Two Wrongs Don't Make It Right

Guest LaylaK

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This story is really drawing me in at the moment. I love that Jack is back and I hope in time that him and Brax can be friends. I am wondering if Charlie is pregnant with the subtle sick and tired comment at the end. :wink: I hope that Charlie does reply to Brax and they talk about things. :wub: Can't wait to see what happens next Please Update soon :)

Great update,

Haha liked that Bianca felt the need to check that Jack was single!!

Lol gotta love Heath :lol:! He and Brax kind of have a tough love brother relationship, don't they?

Again, it was good to see Brax being the jealous one for once!!

Jack teasing Charlie was made me laugh :lol:!!

Oooh the ending sounds promising!!

More soon please :D

Enjoying this loads! Love jealous Brax!! lol...hoping he puts up a fight for his girl and loving the relationship between Jack and Charlie.

Think Brax is feeling like Hayley is a stalker...it was funny him just wanting to get away from her. Bianca after Jack...all nice stuff...

Great writing, really looking forward to more! :)

Chapter 14

Brax heard his phone go of as he lay in bed watching Haley sleep; he had gotten himself heavily intoxicated and ended up inviting her over as she was a much-needed distraction. However by the time she had arrived he had been passed out asleep senseless to his surroundings. He rolled over gently hoping not wake the women sleeping next to him and reached for his phone, he squinted at the light beaming from his phone and then had to rub his eyes to check the name that appeared across the screen was real.

Are you free?

He studied the words on his phone a little confused, then again hopeful. Brax looked over at Haley to check she had not woken before writing back

Yeh. Are you okay?

He placed his phone on silent and got out of bed putting some trackies on and a singlet, he walked into the lounge room hopeful that she would reply. In what only took a minute but seemed like forever to him his phone vibrated

Can you meet me at the beach?

He was hesitant yet curious as to why out of no where she was interested in seeing him, however it was Charlie and even if she had moved on he would still be there for her no matter what

Sure I’m leaving now

He put on his shoes and got up to leave “Where you going?” He turned to find Haley entering the lounge room “Erm I couldn’t sleep” He lied as she made her way over to him she place her hands on his shoulders “If you go, I won’t be here when you get back” She whispered Brax studied the woman in front of him, he already new the decision he would make but it didn’t mean it would be easy. He appreciated everything this woman had done for him although menacing at times she had been there and loved him though he had not returned it. “I’m sorry Haley,” He said apologetically removing her hands from his body as he made his way to the door.

Charlie wrapped the coat around her body she looked down at her phone one more time, still unsure as to whether she had made the right decision in calling upon Brax. Although the day had been warm, the breeze was now brisk and cold causing goose bumps on her sunburnt body. She quietly shut the front door hoping not to wake the snoring Jack on the couch and made her way down to the beach. Charlie sat herself on a lone bench just out of the light still arguing with herself about what she was about to do. She watched him approach hands in pockets and head down covered by his hood, he looked at her as he sat down, she could see the questions in his eyes and the curiosity in his face. Why had she all of a sudden wanted to see him? Why in the middle of the night? The truth was she couldn’t give him an answer; she couldn’t even give herself one. The two sat there for quiet a while in silence staring out to the ocean before she finally spoke “Thank you for coming” She spoke softly

“Charlie why am I here?” He turned his head towards hers, she got caught up in his eyes for a moment she needed a reason and needed it fast.

“I just wanted to say sorry I left my phone at home all day so I couldn’t write back to your message” She explained to Brax

“Okay well if that’s all Sergeant” She watched as he got up to leave and almost considered letting him go

“Brax wait” She called, he turned his voice rose

“Charlie what do you want from me? Haley just left me because I chose to come see you instead of stay with her. And all you can give me is that pathetic explanation!” He was beginning to yell now and Charlie still couldn’t bring herself to answer him

“If your so upset about coming here then why did you even bother? If she makes you so happy then why come?” She managed to get out fighting back the tears she watched as he walked over to her placing his hands on her cheeks she could feel the warmth of his body.

“When are you going to get it through your head Charlie? Its you, Its always been you. She’s not in your league Charlie, not for a second” He ended in a whisper before stepping back, “But I’m obviously not the one for you, your so happy now, I have to accept that. I love you enough to let you have that” She listened to his words confused. How could he look at her and say she was happy? She was infact very far from it. She thought that perhaps her ability to hide her feelings from him, which in the past had been non-existent, was now improving. “Brax what are you talking about?” She moved closer to him craving his touch “Him, Charlie I’m talking about Jack I can see that you love him” She watched the way he shuddered when he said Jacks name

“Your joking aren’t you?” She asked angry at his stupidity when Brax didn’t reply she spoke again “He is my friend an old friend that I’ve known for years. Yes I love him but as a friend nothing more.” The more she spoke the angrier she got as his assumption “Just because you move on to the next girl you can find doesn’t mean it’s that easy for me” She said frustrated yet continued on “If you really think I could move on then you don’t know me” She couldn’t hold back the tears for much longer they began welling in her eyes. “Charlie I’m so sorry” He apologised reaching out to her but she was to upset and angry

“Just leave me alone” She stormed of to full of pride to let him see her cry.

Brax kicked the chair in frustration as he watched her walk away..again. He began to pace as he thought of his next move, there was no way she was getting out of it this easy. Angry with his assumption of her and Jack, without thinking he made his way to Charlies house the alcohol from earlier had completely warn off, his mind clear and on one thing only, he was going to win her heart. He didn’t consider the consequences as he snuck around the side of the house to her window trying not to wake the others sleeping in the house. Brax was grateful to see her window open; it would make the task a little easier. He looked in to the room to find it empty, disappointed but determined he decided he would wait for her to get home. Brax carefully climbed through window immediately her smell filled his nostrils, once safe inside he turned to close the window as the room felt cold, quietly turning towards the bed Brax jumped back at the sight of Charlie standing there with a lamp above her head “Brax what are you doing?” She hissed as she recognised the human figure in her room lowering the object in her hand. He moved closer to her his their faces barely inches apart “I can’t do it Charlie” He sighed looking into her deep blue eyes “I won’t let you throw this, throw us away” He proclaimed his stare became more intense, “Don’t you see, in some messed up misguided unconventional way we work. Charlie we work” He insisted, watching her Brax could see Charlie deciding what to do. She had two options 1. She could remain strong, guarded and walk away leaving him in this vulnerable liable state or 2. Or she could finally accept and give into the feelings she had for him, the ones that he knew existed.

She stood there she could feel his warm breathe on her face as he spoke; he was so close her body ached for him, to touch him again. No matter how wrong two people could be for each other she wanted it to be right. She did not break his stare as she weighed up her options pleading with her own self to choose the right one for her but both paths were into the unknown both unstable and unreliable, finally she spoke

Archived