'Sun, Sea and Scandal' - Old H&A on Fiver

Guest Shaun.

Awwww I'm so gutted I am missing all these :(

Why oh why can't we get Five here :angry::(

Kevin, I'm pretty sure you can get five on an irish digibox if you google the code for it.

You cant get fiver though, which is what the old episodes are aired on, on an Irish card as of yet. We just have it on an english box in another room because we have connections :P.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't seen today's episodes yet, I've a feeling I'll probably miss them because I'm going to be out this evening.(I did have a feeling it'd be 3601, the one where Dani runs over Kane.Isn't that the one where Dani spends half the episode talking to the camera then you realise she's talking to Hayley?)

Enjoyed yesterday's episodes.It was interesting watching the beginning of KK now that we've seen the apparent end of it.Even more than the previous day, Kirsty seemed incredibly young and there actually seemed to be an innocence about her relationship with Kane.I loved the way that you could completely see the point of view of everyone involved and why they acted the way they did.I remember at the time liking the bit where Kane tries to stop Rhys taking Kirsty away, not for any macho reasons but because he's genuinely trying to protect her.Better couple of episodes for Shelley as well, even though she again had no clue what Kirsty was up to.I loved that scene at the end where even though she disagreed with her she took time to think about how Kirsty was feeling and try to work with her within it rather than just telling her she was wrong.

Didn't know any of these episodes were on! :( Are they still showing any of the Kane/Kirsty episodes or have they all finished now? :unsure: It would be nice to take a trip down Memory Lane.

Haven't seen today's episodes yet, I've a feeling I'll probably miss them because I'm going to be out this evening.(I did have a feeling it'd be 3601, the one where Dani runs over Kane.Isn't that the one where Dani spends half the episode talking to the camera then you realise she's talking to Hayley?)

Enjoyed yesterday's episodes.It was interesting watching the beginning of KK now that we've seen the apparent end of it.Even more than the previous day, Kirsty seemed incredibly young and there actually seemed to be an innocence about her relationship with Kane.I loved the way that you could completely see the point of view of everyone involved and why they acted the way they did.I remember at the time liking the bit where Kane tries to stop Rhys taking Kirsty away, not for any macho reasons but because he's genuinely trying to protect her.Better couple of episodes for Shelley as well, even though she again had no clue what Kirsty was up to.I loved that scene at the end where even though she disagreed with her she took time to think about how Kirsty was feeling and try to work with her within it rather than just telling her she was wrong.

Didn't know any of these episodes were on! :( Are they still showing any of the Kane/Kirsty episodes or have they all finished now? :unsure: It would be nice to take a trip down Memory Lane.

The details are all on the main site, it's going to be recent stuff for the near future but you might wanna check out the episodes on the 17th and 18th, which are from 2004.They're not particularly Kane/Kirsty centric but they're in them.

Did actually manage to see most of today's.Loved that first episode.Angie getting her comeuppance was very satisfying at the time and Sally was so cool when she stepped in to help out the kids and when she suddenly produced the tape.Loved Kirsty's little grin when she realised everything had gone according to plan and Irene's silent disdain of Angie at the end.And a cameo from Simone, a good two years after her storyline.I was never really happy with her characterisation during that storyline, she seemed surprisingly ready to believe Nick was guilty given that he used to be her boyfriend.Aww, Leah and Jesse.Seriously, why did she marry Dan instead of him?They always had much better chemistry.

Found it hard to like the second one because it was hard to feel any sympathy for most of the characters.Dani was really shafted by the writers around that time, I remember even I was glad they sent her to jail simply because she was irritating me.Not only did they portray her as a crazy person when she was actually acting how anyone would in that situation but they kept throwing out her character development for the sake of the storyline:Twice they had a big scene where she came to terms with Kane and what had happened only for it to be completely forgotten about.Kane was written way too aggressive, I'm going to assume that was just poor direction, he claimed to be trying to avoid Dani but it looked as though he deliberately confronted her.And good grief, Scott could be a loser sometimes.The only one that actually came out of it with his head held high was Rhys, which was quite nice after a bunch of episodes where he was just...there.He actually seemed to be trying to strike a balance and support both his daughters.

It's been fun but might as well switch off until week three:Bar one episode on Monday with Peter and Amanda's wedding, I think every episode was either repeated this time last year or shown last year for the first time(fight club, zzzz).Or both.Good grief, I rolled my eyes when Nicole losing her bikini showed up again.

Great comments Red Ranger 1 & Slade. :D

Thanks. I’m glad quite a few people can appreciate how much better the episodes were before than they are at the moment.

I mentioned this on another thread. You can’t download the episodes but you can stream any you’ve missed directly from the Five’s website for the next three weeks at least.

Click here

Episode 3319

Even through the stuff with Bridgette/Brian and when Miles used to hang out with him I completely forgot VJ used to be deaf.

It’s funny. When Kirsty was sitting at the computer checking her bank balance (as Nick and Jade were teasing her) it reminded me of when she was sitting in that exact same spot doing the same thing when she discovered Bartlett transferred a sum of money across.

I liked Flynn’s chat with Sally, the fact that she was prepared to keep quiet about it and that Flynn genuinely wanted to do what was best for everybody.

Charlotte still seemed like a robot.

These were really great times for me during KK’s first stint. It truly was forbidden romance and the 2002 Kane was my favourite out of all of them. Every time I see that scene when Shelly was telling Flynn she wanted to forget about the last year, Kane walked in and there was an awkward silence before he said hello to her and vice versa, I always feel quite uncomfortable watching that. Always thinking what were Shelly’s thoughts at that moment.

I didn’t really blame Flynn for doing a U-turn about the mediation. Interesting that Kane thought that it worked both him and Dani. Whilst I felt it worked for him I didn’t think it did work for Dani as it caused the break up of her relationship with Josh (although they did get back together after that). Reason being that he only held two sessions. I always thought they needed more than that.

