Two Wrongs Don't Make It Right

Guest LaylaK

Chapter 2

As Brax stood behind the bar he was smiling, he just witnessed Caseys first attempt at a date and he was proud. The kid was nervous, real nervous but Brax thought he'd pulled it off. He was impressed at how pretty and well mannered Caseys new girl was. He'd done well.

Heath walked in and behind the bar, "Hey big brother got some spare cash lying around?"

"Not for you i dont eh" Heath was always wanting money.

"Oh come..Wow"

Brax looked up from the til to see what had caught his brothers attention and his jaw dropped.

Walking in were three very lovely looking ladies. Brax recognised the first two as Leah who worked at the diner and Bianca who taught at Summer Bay High who was also Heaths secret crush though he would never admit it. He did not recognise the third though, she was stunning with her long brown hair and possibly the best set of legs hed seen. Her blue eyes stood out from across the room. Who was this lovely looking creature and where did she come from? He thought to himself.

God shes fine, so are her friends mmm Heath thought to himself about Bianca, he glanced at Brax to see if he had noticed the lovely sight that was taking place across the room however he had turned to find Brax looking like an idiot mouth open staring at the leggy brunette. Shes a stunner alright..but Brax always goes for blondes. hmm strange. anyway heres my chance..

" Sooo can i have that money?"

" Ah sure take it.." Brax said without knowing and so Heath grabbed the money before his brother realised what he had said and walked out winking at Bianca on the way, Brax left to stare alone.

"Excuse me..anyone theree" Leah waved her hands infront of him

"Oh sorry Leah. What can i get you?" he laughed at the thought of how stupid he must of looked.

"Just a bottle of red. Haha its okay your not the only man whose looked like that when she walks into the room." She winked at him and he couldnt help but laugh and shake his head in embarrassment.

He felt stupid, Ofcourse she would have plenty of men after her, it almost made him..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jealous!" Bianca said as Charlie explained her last month holidaying as they walked into Braxtons.

When they walked through door Charlie looked around to see the place was crowded, it had changed from a restaturant to a place where people could have dinner, have a dance and have a big night. She loved it. The new owners have done well she thought to herself as the girls took a seat near the balcony.

"My shout first" Leah excitedly said as she made her way to the bar.

Charlie noticed Bianca staring at a guy she had never seen before as he walked past. He was in a white singlet boardies and thongs with tattoos all down his arms. Not Biancas type Charlie thought. He looked their way and winked at Bianca. Causing a small smile on the blondes face.

Charlie couldnt help herself "Whose that?"

Bianca looked at her unaware she was being watched "That is one of the new owners. That Charlie.. is trouble" She laughed leaving Charlie trying to work out what she ment. She made a mental note to question her more on the subject later.

As Leah returned with the bottle of wine, Charlie glanced over at the bar to find a extremely goodlooking man staring right at her. Shed never seen him before but as she studied him she began to like what she saw. He was broad, well built, his arms were well lets just say she was a sucker for muscles. And then he smiled at her, it gave her butterflies in her stomach he had a cheeky smile, it was sexy.

Get it together you ve been back one day and your already fantasizing over the bartender, bet you look like an idiot she thought angry at herself.

She rejoined reality, as the girls sat there and gossiped drinking their wine, she realised just how much she had missed her friends, especially Bianca. The girls heard the music start and they laughed there was no choice it was now time to hit the dancefloor.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jealous? Brax thought to himself. No way you dont even know the girl , your losing it he thought to himself shaking his head. He looked up at her again.

"She's stunning" he whispered.

As if she heard she turned her head to look at him, he could tell from her facial expressions that she was deep in thought as she studied the stranger behind the bar. He didnt know what else to do but smile at her. To his suprise she smiled back.

"Stunning" he whispered once more before returning to the kitchen to help the others.

She did not leave his thoughts for the next hour or so, he just wanted to go back out there to watch her, even talk to her? No he thought she wouldn't have time for me, although it didnt stop his mind wandering.

Heath and a few of the other River boys interrupted his thoughts as they busted through the kitchen door.

"Braaxx" He could smell the alcohol on Heath's breath.

"Hurry up and come and have a drink"

"Give me a minute to help shut the kitchen and ill be out" Finally an excuse to go back out there he thought.

