Boat People!

Guest JusticeMoragBellingham

TRUE FACTS......

DID YOU KNOW THAT......

If you cross the Korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labour

If you cross the Afghan border illegally you get shot

If you cross the Saudi Arabian border illegally you will be jailed

If you cross the Chinese border illegally you may never be heard from again

If you cross the Venez...uelan border illegally you will be branded a spy and your fate will be sealed

If you cross the Cuban border illegally you will be thrown into polictal prison to rot

HOWEVER,

If you cross the Australian border illegally you get a job, a drivers license, a social sercurity card, wefare benefits, credit cards, subsidized rent or a loan to buy a house, free education, free health care, a lobbyist in canberra and in many instances you can vote. Its not a joke.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realise that all the countries you just stated are developing ones with questionable human rights? Do you really think that's what should be happening when people smuggle themselves into countries? I'm not condoning it on any level - but maybe if we try and see things from their point of view.

I do think that living in developed nations, we should help those who try and seek a better life. Of course in return i'd expect them to learn the language and respect the culture - but we have no idea of the horrors people are fleeing from.

They come here, they are given government housing,jobs. Social security benefits straight away. We here in Australia have to wait sometimes weeks even months to get onto benefits if we loose our jobs. We have to live on our savings until that is all gone. Our hospitals and schools are stretched to there limits.

What diseases are these people bringing into this country? How many have criminal records? Once here they don't want to live our way. They don't respect our laws. They don't want to learn our language. SO WHY SHOULD WE BOW DOWN AND HELP THEM?

You talk about 'them' as some sort of experiment, not human beings who have risked their lives for a potentially better future.

I know that not everyone is going to willingly adapt to a new way of life or country - but i believe that's the minority. And it's not only happening in Australia - as i've previously said the situation is much worse in the UK. The blame here is with the governments - not the people involved.

What diseases are these people bringing into this country?

I hope you realise how ignorant that sounds.

They come here, they are given government housing,jobs. Social security benefits straight away. We here in Australia have to wait sometimes weeks even months to get onto benefits if we loose our jobs. We have to live on our savings until that is all gone. Our hospitals and schools are stretched to there limits.

What diseases are these people bringing into this country? How many have criminal records? Once here they don't want to live our way. They don't respect our laws. They don't want to learn our language. SO WHY SHOULD WE BOW DOWN AND HELP THEM?

here in the uk we have to wait 3 months before we get any money if we loose our jobs! the Uk is far more over populated than australia!!!

Its already been proven that some of the refugees in christmas island detention center have links to terrorists over seas.

Frightening but bloody true.

I say send them and their Allah home. I dont feel sorry for them.

I am not happy to let suspected former terrorist combatants into Australia jeopardising the safety of our society here. It was only a few months ago, they broke into a house in Westmead and tried to kill two innocent Sri Lankan students in sleep simply because the victims were of Sinhalese ethnicity they dont praise the Tamils God Allah. Apart from the criminals involved in this incident, more Tamils have faced prosecution in Melbourne for fundraising for the LTTE, a terrorist group banned in 32 countries. misled Australians will continue to welcome bogus Tamil refugees who have come here after paying thousands of dollars to people smugglers (also run by the LTTE), thereby robbing the places we have here for genuine refugees from all over the world. Enough said.

Even though we have huge land space, what you don't realise is that most of Australia is desert. You can't just chuck these people into that kind of area.

^This!

I kind of agree with Kirsty to though.We don't know what they've been thruugh and so long as they make a proper effort to fit in such as learn the language and get a job,I think they should be allowed to stay.

^^ Saying the same thing over and over is not going to make it any more effective.

Just open your mind a little and try and see things from a different perspective. I'm not saying it's okay to let people with terrorist links stay in a country - but for the genuine refugees - i think we should help them as much as we can. We were fortunate to be born into a Western society, where we have access to education, clean water, hospitals etc. Try and imagine your life without the basic human necessities or rights that we take for granted.

Once here they don't want to live our way. They don't respect our laws. They don't want to learn our language

Who are 'they?' I think you're referring to the minority and find your remarks quite offensive and ignorant.

Archived