Do you think that HAA should bring a character back from the dead?

Guest matty

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to hear a resolution about what happened to Dodge. I don't think that bringing him back would work unless Steve, Fisher or Pippa was there, either, but then again, maybe they could find a way.

Why are people so against a recasting of Bobby?

I would like to hear a resolution about what happened to Dodge. I don't think that bringing him back would work unless Steve, Fisher or Pippa was there, either, but then again, maybe they could find a way.

Bobby is so iconic, I fear the character would be ruined.

I kind of like the fact that some stories are unresolved or have ambiguous ending. The fact that Dodge may or may not have died, yet we never find out. The fact that Belle hastened Flynn's death, yet it appears she never told anyone about what happened.

Life is like that. Sometimes things happens and you never find out what really happened. Sometimes someone is murdered and we never find out the killer. Sometimes someone goes missing and they are never found. What I am slightly against is TV series writing the final episodes with too much ambiguity.

I know there's probably guidelines, but it does get kind of repetitive when you know that that person who commited the murder will eventually get caught. I mean, we've had miscarriages of justice whenever an actor or an actress wants a fortnights holiday many times. Since they are good, it's almost as if they can't have this done to them. Why not write a character out with a 20 year sentence for a crime they did not commit?

Why not write a character out with a 20 year sentence for a crime they did not commit?

I completely agree. Being kidnapped is also a dramatic exit for a character, which leaves the door open for a return, but will always be remembered by fans as a shocking exit. As far as I know it's never happened.

I have read about an EastEnders character (one of the original characters I think) who was committed to a mental home after losing her baby, and was last seen screaming manically in a cell, and she never returned to the show. What an iconic final scene! Much better than driving past the "you are now leaving Summer Bay" sign! (Although those kind of exits are also important).

When they were repeated 4 years ago (!) on Five, I actually thought that it would have been interesting had they stopped the search believing that only Ailsa, Duncan and Jade were in the house and just left Shauna to die in the mudslide. Of course, the fact that Kylie Watson had another year on her contract probably put paid to this and it was only a couple months after the brilliant death of Ken.

I know we're merely meddling about in some realms of fan fiction here and anyone can come up with one brilliant story, building a show is a different matter, but I think in recent years, and we're veering well of the timescale here, the most recent departures have been disappointing, with a large number either feeling rushed or crowbarred into the plot.

Bobby is so iconic, I fear the character would be ruined.

I agree with that.I would never want Bobby to be recast.She is dead anyway.We saw her die on screen.As much as I love the character I would rather her stay dead than risk having some awful recast.

• 2 months later...

Maybe Nicolle could come back, but I don't think she could play Bobby again. Maybe a new character.

+ they did bring back Simon Kay as a new character after his fist one, Alan Fisher had died.

He was in for a couple of episodes yeards later.

the idea of an comeback from the dead isn't that bad. and it works on Days of Our Lives ( 2006: Steve returns after an explosion in 1990 and everyone thought he was dead. but he had amnesia)

we can curently make an amnesia story with Alf or Roo or maybe one of the Walker-Clan an anyone think,the person is dead. that would rock and work^^

Archived