As soon as he got changed he walked out to the bar to see that the restaurant had now turned into a nightclub, there were people dancing, lights flashing everywhere. He was proud of what he had created, he had done it the right way, the legal way well apart from the drug money he spent on it. He poured himself a bourbon and joined Heath at the table with the boys. He scanned the room to find her, hoping she was still here. He spotted her on the dancefloor with Bianca and Leah laughing and dancing. She'd obviously had to much to drink but still as she stumbled around the dance floor with her friends there was still something classy and sexy about her.

As he looked back at the boys he noticed he wasnt the only one who had been captivated by this girl. Brody was sitting there not taking his eyes of her.

When Heath was drunk there was always two sides that came out, the loving and the angry; tonight was the loving, Brax was thankful as he was in no state to deal with the trouble Heaths anger problems got him into. Heath got up and made his way over to Bianca by then the girls had sat down at their table.

"Wish me luck" Brody winked at Brax and followed.

As Brax watched on Heath had started conversation with Bianca she was laughing at something he said, he grabbed her hand and led her to the dancefloor. Mean while Brody had put his arm around the brunette it made his stomach drop. He wanted go over there and deck Brody. He'd never felt like this and he had no right to he thought calming himself down. As he looked again he saw her remove Brodys arm from around her, it relieved him but he could tell that Brody didnt like her rejection. He knew that Brody had a few mental issues and in the past had not taken rejection from females well in the past. He watched as Brody kept trying while she continued to politely say no. Brax could see that Brody was getting angry and that she was starting to become frightened, he felt it was time to step in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Charlie looked around watching her friends dancing she knew she had to much to drink, she didnt care though she just wanted to have fun, she had nomore work for the next week and a half. After realising how drunk they were the girls decided to sit down and take a breather before starting the walk home. As they sat down the same man in the singlet and boardshorts from a few hours ago walked over to them followed by a shorter not so goodlooking guy. He walked over to Bianca and whispered something in her ear making her break out into laughter, Charlie smiled to herself. If he makes her happy like this surely he can't be to much trouble she thought. He took Biancas hand and led her to the dance floor.

As he did so she felt a strangers arm placed around her neck it smelt of strong alcohol unsettling her stomach. She looked to see a man next to her,

" Hey sexy i'm Brody care for a dance?" Charlie instantly removed his arm from her neck and replied "No thank you, im just going to stay here with my friend" She looked at Leah

"Oh come on, you ll enjoy it" He pleaded. She denied many offers like this sometimes they just couldn't take the hint.

"No thanks im fine here" She replied becoming irritated

"Listen here bitch no need to be rude, get up and come and dance with me" he snapped. Charlie becoming more frightened calmly reinforced her answer "Like i said i dont want to dance i just want to sit down"

"If you don't get up right now and stop embarrassing me, Im gunna get you, you.." Brody was interupted by the goodlooking bartender Charlie had noticed earlier on

"Everything alright here? You causing trouble Brody?" He said staring directly at Brody

"Ah yeh sure i was just going um cya Brax" Brody struggled to get out and rushed out the door

"You okay?" he smiled at Charlie.

It was a warm smile making Charlie feel safe "Ah yeh thank you, i was handling it though" She said. She was never the one to ask for help.

He laughed "Im Brax, was just making sure, You girls right to get home? Need me to call a cab?" He asked as Bianca returned from the dancefloor with a what the hell was that about look.

"This is Charlie and no thanks we re just going to walk of the alcohol" Leah replied grabbing Bianca to explain what had just taken place

"Be safe then" he said looking straight at Charlie. "I always am" She gave a brief smile and followed after the girls.

As she was walking outside to catch up to the girls she started thinking about the bartender Brax, wondering how and why he'd had so much authority over that Brody guy to make him just run of like that.Then suddenly an arm around her neck and sharp cold feeling object up against her throat interupted her thoughts. She recognised the stench of alcohol and immediately knew who it was.

"Told you i was gunna get you" He laughed.

She went to scream but he pressed his hand around her mouth. "Get away from me" She just managed to get out. She struggled against him trying to free herself from his strong grasp. He just laughed at her.

"The more you struggle the fun it is for me" he smirked evily as he dragged her down to the beach.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone, im having alot of fun writing this. X

Chapter 3

As he watched her strut out the door he couldn't help but let his mind wander, he sighed and laughed at himself he had know idea why she was driving him crazy like this. He poured himself another bourban and walked out onto the balcony. Where he stood looking out the ocean, just yesterday he thought he had everything in his life under control and then today this person has just walked into his life and had thrown a spanner in the works.

