Need You Now

Guest Lucii

LOVED that, especially.............

 But even now, after Heath swore his loyalty she still didn’t know if having this baby was right. The past few days had seen her bond with an unborn child that hardly anyone knew about. What if she couldn’t bond? What if she didn’t love her baby the way Charlie loved Ruby?

 ”You and Brax?” Bianca’s eyes widened in surprise. ”Why didn’t you tell me Charlie, why are you so upset?” she wrapped her arms around her best friends head and tried to shush her sobs.

”Because” Charlie took a deep breath before blurting out the last sentence in a whole. ”My ex boyfriend turned up, Nicole’s dad, and he said he knows about me and Brax and he’s going to tell everyone and make sure I get fired and...” Charlie paused taking a huge breath. ”I don’t know what to do Bianca”

 ”Now I know why you get dressed up every time I insist on dragging you in there. You little devil Buckton, you weren’t trying to find us fella’s at all! You’ve already got one!”

 ”As a pregnant singleton I’d rather not hear how happy my best friend is “ She grinned to show she was joking.

 ”Good luck. As charming as he is to me I don’t think he’ll react too good when he finds out his brother’s been sha...sleeping with a copper” she grinned. ”No offence”

 ”FOREVER” Both said in unison before bursting out into laughed. No matter how bad their lives were, they always had each other to rely on.

 “Oh my God, you’re serious?” She sounded shocked, as Charlie shrugged. “You’d give up your career for Brax?”

 “It sounds crazy but I love him and he gets on with Ruby. I just want that life where there’s that perfect family sitting on the TV all eating breakfast. It’s hard having a baby but it’s the best feeling in the world. Nothing can prepare you for the overwhelming emotions when you first hold your baby in your arms. To know that you made that person and you gave it life” Charlie wiped away a few tears away from her eyes. ”Having Ruby was the greatest thing that ever happened to me, even if she was the product of something so terrible. Just to know that I’m her mum and I’m someone that she looks up to”

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the comments. Hope you enjoy this chapter :) I've got both endings to fics figured out now so there shouldn't be that much to go I should think :) x

”Hey guys me and Charlie will go pick up the pizza while and you can go back to the house and pick a movie?” Bianca suggested as they reached the restaurant. April and Ruby shrugged in unison, smiling before leaving the two older women to talk. Bianca cheekily linked Charlie’s arm.

”Don’t say a word” Charlie warned her as they went up the stairs. Bianca pretended to be offended.

”Would I say anything?” she grinned before continuing. ”Actually don’t hold me to that”

Charlie smiled. ”Are you going to tell him about the baby”

”Yeah I’m just going to come right out with it. Hi Brax I’ll have a pizza and by the way I’m pregnant and there’s a good chance that it’s you’re brothers” Bianca rolled her eyes. ”I’ve hardly spoken to the guy, I think you or Heath should tell him”

”Hmm true” Charlie sighed as the pair reached the top of the stairs. Charlie could see Brax behind the bar. He glanced up, grinning at Charlie as she and Bianca made her way towards him.

”How have you managed to keep things a secret?” Bianca mumbled to her best-friend who seemed preoccupied in staring dreamily at Darryl Braxton.

”It’s too obvious you’ve been sleeping with each other”

”Oh shut up” Charlie mock punched her best friends arm. ”And remember what I said Bianca not a word”

”Yeah I heard you Buckton” Bianca winked as they came face to face with Brax.

”Evening ladies” Brax directed this to both but gazed on Charlie. Bianca let out a snort of laughter, resulting in both Brax and Charlie to turn to look at her.

”What?” Brax asked confused.

”You couldn’t make it any more obvious you were together if you tried” the smile on Bianca’s face widened.

”You told her?” Brax asked a surprised Charlie as he gently stroked her fingers with his.

”I was upset earlier so it just...came out I guess” Charlie shrugged, smiling dreamily up at her boyfriend as a worried look came across his face.

”I saw you rush out. I’m going to kill Roman”

”Wait how do you know him?” Charlie asked, confused.

”Erm, erm” Brax struggled to think of an answer.

”Brax?” Charlie widened her eyes. ”Tell me”

”He knows about us, he’s Tegan’s brother he’s got proof of us together and everything” Brax babbled.

”Tegan? Tegan as in your ex? As in Tegan Callaghan?”

”That would be correct” Brax nodded. ”And he’s not happy with me either. We weren’t exactly the best of friends”

”Why?”

