Do you think that HAA should bring a character back from the dead?

Guest matty

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It entirely depends on who it was. Imo they cant bring back people from the dead who we actually saw dead on screen or it was confirmed they were dead i.e their body was found. If Bobby for example were washed out to sea and just presumed dead then yes I'm sure they would have brought her back years ago (if Nicolle Dickson wanted too that is).

Bobby could totally come back. Witness protection? Greg screaming, "how can she be dead if she's still breathing?" or words to that effect, I'd love Bobby to return and think its very plausible considering what we saw on screen.

It's simply not possible for Bobby to have survived after being in a coma for a week then her life support system being switched off.

I don't think anyone was suggesting she survived being in a coma and life support being switched off. They were suggesting it was faked (for example, a drug induced coma and life support unnecessary). But personally I wouldn't be convinced easily even if they did come up with a plausible reason why she'd fake her death.

Having said that, if they did come up with something believable - I'd love to see Bobby and Morag together again!

They could have got them together to tie in with the current Nicole storyline in Australa at the moment and what to do with her kid. With Nicole wondering whether or not to give her away and with Roo around as well, we could have had some bizarre Morag dream where she imagines what life would have been like had she not given Bobby away.

In general...well, they have brought characters back from the dead in the past.And they have brought back characters who were still dead(Ailsa, Ken, Tom).It would all depend on the circumstances.Suddenly saying "Oh yeah, Bobby's death was faked, she's been in witness protection for the past eighteen years"(why?!)would stretch credibility a bit too far, although a dream sequence or some such would work.Dodge would work since they never found the body, although it's possibly a bit late in the day to do that since there aren't many people left who knew him.

I like the idea of Dodge, because it would resolve the whole "Did he or didn't he die"? thing. However, the character would only work if Pippa, Steven or Fisher were still on the show, and to a smaller degree Celia or Stacey. I doubt that any of them are going to come back on a permanent basis, if at all. I am sure that we'll see Pippa and Fisher again, but not on a regular basis. I doubt that we'll ever see the other three, especially Stacey. The only present day characters that would even know Dodge personally are Alf and Irene.

Bobby, however, would blend in perfectly. There could be great scenes with her, Morag, Alf, Coleen, Marilyn and Roo, just like old times. I forgot that there have been two characters to come back from the dead in Peter and Zoe, but they were never classic characters, like Bobby.

You can't count Bobby, Ailsa and Tom, because the first two were hallucinations, and the third when Sally was in limbo.

Archived