Boat People!

Guest JusticeMoragBellingham

^ Not to mention completely ignorant and downright rude.

While I don't think it's right that they could possibly be getting more than citizens of Australia, they are just entitled to a happy, terror-free life, and for them to pay thousands of dollars (which is a hell of a lot for them, with poverty etc.) and potentially risk their lives, it shows they lead very sad, terrifying lives. They're just as entitled to freedom as we are.

And yes, I DO live in Australia.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was in Brisbane's paper the Courier Mail that the refugees that come into our country are given by our own government,

$57,000.00 dollars per year to live on. That is more than most low to middle income workers earn in a year. So how can that be fare?

I agree with you it stinks and is unfair!

Oh well you are just gona have to get used to i then aren't you. Because they aint anything you can do about it.

Maybe in the next life you may be born into some tiny squat with all your family in some hugely populated slums in some foreign country so you will know what its like, and when you try move to another country I hope they well and truly tell you to get lost because I know thats what I would tell you. Such narrowmindedness and ignorance in this world, I don't understand it.

^ Not to mention completely ignorant and downright rude.

While I don't think it's right that they could possibly be getting more than citizens of Australia, they are just entitled to a happy, terror-free life, and for them to pay thousands of dollars (which is a hell of a lot for them, with poverty etc.) and potentially risk their lives, it shows they lead very sad, terrifying lives. They're just as entitled to freedom as we are.

And yes, I DO live in Australia.

Exactly!!

TRUE FACTS......

DID YOU KNOW THAT......

If you cross the Korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labour

If you cross the Afghan border illegally you get shot

If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you will be jailed

If you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again

If you cross the Venez...uelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed

If you cross the Cuban border illegally you will be thrown into polictal prison to rot

HOWEVER,

If you cross the Australian border illegally you get a job, a drivers license, a social sercurity card, wefare benefits, credit cards, subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house, free education, free health care, a lobbyist in canberra and in many instances you can vote. Its not a joke.

Its already been proven that some of the refugees in christmas island detention center have links to terrorists over seas.

Frightening but bloody true.

I say send them and their Allah home. I dont feel sorry for them.

I am not happy to let suspected former terrorist combatants into Australia jeopardising the safety of our society here. It was only a few months ago, they broke into a house in Westmead and tried to kill two innocent Sri Lankan students in sleep simply because the victims were of Sinhalese ethnicity they dont praise the Tamils God Allah. Apart from the criminals involved in this incident, more Tamils have faced prosecution in Melbourne for fundraising for the LTTE, a terrorist group banned in 32 countries. misled Australians will continue to welcome bogus Tamil refugees who have come here after paying thousands of dollars to people smugglers (also run by the LTTE), thereby robbing the places we have here for genuine refugees from all over the world. Enough said.

Exactly!!

Are you unable to express your own opinion?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that illegal border crossing is acceptable, but we have to look at the reasons as to why people are driven to take such a huge risk.

You do realise that all the countries you listed, bar Australia, are developing ones with very questionable human rights. I hope you're not seriously suggesting that developed nations should start giving out the same punishments. No one is saying that terrorists should be allowed to stay in Australia but you don't seem to understand that those 'terrorists' are the minority.

Perhaps you don't realise how lucky you are to live in a country that offers democrary (to an extent), free education, health care etc. All the things you take for granted, such as turning on a tap and having water come out, having food in the fridge etc are things millions of people live without. I fail to see what's wrong with trying to get a better life for yourself and your children. And it disgusts me that people like you think it's wrong.

I beg you to start reading your newspaper and watching the news and perhpas you'll gain a more open minded perspective.

TRUE FACTS......

DID YOU KNOW THAT......

If you cross the Korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labour

If you cross the Afghan border illegally you get shot

If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you will be jailed

If you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again

If you cross the Venez...uelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed

If you cross the Cuban border illegally you will be thrown into polictal prison to rot

HOWEVER,

If you cross the Australian border illegally you get a job, a drivers license, a social sercurity card, wefare benefits, credit cards, subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house, free education, free health care, a lobbyist in canberra and in many instances you can vote. Its not a joke.

Its already been proven that some of the refugees in christmas island detention center have links to terrorists over seas.

Frightening but bloody true.

I say send them and their Allah home. I dont feel sorry for them.

I am not happy to let suspected former terrorist combatants into Australia jeopardising the safety of our society here. It was only a few months ago, they broke into a house in Westmead and tried to kill two innocent Sri Lankan students in sleep simply because the victims were of Sinhalese ethnicity they dont praise the Tamils God Allah. Apart from the criminals involved in this incident, more Tamils have faced prosecution in Melbourne for fundraising for the LTTE, a terrorist group banned in 32 countries. misled Australians will continue to welcome bogus Tamil refugees who have come here after paying thousands of dollars to people smugglers (also run by the LTTE), thereby robbing the places we have here for genuine refugees from all over the world. Enough said.

Exactly!!

This is also my opinion. I agree with David.

It scares me how ignorant people can be. Even in the UK, I have seen asians and others in shops and aren't allowed to buy anything because they are asians; thats just downright wrong. If they have done something then thats perfectly fine to refuse them service but the amount of people I know that don't allow them to do anything because of a minority of people who believe that they doing the world some good by carrying out terrorists acts. I actively hate those people who carry out those acts because they kill innocent people because of their warped beliefs. Maybe you should talk to someone affected by terrorism and then talk to an asylum seeker who just wants a better life for them self; something that people who live in democratic societies take for granted. We all do it; they just want to make their life better and we owe them a chance to do that. If anyone wants to know more about my beliefs then please feel free to ask either her or by PM.

We have decided to close this thread as the discussion is going around in circles with people expressing the same opinion over and over again. Also, saying 'Exactly' in response to someone's post adds nothing to the discussion. People have been given ample opportunity to have their say but there is a little name calling creeping in as well as posts which are a little aggressive.

Archived