Need You Now

Guest Lucii

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic start!! This chapter was written amazingly well!! :D

Glad that Charlie can use her past experience to help Bianca, and I'm glad that both girls are there to support each other. I really wish something similar to that chapter had happened on the show after the whole B&S thing.

A few questions though - Like some one else said, does everyone know about Charlie and Brax in this fic? And does Brax know that Charlie was raped when she was younger?

Great start, I look forward to the next chapter :D

I'll update later but I'm just gonna answer any questions you have now :)

Brax and Charlie haven't gone public yet and Brax doesn't know about Charlie's past or how she had Ruby xx

Update will be up later. Thanks for reading :D x

Thanks for the comments :) Love reading them x

The next morning Charlie woke early to the clattering noises that came from Leah’s kitchen. She heard Ruby and VJ yell over breakfast and Leah in a desperate bid to calm them both down. As soon as she focused, her head became increasingly sore as Charlie winced at the amount of vodka she drunk last night to numb the pain. She looked at her phone, ready to dial work and call in sick but she knew she couldn’t stay lying round the house forever. One by one VJ, Ruby and Leah left the house and Charlie got up and tied her robe around herself. She yawned as she made her way through to the living room where she found a groggy half awake Bianca in last night’s clothes with a thin blanket over her. She smiled at Charlie and sat upright.

”Coffee?” Charlie asked as she made her way through to the kitchen.

”Have you anything to cure hangovers?” Bianca asked following her through.

”No I don’t think so, sorry” Charlie laughed a little. ”You look the way I’m feeling”

”Then you must be feeling perfect” Bianca grinned which pleased Charlie immensely. It was the little steps that would help Bianca over this. ”Charlie could I go for a shower please?”

”Yeah you know where the bathroom is, towels are in the cupboard and you can change in my room.” She glanced at the clothes Bianca wore as she slept. ”And you can borrow some of my clothes if you want”

Bianca smiled sheepishly and gratefully at Charlie and made her way to the bathroom. Charlie boiled the kettle only to be interrupted by a knock at the door. She saw April Scott standing in her Summer Bay High uniform carrying her backpack over her shoulder. She looked worried.

”April” Charlie said as she opened the door. ”Ruby’s already left”

”Yeah I know. I was wondering if you heard from Bianca. She went out last night and didn’t return and me and Irene are really worried for her safety”

”Ah come in. She ended up falling asleep on the couch and she must have forgotten to let any of you know”

Charlie was certain she could hear April breathe a sigh of relief as she turned her back on the young girl. She guided April through to the living room where she sat patiently for Bianca.

”Do you want a juice or something?” Charlie called out from the kitchen.

”Ah nah thanks. I’m just going to talk to Bianca and then head to school”

Charlie came through with steaming cup of coffee as she sat down beside April. The silence was unbearable as the two never really spoke beforehand only with the recent events Bianca only seemed to turn to Charlie and nobody except Charlie or Ruby seemed to know why.

Bianca returned roughly ten minutes later dressed in a pair of Charlie’s jeans and a top. She towel dried her hair as April sprung from the couch. Bianca stepped back, a little alarmed.

”Bianca what the hell?” April’s voice rose a little before she slapped her hand over her mouth. ”Why didn’t you come home last night?” her voice showed too much concern which Bianca had felt way too much recently and it was the tone of voice she had learnt to hate. She took April’s hands into her own and smiled into her baby sisters eyes.

”April I’m fine. I just needed to get away so I came to Charlie’s” Bianca replied as she pulled April in for a hug. April collapsed against her older sister’s arms.

”I’m sorry. We were just so worried..”

”I just need to be alone. I’m sorry April but the concerned mother act makes me feel worse”

The young girl nodded her head. She was confused but tried to understand where Bianca was coming from.

”Okay I understand. I better be going for school now.” She reached up and kissed her sister on the cheek. ”See you Charlie”

”Bye April” Bianca and Charlie replied in unison as they heard the door bang shut. Bianca collapsed on the couch next to Charlie.

”Thanks for last night” Bianca replied looking down at her feet. ”You’re a great friend”

Charlie smiled warmly at Bianca. She didn’t want to say anything directly to do with the attack as she didn’t want to upset her.

”Anytime you need me. You know I’m here” Charlie took one of Bianca’s hands and squeezed it. Bianca smiled as she pulled her hair into a tight ponytail. She rose from the couch and hugged her best friend.

”I better go” She said at last. Charlie took her to the door reassuring her that she could come around at anytime whenever she needed it. The two girls were glad they could confide in one another and Charlie knew she’d do anything it takes to get Bianca back to the way she was even though she knew it was impossible. Charlie watched Bianca walk until she was out of eyesight. She took out her phone and began to text

Come over to Leah’s? X

She sent the message to her boyfriend Darryl Braxton. The man who’s brother was accused of raping her best friend. Brax swore blind that it wasn’t Heath who would do something like that but Charlie knew him and Bianca had history. Heath Braxton was the only thing on Charlie’s mind until she heard a knock at the door. She allowed Brax in as he took her by the waist and kissed her. Charlie froze and pulled away which frustrated Brax. He leant in again only for the same thing to happen again.

”Charlie what’s up?” He took his girlfriends hand only for her to push him away. He took a step back a little confused and frustrated as Charlie began to cry.

”I’m sorry. I can’t” She sobbed as Brax shushed her and stroked his girlfriends hair.

”Why baby?”

”Bianca...” She sobbed again.

”I know Bianca’s your friend baby but you can’t let this get to you the way it has. I don’t like seeing you upset”

”There’s more to it than you think” Charlie sighed and looked into Brax’s eyes. She knew she could trust him like she did when she told Angelo the real truth about Ruby. She took Brax’s hand as they sat down on the couch. Brax looked confused but allowed himself to be guided by Charlie. He sat down first and she sat down next to him only for him to pull her onto his lap until she was lying against his chest. He could feel her heartbeat racing as Charlie prepared herself to tell him the truth.

”How is there more to it than I think?” Brax asked as he brought Charlie’s face around to where his was. He saw the tears shining in her eyes and tried to shush her only to make Charlie slightly angry.

”NO! I need to tell you now or I never will” She paused to take a deep breath. ”Bianca confides in me because I know what she’s going through”

Brax scratched his head.

”Because you’ve dealt with a lot of rape cases so you know how to help a victim?” he asked as Charlie shook her head. ”Charlie please tell me”

”I wish it was as simple as that Brax. I know what Bianca has gone through...because I went through the same thing myself” the tears followed as a look of horror overcame Brax’s face. ”Brax I was raped when I was fourteen”

I love Charlie and Bianca's friendship in this, its lovely :wub:

Its sweet how April is concerning and such a lil sister thing to do! ><

And Charlie has begun to tell Brax.......

Amazing writing as usual, more soon please :D

Very well told.

I love the friendship between Charlie and Bianca. They both seem so comfortable around each other, which is awesome.

The emotions and the way you tell this story is amazing.

Can't wait to see how you continue this story and where you take it. I hope Brax can understand Charlie and what she has to say next.

Update soon please :)

Archived