Need You Now

Guest Lucii

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The next days passed by without much contact between the two girls. Bianca stayed low and hidden avoiding both Charlie and running into Heath. Charlie focused on work relying on information about Bianca’s case from Watson who even then couldn’t give her much. But hanging on to some of the information gave Charlie a little closure and she knew it wouldn’t be long until the rapist was behind bars. Charlie always thought it was Heath but as Brax’s brother she always doubted her theory. Seeing him on the beach almost made Charlie Buckton pity Heath although she didn’t say this to Bianca or Brax. Charlie saw the guy Heath hardly let anyone see. Inside he was terrified but on the outside he didn’t care. Charlie spent the rest of her shift day-dreaming about Bianca, Heath and Brax until finally she heard a vague voice telling her to go home. Smiling blankly Charlie left the office and pulled out the tight bobble from her hair and let it loose. She ran home to change before heading to Bianca’s.

Knocking on Bianca’s door, Charlie wondered whether Bianca had actually told anyone about the baby yet. She couldn’t exactly hide it forever and she’d be showing in a few months. Meanwhile Charlie kept her promise and told no – one about Bianca’s secret, not Ruby or Brax. All Brax could talk about was Charlie’s past and although Charlie was relieved that she told him, she more often than not had to tell him just to stop. Instead they lay on the couch in the motel and cuddled whenever she saw him with the occasional kiss every now and then. Charlie knew she couldn’t keep things a secret anymore either especially with her and Brax becoming more serious. But for the sake of her job she had to, even more now that Heath was under suspicion for Bianca’s rape.

Irene opened the door, beaming at Charlie.

”G’day darl” she greeted the pretty brunette heartily and invited her inside. Charlie smiled warmly as she stepped inside.

”Hey Irene is Bianca around?” she asked acknowledging Dex and April pashing on the couch. April detached herself from his tonsils and gave Charlie a quick hello before continuing with the ongoing game of tonsil tennis. Irene rolled her eyes at Charlie who laughed.

”Young love eh?” Charlie spoke as she turned to face Irene.

”I know but you’d think 3 hours of pashing they’d have had enough of the taste of each other’s tonsils by now” Irene laughed as she spoke. Charlie giggled.

”I know how you mean. Ruby has Casey over all the time and it’s like guys please I’m trying to watch TV”

The two women laughed.

”How is it with your daughter dating a Braxton?” Irene asked curiously as Charlie shifted uncomfortably. She mumbled a quick reply and smiled cheerily at Irene.

”Bianca’s up in her room. I’m glad you’ve came around actually Charlie”

”Oh yeah why’s that?”

”She’s just been really emotional and holed up in the room. April says your dinner was a great night but ever since Bianca’s rarely been seen out of her room. She won’t eat love. Maybe you could talk to her?”

”Yeah definitely I’ll go up and see her” Charlie excused herself from the room again walking by April and Dex. She walked upstairs and knocked gently on Bianca’s door. She got no reply so she opened the door. Charlie saw Bianca with her top rolled up staring at her stomach in the full length mirror. Her hands lay on her stomach as tears rolled down her eyes. She spun around to see Charlie smiled as she ran and collapsed into her bestfriends arms.

”It’s okay hunnie I’m here” Bianca found Charlie’s voice soothing as Charlie guided her towards the bed. Bianca’s hands never left her stomach.

”I’m still trying to get my head around it” she admitted. ”Being pregnant was never a part of my life’s plan”

Charlie stroked Bianca’s hair as Bianca cuddled a pillow close to her stomach.

”Life never goes to plan”

”You got that right” Bianca sat upright and rolled down her top.

”I got you an appointment at the hospital with Sid tomorrow but you’re going to have to tell April and Irene soon. They are both so worried about you”

”I know and I feel awful. But I can’t every time I try no words come out it’s like it was never meant to happen”

”You can do this Bianca”

”You think so?” Bianca half laughed.

”I know so” Charlie squeezed Bianca’s hands as she carefully pulled her off the bed. ”Shall we go tell them?”

Bianca shook her head and sat back down.

”Bianca” Charlie protested but Bianca was stubborn.

”Tomorrow after the hospital just so we can be sure. Are you coming with me tomorrow?”

Charlie nodded which made Bianca really relieved. She let it show as a massive smile broke out on her face.

”I’ve got to go but I’ll see you tomorrow. You know I’m always here for you right?”

”Thank you Charlie” she called out after her but Charlie had already gone. Bianca glanced down at her toned tummy and winced as she thought of the upcoming months. She curled up, becoming attached to the baby she didn’t want.

Meanwhile Charlie stepped downstairs to find Irene alone watching TV.

”Kicked the pashers out!” Irene grinned proud of her accomplishments. ”How is she love” she beckoned Charlie to sit down beside her which Charlie did gratefully.

