Two Wrongs Don't Make It Right

Guest LaylaK

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone for your comments it is much appreciated :lol:

Chapter 8

"You seem like your in another world Charlie" She heard him murmer as she lay there her head on his chest.

"Sorry the past few days have been alot to take in" Charlie spoke still deep in thought

"I know and im sorry for putting you through this i should of had the guts to tell you about my past, i was just being selfish" He ran his fingers through her as he continued "the boys are my family now if they need help i help them out but thats it, i've changed Charlie i really have. But if i had told you, you would have left me and i can't be without you" Placing a kiss on her head he pulled her in closer.

"I know, but this is all the more reason no one can know about us. I could lose my job" She was stuck between a rock and a hard place there was no easy way to get out. She heard him sigh and looked up at the disappointment on his face.

"I don't want to sneak around Charlie, i wanna hold your hand in public and take you out on a real date" In her own world she would be happy for everyone to know about this man in her life, but they lived in the real world and she knew that wasn't possible. How can he not understand?

"I'm sorry Brax but we don't have a choice" She got up putting on her dressing gown on

"Alright i get it, but what are you doing? Clothing wasn't part of the plan" He smiled

"I am getting ready for work and you are leaving before anyone sees you" She threw his clothes at him

"You know i always liked the naked Charlie better" This man was going to drive her crazy she thought as she stood in the doorway looking at him, she walked over and placed her lips on his slowly and seductively kissing him before pulling away

"You need to be gone before i get out of the shower" Charlie heard him groan as she entered the bathroom.

Charlie sat in her office at work looking around the room, she was proud of her achievements at work nothing had ever come between her and her job she could only hope it would stay that way. Watson walked in interrupting her thoughts

"So whats your plan for your birthday this weekend?" It took me a second to process what she had said. I Had completely forgotten it was my own birthday on Friday. "Oh god Charlie your hopeless. You forgot your own birthday" Watson shook her head at Charlie. It was true between work and sneaking around seeing Brax time had flown by. Before Charlie began to speak Watson continued on

"Okay well that means you don't have plans, i ran into Bianca yesterday your going to come have drinks with us. No buts" Charlie didn't bother to argue she kind of enjoyed the thought of spending time with her friends it was what she needed.

"Okay sounds good to me" Charlie agreed. "So what have we got on the Pirovice case?" Charlie asked her co worker

"Well nothing. No one knows anything, no one saw anything and no one will tell us anything. It may have to be swept under the rug, for now anyway" Watson replied

"Suprise suprise" Charlie said not bothering to hide the sarcasim in her voice. " Well i suppose all we can do is keep and eye on both the gangs, i doubt the Pirovics will sit back and do nothing"

"You and me both" Watson replied.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where have you been?" Heath hounded him as soon as he walked through the door

"At my apartment for the night. Problem?" Brax tried to sound casual

"Only that your never around anymore" Heath growled

"Well sorry for trying to keep a house over our heads and putting food on the table. This restaurant takes up a lot of my time so quit your complaining." He lied.

"Are you sure you ain't got a girl or anything?" Heath looked at Brax trying to figure what the hell was going on with his brother.

"Now why would you think that?" Brax a little nervous at his brothers suggestion

"Cause your losing it, and i swear only woman make you do that" Heath was only teasing him now.

"Like you would know" Brax laughed at his dropkick of a brother

Am i seeing you tonight? B X

He had been thinking about what she had said all day, Brax hated the thought of not being able to show off his girl to everyone. But the more he thought about it the more he had to agree with her common sense, something he seemed to lack in. It would possibly cost Charlie her job, but he knew it was more dangerous then that if any of the River Boys or Pirovics boys found out he was dating a cop it would be her life in danger too.

Yes please. Your place? x

He lay there thinking about Charlie, he had found a strong independent women that had her own career and was raising a teenage daughter on her own. As stubborn as him, strong willed and beautiful, he could not think of anything he didnt love about her.

See you then. X

They all sat around the loungeroom of the Braxton home discussing Ruby's plan for her mothers suprise party "Brax are you sure its okay. I mean i can pay you if you want" Ruby was stressing herself out now. Of course she couldn't pay him she had no job which meant no money.

"Don't worry about it Rubes, its all on me. Me and Case will get all the food ready you just have to decorate" He smiled at Charlies daughter

"Thank you so much, Casey you have the best brother" She hugged Brax

"Whose talking about me? Whats going on here?" Heath walked through the door. Ruby laughed.

"Organising mums suprise party at Braxs, you coming?" Casey asked

"Err nah, no offence Ruby but i've never been a fan of hanging out with the coppers" He replied

"Bianca will be there" Casey added

"Ill think about it" Heath immediately replied before walking into his room. All three of them just looked at each other and laughed.

Both Brax and Casey had noticed a change in Heath since he and Bianca had began secretly meeting up, they thought no one knew but Brax and Casey had picked it straight away.

"Can we afford to pay Bianca to stick around so our brother isn't so much of jerk" Casey joked to his brother

"If she's smart no amount would be enough"

"I can still hear you!" They heard Heath yell room from his.

Brax laughed "I'm out of here" He happily left to spend time with his girl.

"So did i ever tell you how beautiful you were" He studied Charlies face making his way down to her body as she lay across the bed in his shirt.

"Once or twice, i don't really get sick of hearing it though" She reached up to grab the food he had just cooked for them.

"I got you a little something" He reached over to his beside draw pulling out a small wrapped box.

"Oh a present?" He watched as her face lit up

"Now i know its not your birthday until to tomorrow but we sorta dont have a reliable schedule of seeing each other. So just in case, Happy Birthday" He passed her the box and watched as she unwrapped it nervous about her reaction.

