Two Wrongs Don't Make It Right

Guest LaylaK

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fantastic update. It was good to see Brax jealous for a change. But I hope Charlie and Brax can work it out. Bianca and Jack seem like a good couple in this story. I hope Hayley isn't around for too long I can't stand her. Can't wait to see what you come up with in the next update :)

Ooh great update,

I was right!! It was Jack at the door!! Love Jack :wub:!!

Haha nice!! Bianca crushing on Jack!!

Aww sweet talk between Ruby and Charlie!!

It was good to see Brax be jealous for once instead of the other way round! Funny thing is though that Charlie and Jack are just really good friends, there isn't even anything going on there!!

More soon please :D

Thank you everyone much appreciated :)

Chapter 13

“Ruby seems happy” Bianca said as her and Charlie sat on the beach watching Ruby Jack and Leah play in the water.

“I think it’s the first day since Casey left that we haven’t been at each others throats. Jack always did wonders for her” Charlie said as she admired the bond between Ruby and Jack.

“You two seem close” Bianca informed her

“We’ve been through a lot he really helped me with Ruby growing up, I’ve been really lucky to have a friend like him” Charlie explained.

“So you two are just friends?” Bianca smiled.

“Yes Bianca just friends, he’s all yours” Charlie playfully slapped her friend.

“So my other question. Brax?” Bianca looked at her, she sighed at the thought

“He’s moved on, I’m fine and im moving on as well” Charlie said trying to sound convincing

“Oh really and how’s that working for you” Bianca knew her to well to not see through her lies

“I tend to find drinking helps” Charlie admitted. Bianca wrapped her arm around her friend

“Oh Charlie” she placed her head on Bianca’s shoulder

“How did you do it Bee? How did you move on from Liam” Charlie asked.

“It was simple, we fell out of love and started hurting each other instead. But you and him are still in love with each other so its not that simple” She explained. “But he’s moved on with Hayley” Charlie groaned,

“I don’t think he’s moved on at all. If he had moved on he would not have looked like he was about to jump up and strangle Jack when he kissed you on the head and then stormed of when you had made your way down the beach” Charlie listened to Bianca, she had barely paid attention to Brax’s presence let alone his reactions to Jack.

Brax lay on his bed staring up at the ceiling not budging when Heath knocked at the door “Can I come in?” He asked Brax didn’t budge nor did he speak a word, Heath entered anyway sitting at the end of the bed “You being a little girl over that bloke Bucktons sleeping with” Heath joked, Brax glanced down from the ceiling at Heath and glared at him “Sorry” His brother said, Brax then returned to staring at the ceiling. “Come have a few with the boys then?” Heath was being annoyingly persistent but Brax knew he shouldn’t mope around, he looked outside the door his brother noticing “Don’t worry she’s gone to her motel for the night” Heath said referring to Haley. “Don’t know why your moping for its your own bloody fault” Heath added as he left Brax in his room. He got up and got changed, heading out into the lounge room where Heath was waiting “Come on princess I need a beer” Heath pushed Brax towards the door.

“It feels good to be back with my partner in crime” Jack joked to Charlie as they were finishing their afternoon shift together

“Do you ever get scared they’ll recognise you?” Charlie asked curiously

“Nah pretty much had you fooled so I doubt they’d even have a chance” He replied happily

“Whatever I wasn’t fooled, I knew it was you!” She claimed,

“Am I dreaming?” Jack teased in a girly voice; Charlie punched him in the arm. “So where’s the best food available around here? I am starving” Jack asked as he started the patrol car “Um Braxton’s” Charlie mentioned trying to sound casual as she looked out the window

“Are you sure?” Jack looked over at her.

“Am I sure what?” Charlie was ready to face him if he was there and if he weren’t then she would be disappointed and relieved at the same time.

“Are you sure it’s the best food? And are you sure your ready to see lover boy?” Jack asked, she looked at him then sighed “You don’t have to be so strong all of the time Charlie, we ‘re all allowed to be selfish at least one point in our lives.” Jacks voice turned serious

“Do you miss her Jack?” Her voice was quiet “Every single day, some days I just sleep so that I can see her again. But it’s been a long time and I’m moving on with my life and besides she was taken away from me, I didn’t have a choice but you do. And I can see from the way he looks at you he loves you” Jack explained as they pulled up to Braxton’s, Charlie remembered Martha Jacks fiancé and how happy she had made him until she had gotten sick and passed away. Then her mind turned to Brax she knew deep down that he was the one for her but Charlie didn’t know if she was ready to surface it yet.

They boys sat in the surf club car park drinking it was still warm and the sun was beginning to set, Brax felt better when he was with the boys they were a good distraction for him “You boys realise this is a non alcohol zone don’t ya?” Brax looked to find John Palmer, he couldn’t stand the bloke always whinging about one thing or another. “And what are you gunna do about it palmer?” Heath asked the old man

“I’m asking you to leave right now” He insisted,

“It’s a free country old man” Heath argued as he placed himself next Brax. He watched as John stormed of mumbling to himself.

“Hey guys” Brax turned to see Ruby walking out from behind his Ute

“Hey Rubes how are you?” Brax asked her

“I’m good, have you guys heard from Case at all?” She asked the boys

“Yeh he got into trouble, lost his privileges for the week so that would be why you haven’t heard from him” Heath told her

“Okay was just checking” Ruby muttered, Brax noticed her disappointment

“He’s okay Rubes, not long left now” He tried to reassure her

“Yeh if you say so” She replied.

“Ruby!” Brax recognised the voice instantly and turned to see her walking towards them, it was an automatic reaction to admire her good looks and he noticed that it wasn’t just him “What are you all looking at?” Brax hissed at the boys causing them to laugh at his protectiveness. He noticed her quickly glance at him and then look away towards her daughter “Let me guess that old man had a whinge to you Buckton and now you here to tell us to leave” Heath said being a smart arse. “No Heath I’m not on duty but it is an alcohol free zone so just keep the noise down and disguise your alcohol a little bit better” He heard Charlie reply shocked by her reaction, normally you didn’t get a say. Brax also noticed Heath was suprised by what she had replied as he had shut his mouth and wiped the smile of his face causing Brax to smile himself she was the only one who ever stood up to Heath and his idiot ways, another reason to add to the list as to why he missed her “Mum what are you doing here?” Ruby asked

“Well your mum said she could cook dinner for us but I told her I was to young to die so we’ve come to pick up some instead” Brax turned to direction of the male voice as he made his way over to the girls it was the same bloke from the beach Jack. He couldn’t help the jealousy begin to overcome him once more; Jack was really starting to irritate him always showing up every time Brax was even close to Charlie. He listened to Ruby laugh “Has she tried to make you pancakes yet?” Ruby asked Jack

“This morning, although I think the grass in the back yard tasted better” Jack teased Charlie

“Oi your gunna pay for that” Brax watched on as the women he loved chased after another, she seemed happier then she ever was with him.

"See you guys later” Ruby waved and then chased after them.

“I’m going to get some beer you want some” Heath asked him,

“Get me something stronger” Brax replied as he sat there full of envy he hated him for making Charlie happy the way that he never could.

Charlie walked into her bedroom after dinner she was feeling tired and little sick and just wanted to be alone. She noticed her phone still on the bedside table, she picked it up and re read the message from Brax. Everything in her head was telling her to not give in to get rid of him from her life yet her heart ached at the thought. Being so close to him to today had sent her emotions wild. She sat there staring at the screen debating her next move.

Archived