”Do you really want to know?” Brax asked, remembering Charlie was a copper. Sighing, Charlie shook her head sadly.

”No I really don’t” she removed her hand from under his. ”Can we have the pizzas and we’ll talk tomorrow?”

”Yeah” Brax sighed handing Charlie over the boxes of pizza. ”Have a nice night girls”

-------------------------------------------------

”Dirty Dancing?” Charlie groaned as Ruby excitedly waved the dvd in her face. ”Really Rubes?”

”Mum it’s awesome”

”Did she just call you mum?” Bianca nudged Charlie who grinned with excitement.

”It’s a new thing we’re trying out” Charlie smiled as she tickled Ruby’s stomach.

”Mu-um” Ruby groaned, wriggling free of her mum’s grasp as she went to join April on the couch.

”Actually Ruby there’s something I need to tell you” Charlie began. ”And you too April before it all comes out”

”Charlie...” Bianca began to warn her but Charlie continued.

”Erm so I’ve met a guy recently”

”What!?!?” Ruby screeched excitedly. ”Omigosh who is he?” she grinned. April shushed her as Charlie went on.

”And it’s been going on for a few months”

”A few months? Mum why didn’t you tell me?” Ruby glared at her mum.

”Because it’s kinda complicated”

”When isn’t your life complicated” Ruby muttered but Charlie heard her. Deciding to ignore her daughters comment she continued with the conversation.

”I just wanted to tell those around me before it all got out so you’d be prepared” Charlie gazed at Bianca.

”Please tell us” Ruby smiled.

”Okay so the last couple of months” Charlie began. ”Rubes why don’t you sit down?”

”Why it can’t be that bad surely?” Ruby teased her mum but took her seat anyway. ”Okay I’m sitting down now out with it”

”For the last few months I’ve been seeing Brax” Charlie mumbled a little too quietly for Ruby and April to hear.

”What?” both girls replied in unison.

”She said she’s been seeing Brax” Bianca spoke a little louder as the realisation dawned on both the girls’ faces.

”YOU AND BRAX?” Ruby screeched although Charlie couldn’t tell if it was good or bad. ”But you’ve warned me from Casey but all the time you’ve been sleeping with his older brother”

”It wasn’t like that Rubes and I stopped warning you as soon as I realised that underneath their image, the Braxton guys are somewhat good. Even Heath” she winked at Bianca.

”Woah?” April interrupted. ”I thought Heath was in hospital?”

”I went to visit him and I told him about the baby” Bianca replied taking her sister’s hands into her own. ”And he said he’d support me no matter what I did”

”But what about Liam?” April sighed.

”The relationship’s dead” Bianca sadly sighed. ”There’s no point trying to fix something that’s been smashed into a thousand pieces”

”But you and Heath?” Ruby gasped. ”I can’t believe Heath would say something like that”

”I know it surprised me too, it’s just he was so lovely when I visited him in the hospital, it made me forget about Liam or the guy that did this”

”Which could be Heath?” April glared at Bianca.

”The DNA results cleared him” Charlie filled April in.

”So you’re back to square one”

”Looks that way. But I’m not going to rest until the guy is locked up for what he did to Bianca”

”Wait a minute. Does Heath know about you and Brax?” Ruby asked.

”No, no he doesn’t. But we’re going to have to tell him before someone else does”

”What do you mean by that? I know I’ve got a pretty big mouth but I wouldn’t do that mum...”

”Not you idiot. Roman, that’s why he’s back. He knows me, he knows Brax he knows about us and he’s threatened to tell everyone”

”What a jerk” April grimaced. ”But it’s still none of their business Charlie”

”I know it’s just with my job and his reputation it suddenly makes being together a whole lot harder” Charlie sighed. April nodded. Charlie turned to Ruby. ”You’re not mad at me are you?”

”No no no it was just shock when you told me who he was. I mean I’m just happy you’re no longer the sad old spinster cop” Ruby grinned as Charlie took her hands.

”Less of the sad, old and spinster missus otherwise I’ll tell Brax not to bother feeding you next time you and Casey go there to study”

”Yeah well Brax loves me”

”Yeah well he loves me more” Charlie grinned. ”And I’m going to talk to Brax and we’re going to tell Heath tomorrow” Charlie gulped as she thought of tomorrow.

