Boat People!

Guest JusticeMoragBellingham

I live in Australia and don't see how bad the problem is of "illegal immigrants stealing all my benefits". Probably because they aren't stealing anything of mine! I have more problems with people who come over here and pay a ton of money to get into uni when there are students who work their asses off and need a higher study score because they can't afford to pay full-fee. As for refugees getting benefits in a matter of weeks, I think you must have slept through the phase of indefinite mandatory detention when refugees were locked up in centres for up to five years, including children and some being born in the centres. As for now, there's a 90 day processing wait so no, it's not in a matter of weeks. But whatever, I'm glad you're done because I'm sick of hearing your ignorant, racist and close minded views.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in Australia and don't see how bad the problem is of "illegal immigrants stealing all my benefits". Probably because they aren't stealing anything of mine! I have more problems with people who come over here and pay a ton of money to get into uni when there are students who work their asses off and need a higher study score because they can't afford to pay full-fee. As for refugees getting benefits in a matter of weeks, I think you must have slept through the phase of indefinite mandatory detention when refugees were locked up in centres for up to five years, including children and some being born in the centres. As for now, there's a 90 day processing wait so no, it's not in a matter of weeks. But whatever, I'm glad you're done because I'm sick of hearing your ignorant, racist and close minded views.

David might be done/finished but Im not. I havent got started yet!

It was in Brisbane's paper the Courier Mail that the refugees that come into our country are given by our own government,

$57,000.00 dollars per year to live on. That is more than most low to middle income workers earn in a year. So how can that be fare?

I agree with you it stinks and is unfair!

Oh well you are just gona have to get used to i then aren't you. Because they aint anything you can do about it.

Maybe in the next life you may be born into some tiny squat with all your family in some hugely populated slums in some foreign country so you will know what its like, and when you try move to another country I hope they well and truly tell you to get lost because I know thats what I would tell you. Such narrowmindedness and ignorance in this world, I don't understand it.

What annoyed me about this is that apparently there were fights while the boat people were waiting to get into Australia... I think that those people should not be allowed into Australia, as they'll just cause trouble once their here, but Kevin Rudd says that this MIGHT affect their entry into Aus... which I think is a polite way of saying they'll be allowed in no matter what.

It was in Brisbane's paper the Courier Mail that the refugees that come into our country are given by our own government,

$57,000.00 dollars per year to live on. That is more than most low to middle income workers earn in a year. So how can that be fare?

What do you expect them to live on? Until they are allowed to legally work i think it's perfectly acceptable to be given money so they can live up to a certain standard. And i wouldn't believe everything you read in the papers as being completely accurate. :rolleyes:

You need to open your mind for one second and try and see things from a different perspective. Perhaps if you watched the news or read the International Section of your newspapers, you'd see the kind of horrors that force people to rsk their lives to start a new one in a country that they hope will be accepting of them.

I'm not going to get abusive with anybody over an opinion they hold but I would like to make it clear that the views expressed by Justicemorag and others who express similar views in this thread do not reflect the attitudes of the entire Australian community. And yes I do live here!!

There are many people in the Australian community who do feel empathy with refugees whether they arrive by boat or any other means.

Just expressing an opinion bluntly doesn't give it any more weight.

We'll send them all over to your country then!

The UK already lets in more immigrants than Australia. If you did your research then you'd know that. If you want to express your views at least try and back it up with credible evidence. You don realise you're coming acorss as being extremely close minded and racist.

Archived