Absolutely loved the KK reunion (after not seeing each other for several days) and when they went to “their” spot. One of my favourite moments in Home and Away was when Kirsty tells Kane that she loves him. He seemed like he could hardly believe his ears and when he kind of said ditto back then, part of me felt he was just saying it as a matter of course and wasn’t sure if it was genuine. Not until he gave up his job, ran away with her and actually declared his love in the letter he wrote.

Great way to end to episode with Shelly having a flashback several weeks prior realising the shirt she found in the laundry was Kane’s and put two and two together.

Episode 3320

Definitely one of my all time favourite episodes.

Firstly really good dialogue between Flynn and Shelly. Loved watching her on the phone trying to call Kirsty and Flynn standing in the background looking visibly nervous. His expression was perfect. Very rarely did he look like he didn’t know what to do or so uncomfortable and it completely told Shelly that he knew about the relationship. Liked his concern about her telling Rhys. I always found that conversation interesting because if it had been someone else’s daughters who had been involved with Kane and she was in Flynn’s position, I honestly believe she would have done the same thing. I know this wasn’t the same but it reminded me of when Ashley was drugged up the year before, she rejected Flynn when he tried to help her and Shelly intervened and let her stay at their place for a few days. I completely see Shelly’s position (and I loved her “inappropriate” remark reaction) but I could totally understand Flynn’s reasoning. She was thinking like a mother, he was thinking like a councillor it’s a simple as that.

I was really pleased he stuck for Kane and bet his life on it. He KNEW Kane would never hurt Kirsty and Kirsty knew too. She had 100% confidence in him. It was so sweet when he gave her his ring (which she even kept after he left the bay).

I thought it was really intense when Shelly band Kirsty from seeing Kane. They way she shut the door, told her she figured it out when she recognised his shirt and Kirsty tried trying to reason with her but Shelly wasn’t having any of it. Love her sternness too - “This thing finishes RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW”.

When Kirsty disobeyed Shelley, went to see Kane anyway, hugged him, Rhys told him to get his hands off her and he told Rhys that she didn’t want to go and he couldn’t force her when I first saw that I buried my head in my hands. Totally the wrong choice of words. Rhys was really scary there. Originally I thought he was going to deck Kane.

Again another really good scene back at the house when Rhys asked Kirsty why she did this and he and Shelly couldn’t believe there ears when she said she was in love with Kane. The look of disgust by Rhys when Kirsty told Shelly she couldn’t see where she was coming from because they were too focussed on Dani was good. I always enjoyed seeing that.

Shelly obviously tried using reverse psychology and the softly, softly approach at the end trying to make Kirsty believe she had a choice about her relationship. She did something similar after the group counselling session to no avail.

Wow these episodes were so intense. I always thought Kane was a completely sadistic monster and loathed Kirsty and felt so bad for Danni. I know we were supposed to believe he'd changed but the way he spoke to her and the way he had zero empathy for her made m completely disbelieve him. I didn't get why everyone thought Danni was going crazy her reaction seemed completely logical to me. Shame the next episodes don't follow on from here. I actually though Danni was one of the better written characters they've had. They was she becomes self obsessed and unstable seems to make sense for a character who has been through as much as her. I never thought it made sense that she ended up tolerating him in her life even for Kirsty, Danni seemed to sacrifice everything and Kirsty didn't seem to give a stuff. I really wanted Kane to go to jail and pay for what he did to her, the writes almost seemed to say the girl has to deal and the bloke gets away with it, same as Rachel and Henk. Just doesn't seem right to me.

The fact they wrote that storyline about Dani going to jail was just laughable; I felt they just made it seem like after a certain amount of time, what he did to her was somehow forgotten about. Quite funny too how everyone sees Dani as the selfish one, (which I do agree with to an extent btw) but a lot of people don't see Kirsty as that.

Has to be said, even though Dani did need to move on, for her own sake as much as anyone, that wasn't really a good episode to show to anyone to convince them Kane had changed.His attitude towards Dani was basically "You're causing trouble for me so I'm going to be unpleasant towards you."Telling the girl you raped that you wished you'd never touched her, not because you're disgusted with yourself but because you're disgusted with her, is seriously crossing a line, even if he did then tell Kirsty he knew he shouldn't have done it.I remember a scene, earlier on I think, where he told her that he wasn't going to be able to forget what he did but that he couldn't spend the rest of his life apologising for it, where he seemed a lot calmer and more understanding.

Onto today's episodes...Not really sure why that first one was there, unless they still had the tape lying around from last year.Drew and Amanda sort of fitted in with the theme but why not choose an episode where people actually found out?(Drew explained things away pretty easily in the next episode.)Did have Belle telling Drew and Cassie what worthless individuals they both were though.She and Lucas were so cute together, shame he didn't save her from turning into an obsessive nutcase and she's spent the last two years getting into endless arguments with bad boy boyfriends.I really wish they'd actually done something with Drew and Amanda instead of it all being over in a week, I actually thought they had potential to be a proper couple.Not a particularly good episode for Sally although I liked her scene with Alf, which was very interesting in retrospect, knowing how things eventually went between her and Brad.Rare piece of interaction between Brad and Rachel, who spent most of his time on the show forgetting they were related.

The second episode was mainly set-up for Monday's installments so it's hard to know what to say.Kelli was a decent crazy although her storyline possibly ended up going on a bit too long and they took ages to actually explain what she was getting revenge for.And if you think Martha can be irritating these days, it's nice to get a reminder of just how bad she used to be.Can't help wondering if they've actually put some thought into these selections and

they're showing a bunch of Amanda-centric episodes because she's coming back

Archived