”She’s okay. She’s sorry for pushing you and April away she doesn’t mean it Irene”

Irene smiled sympathetically at Charlie.

”I know love but I just wish she knew we were here to talk to her”

”She knows that and one day she’ll want to talk about what happened with you I just think she needs the space”

Irene nodded as Charlie glanced at her watch.

”I better go” she said at last as both her and Irene stood up. Irene walked her to the door.

”Thanks darl. You’ve been so good to her. She’s lucky to have you”

”I’m just doing what I can”

”Well keep it up. Good night darl” Irene smiled and closed the door as Charlie glanced up at the night sky. Before going home Charlie decided to take a walk along the beach before sitting down to watch the ocean in her favourite spot. She liked sitting there to think about whatever crossed her mind whether it was Ruby or her love life or even what to have for dinner. Charlie sat cross legged on the beach lost in her own thoughts.

”Fancy some company?” Charlie glanced up to find Brax staring down at her. Smiling she patted the sand for him to sit down.

”I’m sorry” he finally said. ”For the whole fight with Heath”

Charlie accepted the apology as Brax slipped his hand into hers. Charlie nestled her head against Brax’s shoulder as he brought her face up to his to kiss her lightly on the lips. He grinned showing off his dimples as Charlie wrapped her arms around him. Together they stared off into the ocean and up at the stars.

”I love you Charlie” Brax said glancing down at his girlfriend for a reply.

But he got nothing as Charlie had fell asleep, glad to be in the arms of the man she loved.

Good chapter.

I hope they catch the bad guy soon.

Glad that Charlie is there for Bee. :)

I hope Bianca can overcome all this.

Glad that Brax was there for Charlie.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

Update soon please :)

COOOOOOL update !! Some ADORABLE moments, especially ….

April detached herself from his tonsils and gave Charlie a quick hello before continuing with the ongoing game of tonsil tennis.

 ”I know how you mean. Ruby has Casey over all the time and it’s like guys please I’m trying to watch TV”

 ”I know and I feel awful. But I can’t every time I try no words come out it’s like it was never meant to happen”

 But he got nothing as Charlie had fell asleep, glad to be in the arms of the man she loved.

Sorry I missed two chapters, they were both really good.

Poor Bianca, hope she decides to keep the baby. And I hope she tells her family about the pregnancy soon.

Glad Charlie and Brax made up. And aww, the ending was so :wub:

More soon please :D

Thanks for the comments guys! They are so lovely to read and it really inspires me to keep writing :) xxx

Brax watched Charlie sleep for about ten fifteen minutes as they lay like any normal couple on a romantic jaunt to the beach. She stirred a little every now and then before continuing to breathe normally. Brax woke her gently as Charlie groaned. He pulled his hand away from hers as he stroked her hair and kissed her cheek.

”Brax” Charlie mumbled as she sat upright. ”I fell asleep?” she yawned and turned to Brax who stretched.

”You looked exhausted baby”

”I was” she gazed into her eyes before she leaned in to kiss him. ”I’m sorry for that”

”You’re beautiful you know that”

Charlie blushed and giggled like a little schoolgirl facing her crush. Brax grinned and stood up offering his hand to Charlie. She took it as he pulled her up and straight into his arms as they almost fell back into the sand. The pair giggled as Brax wrapped his arms around Charlie’s waist and flung her around in circles kissing her neck. Charlie squealed and protested for him to stop as they began to make their way back. Brax held out his hand and Charlie took it into her own. He kissed her lightly before making his way back to the motel. Charlie watched him go as her vision became blurred when a tear rolled down her eye. She walked back home to Leah’s and fell straight into bed exhausted.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Bianca woke early in disgust that she hadn’t bothered to change out of yesterdays clothes. Grumbling a little she smoothed out the clothes she wore as she remembered her plans for the day. Fear overtook her body as Bianca began to shake. She held her stomach not wanting today to happen.

Meanwhile Charlie had woken up to Ruby bombarding her with toast and orange juice in a bid to wake her up. Charlie mumbled half asleep in no mean to get up until eventually she came face to face with Ruby. Ruby thrust the toast practically in Charlie’s face as she smiled and stroked her mum’s cheek. Charlie sat bolt upright as she smiled about last night on the beach with Brax. Glancing at the clock Charlie realised it was only a few hours until Bianca’s appointment and rushed out of bed. Ruby hugged and kissed her mum before leaving school as Charlie watched her walk out the door she rushed around frantically shoving on any clothes she could find, grabbing her keys and phone before locking up the house and heading to Bianca’s.

