tonight again eh?" She smiled

"Fine i don't how ill wait that long, but i better go make an appearance for Ruby shes getting suspect on my whereabouts these days" Charlie groaned

"You haven't told her?" He looked a little disappointed.

"Not yet, I just don't know how she'll react and its her HSC she doesn't need another distraction, not yet" The guilt in her stomach reminded her at how she hated not telling Ruby.

"Okay yeh i understand" She watched his and could tell that he really did. He picked her up and kissed her, taking her back to the bed. This was the man she'd been waiting for.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As he worked he couldn't help but think about what Charlie had said about Ruby, he really did understand her he was in the same boat with Casey and Heath. Casey wouldn't really say anything but he knew Heath was always happy to have his say, he knew that he would not accept their relationship after all she was the enemy and it was against all the rules of the gang. He coulnd't turn back know though, he was in way to deep to even consider it.

"Whats with you these days? Your always smiling with that dumb look on your face, you never come home anymore or hang with the boys" He heard Heath walk into the restaurant.

"Well whats there to not be happy about? Everythings running smoothly and running this place takes extra time hence not being around much Heath, why do you have problem with how everythings going?" He looked sternly at him

"No not at all, except well we have a problem" He muttered. Brax began to get fustrated.

"What now?"

"Well we may have ran into some of Jakes boys last night while you were in hiding, and things got a little rough, Jakes not too happy and is planning to get us back, thats why we're planning on raiding and burning his crop tonight. You in?"

Braxs anger had increased greatly and he was trying to control himself " Heath do you have f***ing brains in your head, things were just going right and you go and do something stupid like this, you realise this will start a war?!"

"Sorry mate but we have to show them whose in charge around here, so are you coming or not?" He asked. heath never thought twice about anything especially his actions.

"I guess I dont have a choice do I!!" He threw his apron onto the ground. "Ill be over soon" He hinted to Heath to leave before grabbing his phone

Something came up with my brother, i have to cancel so sorry Charlie, tomorrow night please?? xx

Feeling sorry for himself he grabbed his stuff and headed to the house, disappointed that he would not be seeing her tonight.

By the time they had gotten the petrol togther and made their plan of attack it was about 9.00 pm. He was so angry with Heath for getting him into this but it was his job as the leader to charge, they'd made it to Jakes property without being seen so that was a relief. They began to steal the crop seperating it into bags and then sending off the boys in pairs with the drugs in the cars. Heath and Brax stayed behind to burn the rest they would go by foot and meet them in the National Park. By the time the boys had set the whole crop on fire, no one had yet seen them. Satisfied with their efforts they walked back into the national park to where the boys were waiting. Heath and Brax sent the ones carrying drugs of first and they waited a little while before hopping into Braxs ute and making their way out onto the main road.

"Well that was easy" Heath looking satisfied with himself

"Not completely" Brax replied as they both looked in the review mirror to find a pair of blue and red lights flashing. Braxs heart sank.

Chapter 6

They watched as the officer stepped out of the car slowly walking over to them his heart raced a little, he was used to situations like this dealing with the police was something that happened on a weekly if not daily process for the River Boys but now it was a little more complicated, now he had something to lose.

"We just went to see mum but she wasn't home okay?" He whispered not looking at Heath.

"Evening Officer Watson" Brax turned to face the human figure checking the name on her badge

"Ah now how did i know it was going to be you two" She smirked at them "You wouldn't know anything about a fire being lit just outside of the national park on Jake Pirovic's property would you now?"

"Ah no officer we don't sorry. You see we've just been visiting our mum like the good boys we are. Im sure whoever did it though had their reasons" Heath laughed before receiving a stern look of Brax and shutting his mouth.

"Ofcourse you's don't. Do you River Boys know anything about well anything?" She was trying to degrade them now hoping the tactic would work. Brax was used to this now.

" Now you see officer where would be the fun in that eh?" Brax winked at her.

" We re onto you and your little followers" She gave them one last look of disgust before returning to her car.

They watched as the police car did a U turn and headed in the other direction before driving off themselves, Heath finally broke the silence

"Reckon thats the last we'll hear of that?" He seemed almost worried

"Not a chance" Brax was too angry to say anymore, just when he seemed to be moving forward in life he was always somehow dragged back and now he was in the thick of it again. Heath chose not to disturb his brother again for car ride home, he was in a whole other planet these days and Heath was determined to find out why.

Something came up with my brother, i have to cancel so sorry Charlie, tomorrow night please?? xx

Charlie stared at the message on her phone, disappointed once again, what is it with Heath? She thought to herself knowing it would't be Casey as he had just left with Ruby for the dinner and the movies.

