Ray Meagher Linked To Facebook Rape Row

Guest Mishyy

I still dont agree and dont think anyone should make funny remarks, jokes or anything of the sort about rape, sexual abuse or any sort of abuse for that matter... its not something that should be joked about and if people start doing it, no wonder so many rape victims or sexual abuse victims feel they cant come forward and say anything... because apparently people think this kind of thing is 'funny'

I dont at all find it funny and those who think it is need some serious help in my opinion... rape is not something... not even the victims want to talk about let alone be taunted or laughed at...

I'm sorry... but thats not at all funny, not even a little <_<

But that's your opinion on what's acceptable (I'm not saying I don't find it unacceptable as well), but I could add, oh, 2006 US Open, as something I don't find particularly funny. Should I campaign Dan to blacklist all all jokes about that on this forum as well?

What? ummmm... I didn't mention anything about Dan and blacklisting... you find certain things funny and so do I... but this is nothing to joke about, in any sense at all... if those people had any sense!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was more an aside point about how we all have specifics that we don't find funny, and whilst I'm guessing there's certain things that are specifically banned because they're not wanted here (probably like jokes on rape) because it is a private board and so some control over what can be discussed can be maintained, we've all got things that others might find funny that are very painful to someone else.

But I disagree that there's nothing sacred that shouldn't be joked about, otherwise we'd end up with nothing to joke about.

I remember a few years ago posting my not complimentary views on Glasgow (it's a city on Scotland) and a member of the forum from Glasgow wanted me to apologise or otherwise I should step down from my role as a contributor as I was obviously prejudiced against Glaswegians. We seem to be generally moving closer and closer to a society that bans any view that might anyone.

I agree in that I didn't find it particularly funny, I'm in disagreement that you shouldn't be allowed to joke about it.

Tbh, I think its quite funny. Its blatantly just a joke, and its really annoying when people like all of you go over the top on things like this - just because he's in Home and Away. Whoever can *genuinely* say is offended by this needs to chill out a bit - its just a joke, like the billion other facebook groups on there. If you dont like it, dont join. end of.

But if they make comments like "I DON"T EVEN WATCH THE **** SHOW ON TV", isn't that a sign of a contemptuous attitude to our favourite TV program? because over the years I have found that people being a soapie fan as being a bad thing somehow, and you are made into a laughing stock.

That was more an aside point about how we all have specifics that we don't find funny, and whilst I'm guessing there's certain things that are specifically banned because they're not wanted here (probably like jokes on rape) because it is a private board and so some control over what can be discussed can be maintained, we've all got things that others might find funny that are very painful to someone else.

But I disagree that there's nothing sacred that shouldn't be joked about, otherwise we'd end up with nothing to joke about.

I remember a few years ago posting my not complimentary views on Glasgow (it's a city on Scotland) and a member of the forum from Glasgow wanted me to apologise or otherwise I should step down from my role as a contributor as I was obviously prejudiced against Glaswegians. We seem to be generally moving closer and closer to a society that bans any view that might anyone.

I agree in that I didn't find it particularly funny, I'm in disagreement that you shouldn't be allowed to joke about it.

I disagree with you. To make jokes about such things as Sexual Abuse, Sexual Assault and Rape is in itself abusive. Do these individuals not realise that it devalues them as a person and people as a whole? Do they not have the intelligence to come up with something "funny" without resorting to something designed to shock? And quite frankly the very last thing anyone who has been through that experience wants are people making fun of it. Making it seem like a trivial thing when in actuality it is the worst experience anyone can go through.

Yeah, maybe they should be allowed to make a joke about Rape. But maybe you should stop and think about what society has become to allow something like this to be deemed as funny or even acceptable.

I agree with Marigoldly.

I think certain subjects are so awful and serious they shouldn't be joked about.

Why on earth do people want to joke about horrible things like rape, sexual assault anyway? Why is it funny? How far do we go before we say 'hang on, isn't this going too far'?

Perhaps people make jokes to reassure themselves that its okay. It won't happen to them, its really not that serious, its just something to joke about :o:o

Archived