'Sun, Sea and Scandal' - Old H&A on Fiver

Guest Shaun.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeahhhh, Kirsty when I absolutely loved her, the original Flynn who I absolutely loved (not the fake Flynn who appeared afterwards – a bit harsh, I thought he was ok just not as good as the first one). Also Dani, Jade, Rhys, Shelly during arguably my favourite period of Home and Away.

I thought Gemma was really selfish. She was more worried about getting in trouble for giving Kirsty drugs than she was about he friend’s well being. Some friend. It did take guts for her to come to the hospital knowing that Rhys was probably there or you could argue that was more for own relief. In saying that I did feel sorry for her when her parents chucked her out after they discovered what happened. Was glad when Shelly and Rhys invited them to come round for dinner and then both parents offered to do it again (even though that never happened). I was kind of hoping that Jemma would become a regular after that.

I always found it funny when Kirsty was hallucinating and accused Brody of trying to poison her. I remember they were at odds at the time because Kirsty stole Miles’s necklace and told Brody to get over it, Brody slapped her and they got into a fight which Dani broke up.

There were some really emotional scenes with Dani and Jade when she was brushing Kirsty’s hair. Also with Shelly, firstly when Kirsty didn’t recognise her, when she refused to leave her bedside and after Kirsty went into respiratory arrest and started crying with Rhys for her daughter. It doesn’t matter how many times I watch that scene I can always feel it every time.

And of course there’s Charlotte. A person who quite often lacked genuine emotion.

Loved Jade blowing off at Coleen and the way she went and told everyone about Kirsty proves she deserved it.

Never really liked the school sit in. I preferred the one in 2004. I will say one thing though I remember the episode where Kirsty actually took the drugs and Josh was getting more physical with Dani, she withdrew and opened up about the rape. I really liked that and although we didn’t know at the time I guess that was the start of things to come – What happened the previous year was interfering with Dani’s relationship, she sought help from Flynn who arranged the mediation sessions and the rest followed suit.

Yes I did get the episode number wrong for today's 2nd episode - it seems it was 3601 instead of 3600 - but that's because Five sent out the wrong synopsis. I thought it would probably be 3601 but figured I should trust Five :P

Great comments Red Ranger 1 & Slade. :D

I've loved watching these old episodes again, I liked the Sutherlands as a family unit - don't think any of the individual characters were particuarly outstanding, but I like seeing the family interaction which is so often missing in the "makeshift" families we tend to see on H&A.

I love Nick & Hayley too, but Noah seems a little more annoying than I remember.. I must've been blinded by his good looks at the time!

Edit.. forgot to mention original Flynn! I could never get used to the new one.

I haqve to admit that the story lines for the episodes thwere showing over the next few weeks are far superior than thoes of to day ], the ep with Angies walk of shame was a treat to watch and it was lovfley to see Paris Bunette as the princible he was very nice its just a shame he wasnrt in it longer,

I didnt realise how much of a drama Queen Dani was about Kirsty and Kane, I felt she made it all about her self, i never did like her Persona.

Haven't seen today's episodes yet, I've a feeling I'll probably miss them because I'm going to be out this evening.(I did have a feeling it'd be 3601, the one where Dani runs over Kane.Isn't that the one where Dani spends half the episode talking to the camera then you realise she's talking to Hayley?)

Enjoyed yesterday's episodes.It was interesting watching the beginning of KK now that we've seen the apparent end of it.Even more than the previous day, Kirsty seemed incredibly young and there actually seemed to be an innocence about her relationship with Kane.I loved the way that you could completely see the point of view of everyone involved and why they acted the way they did.I remember at the time liking the bit where Kane tries to stop Rhys taking Kirsty away, not for any macho reasons but because he's genuinely trying to protect her.Better couple of episodes for Shelley as well, even though she again had no clue what Kirsty was up to.I loved that scene at the end where even though she disagreed with her she took time to think about how Kirsty was feeling and try to work with her within it rather than just telling her she was wrong.

Charlotte seemed a bit better in that episode as well and we even got a bit of Nick and Jade at the start.(And was that a glimpse of Max in the flashback sequence?)Wonder if, in retrospect, Leah regrets teaching VJ to talk...Some nice friendship scenes between Dani and Brodie, they always did spark off each other well.I remember at the time being monumentally disappointed that Josh was the letter writer, I really wanted it to be Noah, I always thought he and Dani would make a good couple.(So I guess I was bored of him and Hayley even by that point.)Her and Josh were obviously not going to work, they did get back together but I seem to remember it didn't last very long.

Archived