Need You Now

Guest Lucii

I looooove you Charlie-Warlie” she sang throwing her arms round Charlie as Charlie tried to guide Bianca home.

They got to Charlie’s place at last after Bianca had finished her rendition of All by myself and began to feel very drowsy.

Fantastic update! :) Loved the drunk Bianca in this chapter lol.

Looking forward to more!

Please update soon xx

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god - awesome chapter!!! :wub:

I love protective Brax!! I'm glad he was there for Charlie. I have a feeling though, that if Grant wasn't already dead he would be by Brax's hands. I'm glad that Brax knows now though. :wub:

Lol, Bianca singing "all by myself" was highly amusing to read :lol: . It was a good idea on Brax's part to not give her more alcohol and to call Charlie to come and get her.

I loved that this chapter was both serious and funny at the same time.

Glad that Brax is looking out for both women. :D

Dramatic ending though. Great stuff - more soon please :D!!

Just read this form the start …… SOOOOOO GREAT ….. especially ….

 She’d been thrown of the case as her bosses realised it may be too traumatic for her to deal with. Instead she spent her nights comforting Bianca and holding her while she cried

 The two had become incredibly close in the past few weeks with Charlie telling Bianca about Grant and how she became pregnant with Ruby. Bianca had never been able to confide so much in someone

 ”I still do. I wake up crying sometimes and I take my frustration out on Ruby. She’s my world but sometimes when I look at her she reminds me of him and my stomach turns”

 The silence was unbearable as the two never really spoke beforehand only with the recent events Bianca only seemed to turn to Charlie and nobody except Charlie or Ruby seemed to know why.

 ”I wish it was as simple as that Brax. I know what Bianca has gone through...because I went through the same thing myself” the tears followed as a look of horror overcame Brax’s face. ”Brax I was raped when I was fourteen”

 Maybe it’d be better if you’re brother got arrested or died or got snapped in two by a shark” Bianca muttered under her breath but Brax heard her.

 ”I looooove you Charlie-Warlie” she sang throwing her arms round Charlie as Charlie tried to guide Bianca home.

Thanks for the comments :wub: they’re so lovely to read x

Charlie stared blankly at the flickering tv screen, her mind wandered elsewhere. The volume was low as Bianca slept in Charlie’s bed. Every so often Charlie would go to check her incase the nightmares began. But Bianca slept soundly as a million thoughts rushed into Charlie’s head. Each time she thought of any of the attacks, tears would form in her eyes. Charlie would try hold them back but her emotions soon got the better of her as she cried silently over a strong coffee.

Ruby arrived home in her Summer Bay High uniform to find Charlie sitting on the couch. Her back was turned to Ruby as Ruby began fumbling for excuses to pardon her lateness.

”Charles...sorry I’m late. Me, Case, April and Dex went to the beach and I guess I just lost track of time”

”Okay” Charlie’s reply was quiet and soft as her voice broke and her lip quivered. Ruby flung her backpack onto the table and rushed over to the couch as Charlie held her head in her hands.

”Charlie what’s wrong?” She tried to comfort her mother but Charlie pushed her away.

”I just can’t do this anymore”

”Do what?”

”This” Charlie dried her eyes but there was really no point. ”Bianca’s attack, Grant, you” The tears fell harder as Charlie gave in to Ruby’s force and cuddled into her daughter. Charlie clung to Ruby as Ruby tried desperately to comfort her mother only to find herself crying as well as Charlie. She dried her eyes quickly and brought Charlie’s face up to meet her own.

”I know it’s hard but Bianca needs you. Charlie you’ve got amazing friends around you and everyone in the bay cares about you. I’m here, Leah’s here, Miles you’ve just got to stop closing up and let us help you”

”Bianca needs help not me”

”You both need help Charlie” The pair were interrupted by the buzz of Ruby’s mobile. Ruby scrambled away to read the message but frowned in confusion as she quickly read it.

”April says Bianca’s not home or anywhere in the bay” Ruby’s frown turned to a look of worry. ”You don’t think she’s left the bay have you?”

”She came back here earlier. She was drunk so I carried her home and she fell asleep in my bed. Tell April to come over, I’ll go wake her up”

Ruby smiled at her mum and turned her attention to her phone. Charlie got up, ran her fingers through her hair and exhaled as she walked into her room. She shook Bianca gently as Bianca groaned.

”Bee, time to get up” Charlie shook her again and Bianca woke with a jolt.

”Where am I?” She sat upright in the bed with her eyes still closed. ”Charlie is that you?”

