Glee UK speed

Guest Miranda

Then I should have been arrested a long time ago :wink:.

I feel so happy when I see people have come around the Blaine, and invariably Kurt/Blaine. Blaine was originally presented as this 'Knight In Shining Armour' for Kurt, with all this dispensible advice and COURAGE, but as you begin to peel back the layers you see he's had his own troubles (with his dad and his previous school) and he's been rejected, and felt confused, and Kurt was the one constant he had. I don't think Blaine has ever had a friend like Kurt, where they could just be completely honest with each other. And then, it slowly dawns on him, as he sings, like he's seeing Kurt for the first time -- and it's love.

[sorry, Jen has a lot of ~feelings :P]

Zetti feels the same :lol: I never thought I would ship a couple as much as I do these two! :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't hurt me because of my unpopular opinion mmmkay?

*deep breath*

I feel Blaine and Kurt have thrown off the balance of season 2 Glee. Considering the show was supposed to have no real lead character I feel it has fallen into a trap. Season 1 had the same problem with Rachel & Finn but that wasn't so bad because both were main characters. Though I felt for Kurt when he was being bullied I find that the character has morphed into a more simplistic character and it is for the worst. When we first see him in S1 he was sweet & kind to those who were nice to him but as the season progressed and S2 started he became bitchy and really slimy (he behaviour towards Finn was very hard to watch). I find Blaine and the Warblers a little off putting but I loved him sticking up for bisexuals.

I want sweet Kurt back, not bitchy Kurt!

And give Blaine more to do than sing cheesy songs & be with Kurt.

I can't fault the actors but I can fault the writers/producers. I am right when I say Glee is written by the guy who did Nip/Tuck? If so then he pulled the same **** with that show as well. Had so much promise in the season 1 but became very... OTT after.

But I still watch Glee because I love Bieste & Puck/Lauren.

Funny, I thought that season 2 is better than 1 cos we get to know the characters better. There are also more songs each episode, which I like.

I think Kurt's gone in an arc. He was sweet then bitchy but getting back to sweet now. I like Blaine better now cos he's shown he's fallible with that classic mistake of singing to that guy in Gap which fell completely flat :lol: Before I thought he was too smug and all knowing.

I agree that the Warblers are awful though. They are weird: obviously young men but who still sing in school uniform :blink: They are rather like an oppressive regime: everyone must toe their line or else :o

I thought yesterdays ep was a bit boring, but I know its gearing up for the 90 minute one next week :)

I prefer season 2 to season 1 also because we get to see more new characters and Puck seems to be more involved.

Yesterday's episode was quite boring but next week will be better tho :)

*deep breath*

I feel Blaine and Kurt have thrown off the balance of season 2 Glee. Considering the show was supposed to have no real lead character I feel it has fallen into a trap. Season 1 had the same problem with Rachel & Finn but that wasn't so bad because both were main characters. Though I felt for Kurt when he was being bullied I find that the character has morphed into a more simplistic character and it is for the worst. When we first see him in S1 he was sweet & kind to those who were nice to him but as the season progressed and S2 started he became bitchy and really slimy (he behaviour towards Finn was very hard to watch). I find Blaine and the Warblers a little off putting but I loved him sticking up for bisexuals.

I can't fault the actors but I can fault the writers/producers. I am right when I say Glee is written by the guy who did Nip/Tuck? If so then he pulled the same **** with that show as well. Had so much promise in the season 1 but became very... OTT after.

Ryan Murphy has turned it into the Kurt show. He said somewhere that Kurt is him in highschool so it really doesn't surprise me that Kurt has gotten a lot more screen time.

Yes, RM wrote Nip/Tuck. He also created Popular which had a lot of promise but also went downhill very quickly after S1.

I feel like this season characters take one step forward but then next episode they take 100 backwards.

*deep breath*

For me, Kurt is my favourite character, so while yes The Kurt Show may be in full swing (I totally recognise that he has got a lot of attention this season), I honestly can't get enough. It's always fascinating to me reading other people's opinions, who aren't as Kurt-and-Blaine-obsessed as me. I sometimes wonder how the show appears to those who aren't as emotionally invested in these characters as me :P.

But for me, I never saw Kurt as sweet. Yes, early in Season 1 he looked like an eleven year old milk maid, but he was never sweet and innocent. He was always witty and sarcastic and manipulative, because he has been on the bottom of the high school pyramid for so long (with slushie facials and dumpster tosses) that he honestly doesn't care. He's going to latch on to whoever is nice to him, see: Finn, and do whatever it takes to get some recognition for that. He opening admitted to having a crush on Finn, and then manipulating Rachel so Finn would reject her, and leave him for Kurt. If anything his time at Dalton did show him what it meant to be 'part of the team'.

The Rumours episode really does show that.

He doesn't scream for solos, he wants to share the spotlight. He recognises the talent in others, and wants the best for the group. He also wants to win, which isn't a bad thing.

But like I said, I adore Kurt, and will defend him til the end. With his fierceness and sarcasm, I think he's the greatest, but I also think Season 3 will be a bit lighter on the Kurt-side of things. Just because it seems the characters have their time in the spotlight and then it moves on. The Quinn/Finn/Rachel/Puck babygate was Season 1, Kurt/Karofsky is Season 2. Season 3 ... who knows?

Can I just check, are the UK up to 'Born This Way'? Because I think you are now at the same pace as Australia, which hasn't happened for a while.

Can I just check, are the UK up to 'Born This Way'? Because I think you are now at the same pace as Australia, which hasn't happened for a while.

Born This Way airs tonight at 9pm :) Cant wait! :)

Me neither! I just hope the threatened electricity cut won't happen then!! Can I watch it online if so?

Me neither! I just hope the threatened electricity cut won't happen then!! Can I watch it online if so?

You should be able to. I am sure that Jen can get you the episode if not :lol:

I hope you can watch it :)

Archived