”He’ll be angry but I’m sure he’ll calm down. Do you want me to come with you?” Bianca asked. ”I’ve got a free period and then an hour lunch so that’ll leave plenty of time”

”Yeah that’d be great” Charlie smiled at her best-friend warmly. ”Now are we going to watch this DVD or not?”

Ruby grinned as she pressed play on the dvd player. The four girls shifted into comfortable positions, with all of them many more questions to ask one another. But they sat in silence, no-one wanting to interrupt Ruby’s favourite film. But they did have to laugh, when Ruby started quoting her heroine Baby’s lines.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile Roman was sitting in the Diner a cup of coffee in his hand, the DVD in another. He’d already been talking to Colleen, Irene and Leah since Charlie ran out on him earlier. It wasn’t her fault, even though Roman called her Charlie Cling-On for her obsessive need to be around him when they were together. But when he visited Angelo’ Nic and George and Angelo heard about his plans to go back to summer bay to visit his sister, he’d surprised him with the DVD he’d packed for no obvious reason. As Roman watched the DVD he was shocked to realise that he knew both Charlie and Brax. Watching Brax’s smug smile only angered him even more. Part of Roman wished he’d break up with Charlie and go back to Tegan, if only for a little while to make her and Darcy happy. The other part wished he’d atleast stop messing her around. Darcy needed stability and there was no way she was getting that. Roman knew how important Charlie’s job was but his sister and niece came first. They always would.

At that moment Colleen came over and asked him if he wanted anything else. Roman shook his head and smiled politely but Colleen wasn’t taking too kindly by the fact he wasn’t eager to find out on the gossip that he’d missed.

”Actually I’m going to head off, speak soon Colleen” he rose and deliberately left the DVD on the table next to the empty cup of coffee. Colleen muttered something under her breath about ungraciousness as she began clearing the cups. She noticed the DVD and turned around to call Roman back. Colleen squinted her eyes to read the label on the DVD. EVIDENCE in big black capitals which made Colleen grin with glee. She picked the DVD up and slipped it into her apron, ready to watch after her shift...

That was sooooooooooooooooooo ACE !!!!, especially ......

 ”Don’t say a word” Charlie warned her as they went up the stairs. Bianca pretended to be offended.

”Would I say anything?” she grinned before continuing. ”Actually don’t hold me to that”

 Bianca mumbled to her best-friend who seemed preoccupied in staring dreamily at Darryl Braxton.

”It’s too obvious you’ve been sleeping with each other”

”Oh shut up” Charlie mock punched her best friends arm. ”And remember what I said Bianca not a word”

”Yeah I heard you Buckton” Bianca winked as they came face to face with Brax.

 ”That would be correct” Brax nodded. ”And he’s not happy with me either. We weren’t exactly the best of friends”

”Why?”

”Do you really want to know?” Brax asked, remembering Charlie was a copper. Sighing, Charlie shook her head sadly.

”No I really don’t”

 Dirty Dancing?” Charlie groaned as Ruby excitedly waved the dvd in her face. ”Really Rubes?”

”Mum it’s awesome”

”Did she just call you mum?” Bianca nudged Charlie who grinned with excitement.

”It’s a new thing we’re trying out” Charlie smiled as she tickled Ruby’s stomach.

”Mu-um” Ruby groaned, wriggling free of her mum’s grasp as she went to join April on the couch.

 ”Because it’s kinda complicated”

”When isn’t your life complicated” Ruby muttered but Charlie heard her.

 ”Rubes why don’t you sit down?”

”Why it can’t be that bad surely?” Ruby teased her mum but took her seat anyway. ”Okay I’m sitting down now out with it”

 ”What do you mean by that? I know I’ve got a pretty big mouth but I wouldn’t do that mum...”

 ”Less of the sad, old and spinster missus otherwise I’ll tell Brax not to bother feeding you next time you and Casey go there to study”

”Yeah well Brax loves me”

”Yeah well he loves me more” Charlie grinned.

 But they sat in silence, no-one wanting to interrupt Ruby’s favourite film. But they did have to laugh, when Ruby started quoting her heroine Baby’s lines.

 since Charlie ran out on him earlier. It wasn’t her fault, even though Roman called her Charlie Cling-On for her obsessive need to be around him when they were together.

 EVIDENCE in big black capitals which made Colleen grin with glee. She picked the DVD up and slipped it into her apron, ready to watch after her shift...

Archived