"Charlie? Are you here" A panicked voice alerted Brax. He turned around to find Bianca

" Brax have you seen Charlie? I can't find her anywhere!"

" No i thought she left with you?" His heart rate quickening at the thought of her missing.

" She didnt catch up to us and shes not answering her phone its not like Charlie at all" Bianca was becoming frantic.

"Calm down ill find her" He glanced down at the beach from the verandah and over to the carpark. "Stay here okay don't go anywhere. Wheres Leah?"

"She saw Miles and he's walking her home"

"Just stay here ill be back" He ran down the stairs, checking the surfclub and the toilets he was starting to get worried now.

He walked over to his car then noticed that still parked next to his was brody's four wheel drive, he knew Brody was never the one to be responsible and walk home, Brax was always getting up him for drink driving.

His heart started to race even faster as the idea popped into his hand.

"No he wouldn't" Brax said outloud trying to reason with himself.

But Brody always had trouble handling rejection and he'd done worse before. Brax frantically looked around not knowing where to start, he glanced down at the beach where he saw a figure walking down the beach away from the light.

"Son of a bitch!" Brax yelled.

He looked up at the balcony at Bianca realising the horrored look across her face.

"Stay there okay. Heath will be here any minute" He yelled as he ran to the beach

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She'd kept on struggling it was slowing them down she'd hoped some one had seen them, but Charlie knew all to well, her chances were slim. Charlie knew what he had planned for her this wasnt her first experience in this situation, tears rolled down her face as she thought of her daughter Ruby, not again she thought to herself as he forcefully pushed her onto the sand. He held her throat and used the knife to slice a deep laceration in her thigh. She screamed in agony.

" Just so you dont run until im done" He smiled.

She almost vomited when she looked at him. She closed her eyes, shut out the pain her leg burning and just lay there trying not to think of what was about to happen.

As he ran down to the beach, his imagination was scaring him. Why her, not her please! he pleaded with himself. As he got to the sand he noticed a figure just down from where he was, he ran, he had no idea what he was going to do but there was no way he was gunna let anyone hurt Charlie. His Charlie he thought as he lunged himself at the figure.

"Ah s**t" Heath yelled. Brax had landed on him pretty hard.

"You sick.."Brax went to say something but then decided to let his fists do the talking.

"Woah settle mate, I got her she's alright" Suddenly realising he settled for a second. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Calm down, the cops broke up our party down near the head land so i was walking back to yours when i heard someone yelling, i came down to check it out.. and and i found Brodes" he looked back at Charlie not wanting to finish the sentence

"Where is he?" Heath stepped back he could hear the anger in Braxs voice

"Don't worry i got him good" Heath bragged. "Heath i swear to god if you don't tell me where he is.." He grabbed Heath by the throat

"Shes a cop Brax" Heath lowered his voice "Its not worth it"

It was all too much he couldnt handle it, he raised his fist "Okay okay he went that way" Heath pointed

"Biancas at the surf club take Charlie there and hurry up!" He stormed of

He caught a glimpse of Brodie further up the beach and chased after him

"Brodes" He yelled out,

"Aw Brax mate, sorry about before i really gotta handle my temper in public" He had this look of satisfaction across his face

"No worries mate just don't it again eh" He put his arm around Brody and walked until they were out of the others earshot. Before pushing him away and upper cutting him. Brody fell to the ground.

"Brax, what was that for?" There was no reply. He beat him with everything he had. Something took over him and he just couldnt stop. He wanted to kill him for attempting to hurt Charlie, he barely knew her but would do anything to protect her.

"Brax thats enough" said the voice breaking his trance.

"Ill take care of him, Charlies hurt i didnt see it at first theres blood everywhere, Biancas gone to call an ambulance" he heard again realising it was Heath who must of followed him.

He got up to leave the broken and bleeding Brody to his brother. "You touch her again i swear i will kill you Brody!"

He ran back to Charlie to find her sitting up in the sand surrounded by blood. He looked at her leg the only thing stopping him from going over to Brody and finishing him of was that Charlie needed him.

" It hurts" She managed to get out.

" Here" He took of his shirt and applied wrapped it around her leg, he then placed himself behind her, he wrapped hims arms around her cold frail body and placed her head on his chest.

