The Townhouse

Guest cadyctslover

I like the Townhouse too. I think it was a great house. I also liked Liam's house too.

yeah, Liam's house looked really realistic. but then it was a real house :lol: .

I really liked the townhouse. It is sad to hear that they have dropped it..., but I actually thought they had. I haven't seen it on the pictures from 2010 since Aden left. It was like a real small town apartment. I still have it on my screen since we are two years back and I like the kitchen, and the bedrooms and the living room!! For me the beach house, Irenes house and so on don't mean more just because they have been on for years, they don't look more realistic than for example the townhouse!!! But the beachside diner was the best. The new diner from 2010 is really dreadful. Its too small and messy, even I have seen on pictures and small clips that they have brightened it up a bit in 2011. I feel the same with the surf club, seems like it has become better than in 2010 but still awful. Noahs bar was better and the version of the surf club around Sutherlands time was the best!

I actually liked the Den better than the diner today, well the last version of the Diner Den.. after Leah moved the Den into the diner. It was far better than the new diner!!! It was bigger, and it was easier to look at several tables at the same time, which gave us a better community feeling... They could focus on some character and then move the camera to focus on others. It was the same with the beachside diner.... I actually like Angelos bar better from what I have seen of it, just because it is bigger and and its easier to focus on more people at the same time. But still it is not neccessary to have both, the bar and the diner.

I don't think that most of the changes they did in the storylines and sets in 2010 were any good. The revamp went too far. Especially when it comes to the set changes... because they destroyed the small community feeling.

I think they should bring the townhouse back, get rid of the new diner, get rid of Angelos bar and get rid of the new surf club. The sets used in 2007-2009 were far better!!

no disrespect to your opinion but i totally disagree. i prefer the sets to look like real places rather than to look as easy to film in as possible!

and if anything the sets have been made to look darker in 2011.

I liked the Townhouse as the set was realistic and modelled just like the real location (well from the outside anyway). I haven't seen the inside of the place though so I can't comment about the exact placings of each room.

Photographing it from the outside though gave me a real feel for the location and it is located a stone's throw away from the beach. In real life it's a gorgeous location and I'd like to see the Townhouse utilised again. There's plenty of scope for its use, maybe not now but probably in the future. I think that it would be a good rental house for students to use - close to transport, the beach and a great set up.

Archived