Ray Meagher Linked To Facebook Rape Row

Guest Mishyy

A FACEBOOK page promoting rape and smearing Gold Logie winner Ray Meagher has been condemned as a "horrendous" insult to sexual assault victims.

A fan page titled "Alf Stewart Rape Dungeon" has gone viral on the social networking website, with almost 9500 becoming fans since the page was created earlier this month.

The page contains images of Home and Away character Alf Stewart, played by Meagher, giving rape dungeons the seal of approval.

The fan page contains links to several YouTube clips of Stewart with an overdubbed voice threatening to rape other Home and Away cast members.

Meagher's Logie acceptance speech, which has been viewed more than 125,000 times, received special attention, with the dubbed voice having Meagher issue a stream of coarse expletives and thanking "the people on Facebook who have made fan pages for my rape dungeon".

The clip was uploaded by the user "Doodleburger", who describes himself as a "sh*thouse amateur comedian" aged 25 from Melbourne.

NSW Rape Crisis Centre manager Karen Willis said there was "nothing funny about sexual assault".

"To have rape made light of or justified or promoted as an OK thing to do is just a horrendous insult to injury for sexual assault victims," Ms Williams said.

"The impact of sexual assault on victims is immediate and long lasting."

Facebook and Channel 7 did not respond to requests for comment before mX went to print.

Source

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is absolutely DISGUSTING! how anyone can laugh and say that rape or any kind of sexual abuse is funny is terrible.... I just looked at the page... and its absolutely filthy and disgusting and I have reported it! being a victim of sexual abuse myself makes me even more wild that anyone can find this sort of stuff amusing!

this is absolutely DISGUSTING! how anyone can laugh and say that rape or any kind of sexual abuse is funny is terrible.... I just looked at the page... and its absolutely filthy and disgusting and I have reported it! being a victim of sexual abuse myself makes me even more wild that anyone can find this sort of stuff amusing!

I too have reported it, it is utterly disgusting! I'm sick of people writing "oh can't you take a joke" This is no joke, nothing about Rape/Sexual Abuse is...

This story is scary because I uploaded some of the original footage before it was edited and went viral with the dubbed sound!! I notice they have been removed due to a copyright claim by the Seven Network but I am thankful to report I am still safe and my videos are still there.

That man is sick. :angry: And there are people who became fans? :huh: I'm sorry but there is nothing funny about rapes or sexual assaults. There are some subjects you shouldn't joke about. <_<

And using Ray to promote that kind of stuff is disgusting. <_<

Archived