Boat People!

Guest JusticeMoragBellingham

I think that people who come here for genuine refuge deserve our help. I was fortunate enough to be born into this country but my mother came from another country. Its a hard life over there and being here with the right to live here is a good thing for those who aren t going to abuse it!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its hard to find refugees that dont abuse the system that is the problem.

They can't work because they're asylum seekers. One has to wait and get the 'go ahead' in order to work, which can take months, and in some cases, years. Therefore it is the State's obligation to house these people. And they're not given mansions with all the mod cons, they're housed in a normal house, sometimes it's overcrowded and quite unsafe. Obviously there are a few exceptions, but to think they're getting the royal treatment is, in my opinion, stupid. I think you need to stop generalising and open your eyes for just five seconds. You will see that a very small minority abuse the system, and you'll find that a small amount of Australians abuse the system too. It happens in pretty much every developed country. :rolleyes:

Thats what you think its not what I know and what I know is 100% fact! Sorry but your wrong. Things are different over in

your country compaired to what they are like here in Australia.

So you KNOW that all refugees in Australia abuse the system? :rolleyes:

Thats what you think its not what I know and what I know is 100% fact! Sorry but your wrong. Things are different over in

Could you please provide objective evidence for your views.

What about all the Australians who abuse the system? I know in the UK we have thousands of people who claim false benefits etc - and i bet it's no different in any other developed country. In many ways i think that's much worse.

Just out of interest, have you ever actually talked to a refugee or asylum seeker. Perhaps if you did you would gain a differenct perspective and would stop being as ignorant.

Australias got a population of over 21 million with 7,617,930 SQ KM

The UK has got over 61 million with 244,820 SQ KM

Even though we have huge land space, what you don't realise is that most of Australia is desert. You can't just chuck these people into that kind of area.

Just out of curiosity approximately what proportion of Australia is uninhabitable? I read somewhere on the Internet that it was about 40% desert. The figures Kevin provided give the UK at 249 people per square kilometer and Australia at 2.7 people per square kilometer. Even if the country was only 10% inhabitable that would mean that there are 27 people per square kilometer - Still a lot less than the UK!

Australia is not exactly the first country you think of when it comes to over population. I'm pretty sure China and India have it a lot worse :rolleyes:

Are you really that heartless that you think anyone who is not a native of a country should to sent back to their homeland, despite the dangers they may endure living there? Do you have any idea of the horrors people have to live with on a daily basis in places like Darfur and the Congo?

I believe everyone has the right to a basic standard of life and those of us who are fortunate enough to live in developed nations should help in any way we can.

None of you live in Australia none of you have any idea how bad it is over here, with water running low, the health system not being able to cope because of the over peopulation growth etc etc. It is true we have lack of water here because of drought. Nothing you say will change my mind. I am against people smugglers who accept over ten thousand dollars off the illegal immigrants and I am against illegal immigrants being in this country I have already stated why on many of my posts and im not going over it again. YOu'll never change my mind. Good bye. Morag is welcome to take you lot on. Me Im finshed.

Archived