"Its beautiful Brax" She held the silver necklace infront of her

"If you don't like it you dont have to wear it" He muttered

"Are you kidding? I love it! Thank you so much" She squealed as she placed it around her neck. "How does it look?" She asked

"Perfect" He whispered, happy that she was now wearing his gift he leaned over and kissed her.

He looked around the restauraunt impressed with how Ruby had made the place look for Charlie's birthday"You've done well Rubes" He looked over at the panicked teenager "You know you should relax everything is ready to go"

"Okay i think i've got everything" She began going over the list in her head as the guests started to arrive

"Casey come and remind your girlfriend to breath" He called

"Rubes calm down its perfect" He placed a kiss on Rubys forehead

"Okay relax everyone shes coming now, act casual" She yelled across the room

Brax stood behind the bar as he heard the footsteps coming up the stairs "SUPRISE" Everyone yelled as Charlie entered the room. He watched as a smile light up across her face and her excitement grow, she wore a tight red strapless dress which enhanced her womanly curves, her hair fell down around her shoulders. He couldn't help but stare as she made her way through the guests and then he noticed the silver necklace he had given her still placed around her neck he was happy that she had a piece of him everywhere she went now. As the night went on Brax continued to pour drinks for all the party guests, he was glad everyone was enjoying themselves knowing how much trouble Ruby had gone to keep it a secret. He couldn't help but glance up every now and then searching for her amongst the crowd it was only when he layed his eyes upon her, made sure she was safe and happy was he able to concentrate back on the bar.

After an hour of so Charlie finally made her way to the bar he had noticed she had attempted many a times but everyone insisted she they would buy her the drinks.

They paused staring into each others eyes before she laughed "More champagne please" She held out her glass

"You know if you keep drinking like this your not going to be able to sneak to my place tonight" He was partially joking though hoping she would accept the invite.

"Don't worry Bianca promised to cover for me so i could be where i really want to be on my birthday" She was a little tipsy from the amount of alcohol she had consumed

"Oh and ah where is that?" He asked leaning closer to her filling her glass

"Just with my boyfriend but i don't think you know him" She grabbed her glass and went to return to the party

"Charlie" He called. She turned to him "You look beautiful" he watched as she smiled and blushed before she disappeared into the crowd.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlie walked out onto the verandah to get some air she was drunk and people were still being consistant in buying her drinks, she felt rude turning them down. Bianca noticed and followed her friend.

"You okay Charlie?" She leant next to her

"Just a little drunk" She replied slurring her words she turned to face the party. "Do you know how hard it is to not go in their and be with him" Bianca turned to to find her eyes directed at Brax

"Like it is killing me, why can't things be easy?" Charlie sighed.

"I understand completely" Bianca moved her gaze to Heath walking across the room. "You need to sit ill get you some water" She helped her friend to a seat

When her friend returned Charlie spoke again "I need everyone to go so i can be with Brax" She sipped on her water.

"Don't worry the guests are slowly leaving it won't be long"

"Charlie are you alright?" Ruby came over to her mother

"Im fine Rubes just a little to much to drink." Charlie replied

"Okay well are you ready to go me and Case can drop you home?"

"Ah shes gunna stay with me tonight ill look after her" Bianca interrupted

"Are you sure Bianca?" Charlie smiled at her daughter she had grown up so much

"Absolutely positive now you's to get out of here"

"Okay love you mum" She kissed her mothers forehead

"Thank you for tonight" Charlie really appreciated it.

"Okay i am going to get you organised with Brax" Charlie was also greatful for having such a perfect best friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After speaking with Bianca they organised to have Charlie get dropped to Braxs and he would go there after her cleaned up. He we was glad when the rest of the guest had left the quicker he cleaned up the quicker he could go home to Charlie. He liked that thought go home to Charlie. He was vaguely aware of Heath standing there as he was locking up

"So when are you going to start speaking the truth?" Heath asked

"What are you going on about know?" Brax was getting over Heaths attitude he turned back to locking the door

"Stop playing games with me Brax i know about you and the cop" Brax glanced up looking at his brother. "You think i'm stupid watching you's two flirting at the bar and the way you couldn't take your eyes of her, How brainless could you get Brax? She is a COP! Wait til the boys find out or Pirovics boys. She'll be dead followed by you!"

"No one is going to find out but are they Heath?" Brax yelled at his brother.

"Why? Why shouldnt i tell the boys? They ve gone to jail for us Brax and your throwing everything away for a cop! Is that where you've been every other night lately" Heath read the expression on his brothers face. "Im right aren't i? God damn it Brax what the hell is she to you? Insurance and alibi? A bit on the side?"

"She is none of that! I love her Heath okay. I love her. So do whatever it is you have to do but i ain't leaving her." He had enough he left Heath standing there

He arrived home fuming at Heath, as he unlocked the door he found Charlie laying on his bed the sight of her made the anger leave his body he walked over and kneeled between her legs

"How are you feeling princess?" He smiled at her

"I'm fine but you look like you need something to relax you" She began to take his shirt of.

When they had finished the alcohol consumed by Charlie had made her fall asleep almost instantly, but he lay there unable to sleep worried about the safety of the person in his arms, the most important thing in his life he didn't know what Heath would do but he also couldn't wait to find out. It was then he decided that he had to the leave the gang let Heath take over and move on with his life, his life with Charlie was more important then anything else. He heard his phone go off, satisfied with his decision he answered the random number

You and your brother should learn not to be so loud when having private conversations. You never know who might be listening. As for the cop she's pretty hot you better watch out i might not be able to myself. Its okay i'd kill her afterwards so we don't have any issues as you know i need to make it even.

He heard him laugh before the line went dead, he noticed Charlie stir "Who was that?" She mumbled half asleep

"Wrong number"He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer worried for the life of the woman he loved

Archived