Unfamiliar (by Taniya_K) - comments

monkeysmoke

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gotten behind on my reviewing once again. Sometimes I'm just way to lazy. Anyway the last three chapters have been quite good.

I'm liking Justin's scenes with Aden. Good to see them spending time with each other. The talk about the money was really good. I'm glad that Justin seems determined to stand on his own two feet and rather Aden kept the money for his future. Kinda sweet of him.

Mattie making an appearance is always a great thing. The girl never dissappoints when it comes to being extremely entertaining. I only wish she was written like this on the show. Her excitement over everything is really cute. Also loved her wanting to throw a brick at Justin. Violent Mattie is just as good. If it wasn't for Ric I would be totally shipping Justin/Mattie.

Belle's scene with Justin still did nothing for me. And I had no clue why. I mean she was trying to be funny, and she was being nice enough but there was still something about her that I didn't like. But then I realised why(while watching an older episode yesterday), she seems to have developed some Rachel-like qualities. Thats what it is. She's very patronizing when she talks to him. And I don't think it's her intention but thats how she comes of. She talks to him like he is a child and not in funny way but an annoying way. But there was something that made me laugh in their scene together. When he said he always knew she was fiesty. Seriously, when has she ever been fiesty around him. It's was always(in the beginning) self righteous, arrogant, rude, demanding, and irritating (when she was "trying to protect Aden" :rolleyes: ) or on her good days stuck up, uptight, and a pain(before their last scene together). I think Belle as officially lost her spark somewhere in this story. Even when she's being funny and lighthearted I still feel bored with her. Right now she still manages to be fun when around Mattie(trying to handle Mattie's excitement), and certain scenes with Aden are still really good. But those scenes were she manages to actually keep my interest are slowly getting to be few and far between.

Justin as well seems to have lost his spark. Which is sad. What happened to the Justin we first saw? And during certain times afterwards. He was a big flirt but was still smart, determined, stood up for himself, and didn't need anyones approval(least of all Belle's). Even when he was trying to get Aden to talk to him he was still himself. But in that scene with Belle it seemed like he wanted her approval way too much. I know she's Aden's wife but still. He doesn't seem to have much respect for himself around her anymore as well, like in that first scene. He was a huge flirt, carefree, and fun but also a determined and strongwilled guy. Now he just seems like a joke to be honest. And he lets Belle(and even Aden sometimes) treat and talk to him like he is nothing but a joke. And they do, especially Belle. I prefered how he used to be.

Aden and Belle have become like an old married couple. Well they don't act like one but they just feel like one. Okay I'm not even sure if that made sense. But in my head it did. They aren't as exciting anymore. I prefer Aden/Justin and Belle/Mattie scenes over Aden/Belle scenes right now. Drew and Amanda need to make appearance. They'll add some much needed excitement. But I guess after two sequels and 100+ chapters altogether it's hard to keep the main characters fresh and exciting. But you're still doing a good enough job. And the storylines are still good. Just the characters(Aden and Belle mostly) seem abit dull and I'm finding them to be far less exciting to read about right now.

And this is probably the part where you are wishing I had just chose not to review at all. :P But even if I am not feeling very enthuisiastic about the characters at the moment I still find you to be an awesome writer(I would hope you know that by now). The writing in each chapter are far better then most on this site. It's just the main characters aren't holding my interest much at the moment. But knowing me that will probably change in no time. I'm been constantly changing my opinions on the characters throughout your fics.

Please update soon.

:D:D That was so good!

Seriously, i didn't think it dragged at all

I loved Drew as per!! you write him so well, and the end with Mattie and Ric was soooooo good! It makes me miss the old group of teens! haha

It was so lighthearted and chilled, just what i needed! lol

Brill as always hun, cannot wait to read more......