Okay tomorrow night then. I have to get up early for work on monday so it won't be for too long though xo

Clicking send she realised all her sneaking around had ment she hadn't hung with Bianca for over a week. She'd only run into her at Angelos and the diner, realising how much she missed her friend she wrote

Come over for a wine and whine? x

She laughed at her own little joke before receiving a reply

You betcha. I ve missed you ill be there within in the hour :)

She thought about how much she loved her best friend and remembered everything they'd been through she felt terrible for hiding her new relationship status from Bianca but it just wasn't the right time she convinced herself. By the time Bianca arrived it was 7.00pm.

" I know im late im late, took me an hour to get April to even consider having a break from studying, i think im more stressed then she is" She looked almost out breath

"Thats fine, allwell atleast shes not out on drugs partying everynight. Ill grab the wine" She noticed Biancas stressful state

"Nothing like a wine to calm me down" She smiled thankful for a friend like Charlie. The girls chatted for a while before Bianca asked her

"So care to explain where you've been hiding the past week?"

"Just around the house you know was a bit worried about heading back to work " Charlie tried to sound convincing.

"Now that you've got that out of the way, do you want to tell me the truth? Rubys says you've barely been at home" Bianca questioned, Charlie knew she couldn't keep it from her bestfriend no matter how hard she may try.

"Okay okay, but im trusting you not to tell anyone at all. I've been seeing someone." Charlie couldn't look at her friend when she said this.

"About time you admitted it" Charlie glanced up at Bianca

"What do you mean?" She was nervous now

"Oh come on Charlie, not being around much and your so happy like right now, it scares me. Charlie me and you aren't happy people but now you havent wiped that smile of your face since i've been here and your like glowing are you sure your not knocked up to?" Bianca laughed as she said so. She noticed the look on Charlies face "Im joking relax. Either the people in this town are to dumb to notice or i pay way to much attention to things but i know your banging that bartender"

The girls just broke into laughter with Charlie finally managing to say " Im sorry for not telling you its just I'm not ready to be the talk of the town yet"

"Your secrets safe with me. Besides Darryl Braxton is one goodlooking man" She promised

"And you and his brother what is happening there?" Charlie tried to change the subject.

"Oh just a bit of fun you know nothing serious" Charlie tried to work out what that ment as she went to the kitchen to grab more wine. "I wonder what it is we find so attractive about those Bad River Boys" Bianca said her thoughts out loud.

"Whats a River Boy?" Charlie paused

"Im homee!" Charlie turned to see Ruby entering the door. "Hey Bianca" She hugged Bianca.

"How was the movie Rubes?" Charlie asked,

"It was okay Casey was in a grumpy mood so he sorta ruined it, something about his brothers. I made him drop me home" She seemed a little upset

"Are you okay Rubes?" Charlie hated seeing her daughter upset.

"Yeh its all good im going to bed night ladies"

"I better be of too, it's my shift for Irene" Bianca said as she hugged Charlie goodbye, seeing the look on Charlies face she reassured her friend "I won't tell a soul"

Charlie stood at the door for a minute she was happy she had Bianca to help her but her thoughts quickly changed to someone else as she locked the front door and walked into her room. She wondered what he was doing at that exact moment before falling asleep.

By the time they had made it home he was so annoyed with himself and with Heath he walked straight into his room slamming the door. Heath ignoring his brothers effort to remind him how pissed he was at him grabbed a beer and went into his own room. Brax layed on his bed grabbing his phone

Sorry about tonight, i missed you x

He layed there staring at his phone before realising he wasn't going to get a reply wondering what she had done that night he rolled over to get some sleep

He woke late that morning, still trying to comprehend last nights events he hopped in the shower letting water run over his body as he thought about the last few days. He grabbed his phone realising there was a message from Charlie

Thats okay. Hope it was worth it, ill see you when you finish work x

By the time he had made it work Casey had set everything up for him.

"Thanks heaps Case, i overslept" He could tell his little brother was in a mood

"Where did you and Heath go last night?" Casey questioned

"Just to see mum eh she gets a bit a lonely now we've all moved out"

"Your such a liar Brax" Brax was getting annoyed with Casey's attitude

"Case just drop it alright" He knew Casey wasn't stupid but he also knew that it was best he had nothing to do with it.

"Whatever" He watched as Casey stormed of to the kitchen.

Brax checked the clock the only thing getting him through this day was that fact he got to have Charlie at the end of it, she was definately worth the wait. He grabbed his phone

Meet down the South end of the beach at 5? x

Ill be there x

Charlie replied almost instantly increasing his want for the day to be over. He watched from the bar as Bianca walked in followed by Heath not taking an eye of her.

"Hello Mr Braxton, just a greek salad please" Her smile was suspect. He went into the kitchen wondering what had made her look at him like that, Heath followed

"Isn't she just fine" Heath turned to look at the Bianca at the bar.

