Two Wrongs Don't Make It Right

Guest LaylaK

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 7

Charlie had made her way to the beach she sat staring out into the ocean her mind, a million miles away. She thought of this man, how he kissed her and how he held her and then she thought of the photo that lay in the middle of that page and the tears returned to her eyes. By the time they stopped and her anger dimmed she manage to get her phone and message Bianca

Really need you. Meet you at yours? x

As Bianca and Heath lay on his lounge she heard her phone go off.

"You really don't need to get that"Heath managed in between kisses

"I should it might be April" She pulled away from his lips and grabbed her phone

"What"Heath noticed the look on her face

"I gotta go. Sorry duty calls" She stood buttoning her top as she did so

"Well what about your duties to me?" He was disappointed he hated not being in control

"Im sure you can wait" She winked as she closed the door.

Charlie sat out the front of Irenes when she saw Bianca rushing up the drive "Charlie Buckton this better be worth it i was happily about to hop in to bed with He..Oh my god Charlie whats wrong?" She noticed the puffiness of her friends cheeks and the redness around her eyes. "Come on lets get you inside." There was no one home but Charlie insisted they go up stairs to Biancas room. The girls sat on the bed as Charlie replayed the days events to Bianca. Bianca could see her friends heart breaking as she continued on. Not knowing what else to do she hugged Charlie and didnt stop as Charlies tears began.

"Did you know about them?" Charlie finally managed to get out

"I heard rumours but i never really thought about it, Charlie i swear to you if i knew i would have told you" Charlie knew Bianca was telling her the truth

"I know. Its just he should of told me he should have been honest with me" She was no longer upset just full of anger.

"Not sticking up for him or anything Charlie. But would you have? I mean your hiding something from him to" Charlie looked at her friend she began to grow angrier

"I would have told him i just didn't want to scare him away"

"I know sweety" Biance pulled Charlie closer "But maybe thats what he was thinking too" Charlie took in Biancas words she was so angry, not at Bianca but at herself. She was just as bad as he was she just hadn't known it.

By the time she had left Biancas and made it home everyone was asleep, she snuck into the darkness and safeness of her room and collapsed into her bed. She was a cop and he was a criminal and she was still in love with him. She felt like she was in a movie it seemed something like this only existed in Hollywood.

Her phone vibrated

Havent heard from you? Everything okay? B X

She thought about it then deleted it. She wasn't ready to talk not just yet

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brax lay in bed in the morning he looked at his phone again he still hadn't heard from her and he was beginning to think the worst. It had been two days since he had seen her and he missed everything about Charlie. He tried to convince himself that she was just busy with work but deep down he knew the truth he just wasn't ready to accept it. Supressing a sigh he grabbed his board and headed to the beach he needed a surf.

Feeling slightly better when he returned from the water he looked up to find a familiar face had run straight past him "Charlie, Charlie!" He called she did not stop. He ran behind her grabbing her arm she swung around

"What Brax? What the hell do you want?" She yelled. He was in shock he went to speak but nothing came out he 'd never her seen her like this.

He finally spoke "Whats going on Charlie?"

"Whats going on? Whats going on Brax? You tell me, where the hell do you get of lying to me and putting my job on the line?" He knew she had finally found out the truth and he, well he couldnt blame her for her reaction.

"I'm sorry Charlie but im not like that anymore you of all people should know that" He could see the hurt in her eyes angry at himself for doing so he spoke again "Im sorry for hurting you and for disappointing you if that may be the case but i did what i had to do for my family until i found a better way, a better way for me and my brothers" He trailed of

"I didnt think you of all people would do this, you know how much my job means to me" She began but turned and walked away

"I was afraid of scaring you away" He stood there watching the girl he loved walking away and he didn't know what he could do about it.

When he arrived back home he found Heath sitting on the couch with a beer in his hand "Cops are onto us, lay low for a while eh none of your stupid s**t anymore" Brax didn't even want to look at him.

"What why? i thought we were doing good about keeping them out of our business" Heath had no clue as always

"Their onto us cause of that stupid fire, because you couldn't be smart enough to think about your actions for once. I mean it Heath no more trouble!" He slammed his bedroom door behind him. He sat at the end of his bed head in hands afraid he had lost the most important thing in his life. Charlie. He needed her to make it through each day he just hope she needed him enough to come back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She stood there staring out her window his last words replaying in her head I was afraid of scaring you away. She understood he had to look after his family and why he didn't tell her but she still felt betrayed almost like he had used her to get the law on his side. She couldn't just let something like this go she would speak to him when she was ready.

Her phone rang it was Constable Watson,

"You feel like working today?"

"You know it, ill be at the station in a minute" Charlie quickly got changed she couldn't think of anything better to distract her from worries.

