The Townhouse

Guest cadyctslover

so the Townhouse set must have gone for good? i don't think we've seen it since Aden left with his brother early last year, when we finally saw it used in an exterior scene.

i think, other than the Pier Diner it was the newest set, but it was also the least realistic and i'm glad they've dumped it. this is especially good when it makes room for fantastic sets like the new Surf Club.

what have been your least favourite sets over the years? mine would have to be the 2008 diner, looked like it was made from cardboard, all those horrible jarring colours and shutters. i'm so glad we have the new Pier Diner instead.

i don't really remember Donald's house. i was about 11 when i first watched the show, and it was during Marilyn's post-natal depression in 1999. i sort of remember where they were living by then, but not at all well enough to describe it. i've been watching the early years though, and Donald's first house looks a bit dodgy with the front doors looking very fake.

I think the first two pier Diner sets were really badly desinged (as were all the sets that appeared during 2005-9 to be fair) I actually had nostalgia for the Beachside diner during that time and I didn't like that one either!

The new surf club that appeared in 2010 was bad aswell, metallic with shock-colours and sparkling new. It just seemed like one of those places that would constantly smell like a paint shop. Luckily they changed it not long afterwards to the flaking paint/ wooden look, which I really like. It makes the place actually look as old as it is and the view out to the beach is especially nice. Angelo's still needs to go though.

In the early years, I was quite shocked at how set-like the original diner looked, but now I've either gotten used to it or they've made it look more authentic, I can't tell. Still love it for it's retro-sixties look though.

Oh and how could I forget the cop shop! An earthquake is almost a decade overdue for that place. It still reminds me of a chinese takeaway, doesn't help that it's home (and always has been) to some of the shows most poorly written and irritating characters.

The Pier Diner in 08 had to be the absolute worst but the 2010 one is the best. I have to agree with Andrew all the sets introduced during 05-09 looked like sets The Holden house, the townhouse, the diner/den. I think Fisher's house actually looked like the interior of a house assuming your talking about the 1988-92ish? house. I also have to say the Drop In Centre was the most realistic set apart from the tiny bathroom

I think Fisher's house actually looked like the interior of a house assuming your talking about the 1988-92ish? house. I also have to say the Drop In Centre was the most realistic set apart from the tiny bathroom

Fisher's house in 88-89 (as far as i've watched) looks pretty realistic, it's just the front doors which look a bit... Dynasty for a small coastal town.

It seems most of the sets that were designed during the 90's/80's were the most realistic. But the Farm House is one of the best of recent years, probably because it was modeled on the real interior.

yeah i love the farm house set, for a long time i thought they were filming inside the real location because the lighting was so natural. this was because after Martha moved in we didn't really see the interior until mid-late 2009, and they only showed it in a couple of episodes and then not again until later that year. i like that we regularly see the bedrooms in that set as well, i wish we saw the SBH bedrooms more often.

The Palace has to be one of the worst sets I've ever seen in H&A. As was the Den/Diner, can't believed that place lasted as long as it did.

Angelo's place looks better since they repainted it but Flynn's old surgery needs to magically disappear.

The new Surf Club, Diner & Farm House look fantastic.

I really liked the townhouse. It is sad to hear that they have dropped it..., but I actually thought they had. I haven't seen it on the pictures from 2010 since Aden left. It was like a real small town apartment. I still have it on my screen since we are two years back and I like the kitchen, and the bedrooms and the living room!! For me the beach house, Irenes house and so on don't mean more just because they have been on for years, they don't look more realistic than for example the townhouse!!! But the beachside diner was the best. The new diner from 2010 is really dreadful. Its too small and messy, even I have seen on pictures and small clips that they have brightened it up a bit in 2011. I feel the same with the surf club, seems like it has become better than in 2010 but still awful. Noahs bar was better and the version of the surf club around Sutherlands time was the best!

I actually liked the Den better than the diner today, well the last version of the Diner Den.. after Leah moved the Den into the diner. It was far better than the new diner!!! It was bigger, and it was easier to look at several tables at the same time, which gave us a better community feeling... They could focus on some character and then move the camera to focus on others. It was the same with the beachside diner.... I actually like Angelos bar better from what I have seen of it, just because it is bigger and and its easier to focus on more people at the same time. But still it is not neccessary to have both, the bar and the diner.

I don't think that most of the changes they did in the storylines and sets in 2010 were any good. The revamp went too far. Especially when it comes to the set changes... because they destroyed the small community feeling.

I think they should bring the townhouse back, get rid of the new diner, get rid of Angelos bar and get rid of the new surf club. The sets used in 2007-2009 were far better!!

Archived