"She's not just a one nighter you know Heath, she's a woman you treat her right eh"

"Yeh yeh i know mr love police jeez" He threw a pieace tomato at Brax before walking out whistling at Bianca as he left.

"Sorry about him, his brains the size of a peanut" She laughed at his comment she understood completely. He passed her the salad before leaving she looked at Brax with the serious

school teacher look she had managed to ace through out her career

"Don't hurt her Mr Braxton or ill come after you" He just looked at her, the colour drained from his face, Bianca noticed this "You's two should really have more faith in me, i ain't telling nobody" She turned and left.

After work he walked along the beach to where he was meeting Charlie, he figured it was almost dark and no one would be down that end of the beach at that time anyway, he was happy to find Charlie there waiting, she was always on time. She noticed him walking towards her and stood up.

"So what happened to our secret and very very sexy relationship?" He laughed as he put his arms around her she looked at him having no idea what he was talking about. "Bianca?"

"Im sorry but she already knew, i wouldnt have told her otherwise" She looked at him worried.

"Surely we are not that obvious" He say down next to her

"Apparently my happiness was the give away" She smiled looking down at the sand

"So i make you happy?" He put his fingers under her chin slowly lifting it towards him

"Completely" Her breathing getting heavier

"You make me the happiest man alive Charlie" He whispered as he placed his lips on hers.

She hopped into bed that night a very happy woman, unbeknowns to her she'd manage to drag herself away from Brax by 7.30 pm he had walked her home disappointed that she coulnd't spend the night with him. As she lay there she couldn't stop thinking about him and how quickly he become a big part of her life. Her feelings had grown from attraction to lust to love. Her mind replayed that last word. "Love" she said outloud, there was no longer denying it she loved him, she loved Darryl Braxton.

She arrived in her office at work to find Watson already sitting there "Goodmorning" She said handing Charlie a coffee

"Thanks, what would i do with out you?" She was so grateful for Watson

"Well you wouldnt have a partner without me would you?" Watson smiled.

"What your my new partner? Oh im so happy" She hugged Watson, greatful that they had given her a chance

"Yep starting from today we can celebrate later, we ve got this meeting first. I hope your ready for this" She looked serious

"Aren't i always?" Charlie tried to lighten the mood.

"Thats why your one of the best. Now lets get going" Watson complimented Charlie

Both officers entered the room to see the Senior sergeant of Mangrove River and two of his officers, Her inspector and couple of other officers.

"Okay everyone take a seat, we have a very serious matter to deal with" He nodded at the Mangrove River sergeant inviting him into the conversation

"Now as some of you know theres a new gang in town, known as the River Boys they are voilent, they deal drugs and well they just don't give a s**t about anyone but themselves infront of you is a booklet of the history of gang and previous charges against who we believe to be part of it. Due to the fact that they have made there way over to your area code we are no longer allowed to continue to investigate. The balls in your court now."

Charlie always like a challenged but this seemed bigger then anything she had ever dealt with, a gang in Summer Bay? A drug running voilent gang? She couldn't believe it, Summer Bay was such a small town. The River Boys. Why did those words sound so familiar.

He continued "Now to get rid of the gang for good we have to target the main men, the ones at the core of the whole entire process. If you turn to page 12 of the booklet you find a picture of our first target Heath Braxton now he shouldn't be too hard we've found he lacks in intelligence but the main man the one you want, the brains of the whole entire gang you will find on the next page"

Charlie looked down at Heaths face in the centre of the page, she couldn't believe it, she wondered if Brax knew what his younger brother was hiding from him, she would have to tell him she had no choice. Especially if it endangered her own daughter

It was then Charlie turned to the next page..

It hit her like a brick wall, there he was in the center of the page, the man she loved was a wanted gang leader. She felt hers eye begin to water, she breathed trying to stop the emotions over coming her

"Darryl Braxton"

The mention of his name only increased them, she sat there trying to be strong, trying to hide the fact that her was breaking with each word the sergeant spoke.

"Now Saturday night a fire was started at a rival gang members farm known as Jake Pirovic. We believe those two to be responsible, as one of yours Constable Watson pulled them over within the area just after we received a call from the fire brigade"

Charlie looked at Watson then thought back to Saturday when Brax had cancelled on her, he had told her yesterday they had gone to see his mum, she no longer believed it as the knot in her stomach increased.

When the meeting was over she quickly said goodbye to Watson saying she wasn't feeling to good, she walked outside to her car tears running down her eyes she had to stop and lean over into the bush she could feel her need to be sick increase as she thought of everything she had just learned about the man that Charlie had thought she loved. Slowly Charlie walked over to her car and hopped inside and it was then when she was finally alone she let the pain take over and for the first time in a long time she cried.

Archived