"So where we going?" Charlie asked as they were driving.

"Braxtons" We've got to ask more questions about the Pirovics property. Charlie's stomach dropped, so much for a distraction she thought.

"Morning Officers what can i do for ya?" Brax asked as the women in blue made their way to the bar. He was trying to catch Charlie's eye but she couldn't look at him

"Just a few more questions about the other night Mr Braxton" Watson replied.

"I take it you still haven't found the culprits then eh?"

"So you went to see your mum then?" Charlie took over

"Thats right officer" He stared at her

"And can she confirm that?" Charlies asked bluntly

"Well no you see we got there and she wasn't home so we drove back" He calmy replied.

"So can anyone confirm your where abouts for the rest of the night" Watson interrupted Charlie

"Well there was Heath and you ofcourse" He winked at Watson

"Let us know if you decide to be honest" Watson turned and started to walk out. Charlie turned to follow she felt his hand placed on her shoulder.

"Charlie" Brushing it off she exited the restaurant with out looking back.

When Charlie had finished her shift she arrived home to find the house empty, Leah had left a note saying that her and VJ had gone away for a few days. She felt sorry for Leah she was still grieving over Miles and was trying to be strong but it wasn't really working. Ruby was with Casey, Charlie had allowed them to still see each other even after she had found out about his brothers. They had made a deal about Casey, innocent until proven guilty. Enjoying her time alone she hopped in the shower. When she got out she placed on her purple silk dressing gown. Walking into her room she heard a knock at the door, she considered not answering it but decided she should just incase. Walking out of her room she stopped and just stared at the figure at the door.

"What are you doing here?" She asked wishing she had gone with her first intsinct of not answering the door.

"We need to talk Charlie" The figure moved towards her.

"Brax i have nothing to say to you" She turned and walked into her room. Hopeing he would leave she sat on the bed but to her dismay he only followed her.

"Charlie im sorry i didn't tell you, i should have, i know i should have but could you see why i didn't? Look at how your reacting, i just wanted a chance at showing you the real me"He was pleading with her now. She just sat there, listening to the words he was saying. He was the only one that could make her feel better but he was also the one that made her feel like this.

"I just need to know" She started, staring at the window not game enough to look him. "Did you have anything to do with the fire at Jake Pirovics property?"

"No, I didn't i promise Charlie" He answered.

"So you have nothing to do with any drugs or beating up people or any of that anymore?" She finally turned to look at him. He sat down next to her on the bed.

"No not anymore" He place his hand on her face. His touch making her start to lose control again.

"I Love you Charlie" He stared into her eyes, her heart increased he had just told her what she needed to hear.

"I 'll get you to trust me again and i'll wait until your ready if you need me to" He kissed her. She didnt know what to do, her mind wanting her to pull away, her heart telling her to stay.

In the end her heart won and she kissed him back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He drove home trying to justify another lie he had just told the women he loved. He had accepted it now that he loved her and finally told her, not ever loving a woman before it was all new to him but he knew that he meant it. However he had said that he had nothing to do with the fire, he did not want to but it was the only way that she would stay with him, he had kissed her for the first time in what felt like forever and he did not want to lose her again. Brax could only hope that she would never find out because the rest of things he had said were true, he had found a better way of doing things and he was truly happy in doing so and he prayed that, that would be enough for her to.

He found Heath in his room when he got home "Where have you been? You were meant to come for a surf with me?" He asked annoyed at his older brother.

"I 've been busy" Brax replied.

"Sure you have. Where you been? You got that happy dopey look on your face again"

"Whats with all the detective questions Officer?" Brax also becoming annoyed with his younger sibling.

"Sorry im just worried about this fire business we haven't had a reaction from Jake or Hammer. Its a bit weird"

"The cops were asking questions today. We just stick to our story okay i mean it Heath. We will deal with the others when it happens" He watched as Heath agree and grabbed his board.

"If you say so Brax" Heath murmured as he left. Brax had already thought about Pirovics boys reaction and he also thought it was strange that they had not come back swinging maybe they had finally got the message he thought. He checked his phone to find a message from Charlie

No one is home tonight come over? X

He smiled to himself, even if it was cause of a lie she was back in his life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As she watched the message send she was still unsure about whether she was doing right thing but Charlie couldn't help but be vulnerable and stupid when it came to this man isn't that what love was supposed to be about. She looked at her phone

Be there in 5. Love you

She smiled, if no one knew it existed it wasn't wrong was it?

Still really enjoying this story. Poor Charlie what a shock and Brax why did you lie to her? - that's going to come back and bite him! Really looking forward to finding out what Jake has planned and seeing Charlie & Brax work things out (well I hope they do!)

Archived