Do you think that HAA should bring a character back from the dead?

Guest matty

I wouldn't count Peter, as his "death" was always written with the intention of bringing him back. In fact it was done for that very reason - for the shock reveal.

Wheras this topic is about characters who have been killed off properly.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

H&A has dabbled in this way too much for my liking. We've had the ghosts of Bobby, Noah, Tom and Ken. Ailsa came back as an evil hallucination. Zoe, Peter and Vinnie were all revealed to be alive after their deaths.

Who can forget Saul Bennett's return from the dead, along with the brilliantly conceived "That body wasn't me, I somehow got out of a burning building even though there was no way I could have done so (a) without being seen and (b) at all and the body was...someone, not really sure who" explanation? (And he was another one who still turned up again despite being dead.For real this time.)

Steven's been back quite a bit since his umpteenth departure so it is conceivable we'd see him again, although I doubt they'd bring him back just so they could bring Dodge back.

Who can forget Saul Bennett's return from the dead, along with the brilliantly conceived "That body wasn't me, I somehow got out of a burning building even though there was no way I could have done so (a) without being seen and (b) at all and the body was...someone, not really sure who" explanation? (And he was another one who still turned up again despite being dead.For real this time.)

Steven's been back quite a bit since his umpteenth departure so it is conceivable we'd see him again, although I doubt they'd bring him back just so they could bring Dodge back.

Yeah true, I forgot about that too. As for Steven, yeah, he may very well come back at some point, but I doubt that he'd be regular, just like Pippa/Fisher/Celia, the only other characters to do with the Dodge storyline. The chances of Stacey returning are next to nothing. I think that Bobby really should come back. If Nicolle doesn't want to return, they could just recast.

I wouldn't be pleased about a recasting of Bobby at all. There are some characters you can get away with recasting Imo, Bobby isn't one of them. If they brought back Bobby (and the only way Imo would be for Nicole Dickson to return) I'm sure it would be the ultimate 'jumping the shark' moment for H&A. Bobby is one of my all times favorites and I would love to see her back, but she is dead - the writers would have a LOT of work on their hands if they ventured down that route. They cant even keep characters like Irene consistent and written well so I wouldn't have a lot of faith in them writing a a sold and believable storyline about Bobby never really being dead.

As much as I would love to see Bobby return from the dead,I doubt it will happen.Unlike the US soaps where nearly every person who dies ends up really being alive,H&A has always kept people dead who were seen to have been killed onscreen.I am not opposed to any back from the dead story.I would be so happy if it really did happen,but the show needs better writers to be able to pull it off.I would only want Bobby back if it's Nicolle in the role.Otherwise,keep her dead because Bobby is one character who should never be recast.

I would love for Bobby to come back, played by Nicolle Dickson, as she was always my favourite character. There could be some great potential in storylines with Morag and Roo. But I don't see how she can. She died. I cried buckets when she died. It was one of those soap deaths which really upset me (mostly I'm not bothered by them!) And in some ways I would hate to see all that emotion trivialised by a witness protection/wrong identity type story.

I remember the 2002 season finale and trying to work out whether there was any way that Ailsa could be alive.

I think you either need the story to have been written loosely when the character was killed off and there have been a bona fide reason for them to have to leave by faking their own death (and their death needs to be realistic as well, you don't put people into witness protection by firing them out a boat at 50mph.

Archived