"Did he hurt you or touch you anywhere else?" He asked. Brax didnt know if he could handle hearing the answer

"Just just my leg" She whispered. Relieved he listened as she started to cry.

" Im here Charlie, ill protect you. No ones ever gunna hurt you. I promise." He knew that he ment it with everything he had. The adrenaline in his body had turned to anguish he hadn't even been around her for more then a night and her life had been in danger, one of his own had hurt her. And it seemed no matter where he went his past was always there to haunt him.

She woke up to a big beam of light above her head, her body ached and her head was spinning. Images of the events that taken place replayed in her head again and again. She knew he didnt finish his plan but still it was so close Charlie thought as her surroundings became clear.

" Ah welcome back" A friendly voice she recognised said.

She knew the voice as Sid walker, it was then Charlie realised where she was. She sat up trying to take everything in.

" Go easy Charlie dont want to hurt yourself more, your alright your legs arent as bad as we first thought, you lost some blood but not enought to do any damage. I told Ruby you probably be better of resting at home then stuck in here in the hospital. She left with Leah to set things up at home for you" He smiled. " Its alot to take in i know. But your okay and your safe now so rest up until Ruby gets back" He said reassuringly.

"What day is it?"

"Its only Sunday so don't freak out" He gave her a reassuring smile. "Your body went into shock so we had to induce you, you only missed Saturday"

Relieved at the doctors words, she allowed herself to breathe and take the past days events in.

"Leah, Bianca, Irene and Brax dropped in this morning to check up on you as well, you haven't been short of visitors. I'll be back soon to check you out" He added as he left.

She was happy that her friends had come to see her but there was that one name that stood out to her the most. Even with the amount of pain she was in he still gave her butterflies. She was so grateful for him, this stranger, stayed by her side until he knew she was safe in hospital and even then had not wanted to let her go. Who was he? and why was she so fascinated with him?

Monday

He sat on the beach staring out into the ocean unaware of his surroundings, deep in thought he couldnt believe that this peaceful beach had almost been the crime scene. He thought of what had happened. His heart broke at the image of such thoughts. She was safe he tried to reassure himself. He wanted to be around 24/7 to protect her, he did not want another man to touch her again.

But the same question was always there in his mind, was she really safe with him? He was part of one of the most known gangs to the area and as he had discovered last night she was a police officer. The enemy.

"She's awake, just so you know" He looked up to find it was Bianca interupting his thoughts.

"Thank you for the other night, you were a lifesaver. Literally." She continued.

"Nah no lifesaver just did what anyone else would of" He said trying to play it cool as if he had not been worrying about Charlie every second since she had left his arms

"Well thank you anyway, i couldn't imagine what would of happened if you weren't there. Is Heath around this morning?" She asked now also trying to play it cool.

"I think so why is that?" He wanted to know where them two had disappeared after the hospital that night.

" Just wanting to thank him for the other night" She smiled to herself as she went to leave.

"For which part?" Brax called cheekily after her, he laughed as he recieved the finger off her. She would be good for Heath, settle him down for a bit. Would be a load of my shoulders thats for sure he said to himself. But as he thought more about it he knew it was the same damned situation as his own. Two different people, two different worlds. He sighed, your going crazy, you ve barely even spoken to her and even then, if shes heard the rumours she wouldnt want anything to do with you.. With that in mind he grabbed his board and went for a surf to clear his head.

Later that afternoon.

Brax walked through the door to find Casey and Heath both sitting on the lounge, beers in hand.

"Ah heres the big hero, saving the town cop surely thats gotta clear up your record" he teased. Elbowing Casey whilst doing so.

"Thanks for that Brax, Rubys mum wouldn't be well okay if it werent for you" Case said thankfully while giving Heath a stern look. Another thing he had discovered, she was the mother of Caseys new girl

"Oh get over it girls the cops safe mind you its a shame, she was hot, but now knowing shes a cop makes her 10 x hotter, sucks shes a pig ay Brax" He winked at Brax.

"Dont talk about her like that. Or ill break your nose too. By the way if your gunna sleep with Caseys teacher dont be a dick about it, i don't want it to affect Caseys grades" He winked back and shut his bedroom door knowing the abuse he would soon receive by Casey.

As he hopped into bed he heard

"You slept with my teacher you son of a bitch" before a loud thump and the smashing of a beer bottle as he drifted of to sleep..

Archived