”You’re at mine. You were drunk and you fell asleep so me and Brax put you in the bed. Come on get up, April will be here in five minutes”

Bianca opened her eyes and glanced at the clock.

”Oh god April”

”She understands don’t worry. Ruby texted her and told her you were here”

”Okay. Hey erm you know before I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary”

”You really don’t remember?”

Charlie thought back to earlier in the day at Angelo’s. Bianca shouting at Brax, making remarks about Heath, Dancing around the customers, Getting angry when she wasn’t getting served, telling anybody and everybody she loved them, singing at the top of her voice in the middle of the afternoon between the constant staggering and giggling, the slight flirting with Brax as she giggled at his every word. Charlie looked at Bianca who smiled sheepishly. ”No you just drank and then I came and took you home” she said as Bianca breathed a sigh of relief.

”That’s good. I should really get up now. I’m sorry for this again Charlie”

Charlie smiled at Bianca as she got up out of the bed and tight her hair up.

”You’re always welcome here you know that. I’m always here for you to talk to”

”Thanks Charlie and me likewise”

Charlie nodded and got up out of the room as Bianca did her best to smarten herself up. Ruby stood at the door talking to April who came as soon as she got Ruby’s text. April smiled at both Charlie and Ruby and they smiled back. The two young girls chattered lightly about school assignments as they waited for Bianca to step out of the room. Finally she did smiling at April, Charlie and Ruby. April rushed over to her sister and smiled.

”Bianca I was so worried”

”Yeah well I’m fine. Shall we go? Leave Charlie and Ruby to it” April nodded as Bianca hugged Charlie and April hugged Ruby. The four walked over to the door and said there goodbyes to one another. Ruby shut the door and Charlie desperate to forget what she said earlier turned her attention to the kitchen.

”You hungry? You want me to make you dinner?”

Ruby laughed as Charlie stared in confusion.

”Charlie you can’t cook”

”I can try”

”It’s okay you don’t have to cook me a meal. I’ll go to Angelo’s, collect some pizzas while you go rent a movie – something girly please! Last time I watched a movie Case made me sit through a bond film”

”I’ll go to Angelo’s. I need to speak with Brax anyway” for a moment Charlie forgot that nobody knew about her and Brax but as she noticed her daughters confusion she quickly thought of an excuse.

”Why?”

”Oh erm. Earlier I was in Angelo’s helping Bianca and he helped me walk her home”

Ruby smiled and nodded as Charlie fumbled around in her purse and walked out of the door. Charlie paced quickly to Angelo’s only to find Brax wasn’t there. She glanced around the restaurant but Brax was still nowhere to be seen. Sighing, she collected her order and headed back home. Ruby was messing around the DVD player when she heard the door shut.

”You get the pizzas? Did you see Brax?”

”Yes and no. Pizzas are in the kitchen and Brax was out” She smiled as she took a seat next to her daughter. ”What movie did you get?”

”Only the best film in the world”

”Dirty dancing?” Charlie rolled her eyes a little as she said this and Ruby glanced at her mother.

”How did you know that?”

”You’re my daughter. And we watched that film way too many times when we were younger. I’m surprised you don’t know the words”

Ruby grinned at her mother as she got up to get the pizzas. Charlie got up and sat on the couch with the remote in one hand ready to press play.

”Hey Rubes you don’t mind if I press play now do you. I mean you’ll only miss like a few seconds” Charlie grinned as she teased her daughter who came rushing in the room, pizzas in one hand and a sharp looking utensil in the other.

”Don’t you dare! Otherwise I’ll kill you with this” She waved the utensil close to Charlie who laughed. Ruby turned back into the kitchen and threw the utensil on the worktop before running into the living room at high speed and flinging herself on the couch. She cuddled into Charlie as she pressed play.

”I love you mum”

The two girls were silent as a huge grin spread across Charlie’s face. She glanced at Ruby who waited to see Charlie’s reaction.

”I love you too Rubes”

There’s some GREAT moments here, especially ,.,,.

 ”This” Charlie dried her eyes but there was really no point. ”Bianca’s attack, Grant, you”

 ”It’s okay you don’t have to cook me a meal. I’ll go to Angelo’s, collect some pizzas while you go rent a movie – something girly please! Last time I watched a movie Case made me sit through a bond film”

 ”Don’t you dare! Otherwise I’ll kill you with this” She waved the utensil close to Charlie who laughed. Ruby turned back into the kitchen and threw the utensil on the worktop before running into the living room at high speed and flinging herself on the couch. She cuddled into Charlie as she pressed play.

Archived