Both women were feeling nervous about today’s appointment especially with Bianca’s fears of drinking too much. Charlie entered straight away knowing Irene and April were already out to see Bianca lay on the couch patting her stomach. Charlie gulped as she walked and pulled Bianca off the couch. Smiling a little Charlie took Bianca’s hand and led her out the door.

For best friends, neither had much to say on the car journey to the hospital. Bianca sat still looking out of the window like she was starring in some chick flick while Charlie did her best to concentrate on the road. Every now and then she looked over at Bianca, but Bianca hardly moved or blinked or breathed.

”The appointments with Sid” Charlie muttered knowing that the last thing Bianca would have wanted is Sid to be the first local to know especially as his son was dating April. ”He was the only one who could you know”

Bianca turned to face Charlie but kept her head resting on the seat.

”It’s not like I could hide it forever”

Charlie nodded as Bianca turned back around to stare out the window again. They reached the hospital and sat in the car for a while neither wanting to go out and face reality. Finally Bianca sat upright and turned her head.

”Shall we?”

Charlie nodded as the pair walked into the hospital. Bianca was quiet and withdrawn and kept her stomach hidden with a huge cardigan although she wasn’t showing. They sat in the waiting room, not ever wanting Bianca’s name to be called.

”Miss Scott” Bianca’s head jerked to look at the pretty little nurse who was saying her name. Tall, blonde, skinny – everything Bianca was now but would change in a few months. Bianca realised before long she was really going to hate the girl.

Sid welcomed the two girls awkwardly as Bianca sat herself on the bed and Charlie on the chair nearby. The three sat in silence for a moment as Sid read his files. He skim – read and flicked through pages.

”I’m sorry Bianca. No woman wants to conceive this way”

Bianca looked at Charlie who turned crimson and bowed her head. Sid focused on Bianca and didn’t pay too much attention to Charlie which she was thankful for. He rubbed the gel on her stomach as Bianca shuddered. Then she saw it – her baby.

It wasn’t like Bianca had expected – infact Sid had to point it out to her twice as it looked less like a baby and more like a peanut. But the pregnancy test was confirmed Bianca was pregnant – and six weeks at that. The baby was healthy much to the relief of all 3 people in the room and Sid could see no signs at this stage to tell them otherwise. As they watched the scan, Charlie found herself welling up as her mind cast back to her first scan at 14 years old as she squeezed Bianca’s hand tightly. Bianca just lay there glancing at the screen determined not to get attached.

”I don’t mean to pry Bianca it’s just as a doctor we have to talk these through with victims of...well it’s just to know whether you plan to keep the baby or not”

Charlie glanced at Bianca who lay motionless on the hospital bed.

”No I’m not keeping it”

Sid smiled sympathetically as Charlie rose from her seat.

”Well you know the options” he smiled as the scan ended.

”I’m going to put it up for adoption. Once it’s born to some nice family that live far away from here”

Sid nodded, understanding where Bianca was coming from as he said goodbye to the girls and walked out the room. Bianca began to cry as she stared up at the hospital ceiling. Her mascara began to run but Bianca didn’t care.

”So it wasn’t all a dream. I really am pregnant” she cried as Charlie consoled her.

”You need to tell people before they start guessing Bee” she said as Bianca nodded at the comment.

”Can you come over tonight? I can’t do it by myself”

Charlie nodded making a mental note to cancel her plans with Ruby. She knew her daughter would understand especially after Charlie could explain the reason tonight.

”Of course”

Charlie smiled but Bianca lay there. The tears had stopped instead she lay lost in her thoughts. She sat bolt upright as she climbed off the bed. She patted her stomach reassuringly as the two girls walked out of the room. Charlie shut the door as Bianca ran straight into Casey obviously in a rush. He hurt her stomach as Charlie heard Bianca yelp a little. Casey stopped as Bianca winced in pain as he babbled sorry in as many forms as he could manage. Bianca was fierce towards him as it looked obvious Casey was ready to cry. As Bianca walked off, Charlie found herself grabbing Casey’s arm incase he rushed off again.

”Case what’s wrong?” she asked concerned as he paced around a little his hands running through his hair. He sighed and glanced over his shoulder which nerved Charlie.

”Heath” he panted obviously out of breath from running. ”He’s been stabbed by some of the boys for the whole Bianca mess. I’m sorry Charlie I’ve got to run” he took off as Charlie gasped. She began to run after Bianca who walked away rather quickly when Charlie talked to Casey to try calm him down.

Finally she caught up to her almost at Charlie’s car. Charlie panted a little as she struggled to breathe.

”Heath’s in hospital. He’s been stabbed”

”And I’m supposed to care?”

”Bianca, look he could be the father of your baby”

Bianca walked ahead to the car anyway. She opened the door and sat in, sulking like Ruby did whenever she didn’t get her own way.

”Just take me home Charlie”

Archived