Boat People!

Guest JusticeMoragBellingham

I was at work today and two other people that work there were talking to each other in another language.I swear i almost said something really nasty.Like i said before,that's my main problem with all of this.Don't come here and refuse to speak the language in public.It's rude.I know they can both speak english to which made me wonder what the hell they were saying even more.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He might agree with you but I dont!

Yes the K Rudd government is too soft. We are not living in an ideal world where we can all live in harmony and help each other out with the money tree from our back garden! The only reason all these so called "refugees" head to Australia is because of the freebies we provide. If they are Muslim one would think they would be more at home in Indonesia rather than coming to Australia but of course Indonesia does not have the welfare system in place that Australia does. I am one of the tax payers continually paying out for all the "warm, do good bleeding hearts" and am fed up with it. It's time for tough measures, It's been said time and again we should learn from the mistakes other countries have made by allowing an influx of refugees in!

Is it that bad? I thought there was enough place in Australia.

are you worried that they're gonna take the tax money because trust me government is the one that's putting it in their pocket it's everywhere like that there's no way less asylum seekers is gonna solve that!

He might agree with you but I dont!

Yes the K Rudd government is too soft. We are not living in an ideal world where we can all live in harmony and help each other out with the money tree from our back garden! The only reason all these so called "refugees" head to Australia is because of the freebies we provide. If they are Muslim one would think they would be more at home in Indonesia rather than coming to Australia but of course Indonesia does not have the welfare system in place that Australia does. I am one of the tax payers continually paying out for all the "warm, do good bleeding hearts" and am fed up with it. It's time for tough measures, It's been said time and again we should learn from the mistakes other countries have made by allowing an influx of refugees in!

my thoughts exactly.

Stupid Krudd is giving houses to these people while there are Australians genuienly in need of housing being forced to wait years for public/commision housing.

Its only Australia that is over populated not the world!

It's not like there are no other countries between where they are leaving and Australia that they could escape to. I'm all for people being safe and having the right to say what they feel but for freaks sake - enough already. They come here coz we are a soft touch and they know that they can live the next 30, 40, 80 years on our welfare system, get a free education for their kids and basically get a free ride while trying to convert this amazing country to the hell holes they have left behind in their own countrys.

^^ Actually Australia has one of the worlds lowest population densities, so definitely not over populated.

Australia is one of the hardest countries to get into in the developed world. Compared to the UK, Australia is certainly no 'soft touch.' We let in more immigrants than anywhere else in the world.

I understand why it angers people but at the end of the day, i think if people are genuinly seeking asylum we should do all we can to help them. But then of course, in return, anyone coming into a new country has to respect and adapt to the culture and language.

Clearly you don't either with statements like that. Maybe you should do a little research into that.

And living in the UK, i do have some idea of our immigration system.

If every one is so concerned, then why not lobby your country government to take the refugees.? Why does Australia have to put up with this? They come here, they are given government housing,jobs. Social security benefits straight away. We here in Australia have to wait sometimes weeks even months to get onto benefits if we loose our jobs. We have to live on our savings until that is all gone. Our hospitals and schools are stretched to there limits.

What diseases are these people bringing into this country? How many have criminal records? Once here they don't want to live our way. They don't respect our laws. They don't want to learn our language.

Clearly you don't either with statements like that. Maybe you should do a little research into that.

And living in the UK, i do have some idea of our immigration system.

If every one is so concerned, then why not lobby your country government to take the refugees.? Why does Australia have to put up with this? They come here, they are given government housing,jobs. Social security benefits straight away. We here in Australia have to wait sometimes weeks even months to get onto benefits if we loose our jobs. We have to live on our savings until that is all gone. Our hospitals and schools are stretched to there limits.

What diseases are these people bringing into this country? How many have criminal records? Once here they don't want to live our way. They don't respect our laws. They don't want to learn our language.

You say it as if its only happening in Australia! Its the same in a lot of places actually. Like Kirsty has stated Australia isn't an easy country to get into and I would not call them a "soft touch" where immigration is concerned.

JusticeMoragBellingham to say that Australia is overpopulated is a joke. You say it like theres no room for anybody else because the countrys so small!

Australias got a population of over 21 million with 7,617,930 SQ KM

The UK has got over 61 million with 244,820 SQ KM

Australia is huge!

I do understand how you feel though because we have a LOT of immigrants here in Ireland as well that consume all the governments money, and get everything for free and us we get barely anything from our OWN government because there too busy looking after all the 'foreigners'. I am unemployed and I only get 66 euro per week! That is very bad compared to every other person that recieves benefits. Me, an Irish citizen is getting half of what I should get yet I know of 2 people who came from England a year ago that get 205 euro per week and also a family that live on my road get the same and they came from a country in the middle east not so long ago either.

I do think they should learn our language but thats not really easy is it to come to a foreign country (to them at least) as an adult and try and pick up the English language.

The UK and Ireland are the softest of all soft touches when it comes to immigrants coming to our countries.

In Australia you need a visa , otherwise you aren't allowed in the country. I know of people who went to Australia and their visa expired so they we're deported.

Archived