'Sun, Sea and Scandal' - Old H&A on Fiver

Guest Shaun.

Following on from what I mentioned previously I never thought Tony was entirely blameless sleeping with Naomi (not that I would blame him of course) but I still think knowing the state he was in, the fact that she’d already slept with Lucas (his son) she maybe should have thought twice about it. When Lucas confided in Tony and told him about sleeping with her I laughed at Tony’s reaction of horror.

Again I thought Ric came across pretty well, calmly and rationally talking to Tony about Lucas and agreeing not to say anything about him sleeping with Naomi.

I did like Amanda’s leaving do but at the same time felt a little bit awkward watching it. Colleen being there was understandable because she had been working for Amanda for months (even though I was constantly rolling my eyes during her speech although I loved the part when she said Amanda had a good heart and Amanda’s reaction) but it didn’t feel right Kit and Matilda being there as already mentioned because of what happened regarding Beth. I always wondered if they were there for Amanda or for Belle.

Loved the goodbye scene between Amanda and Irene. It just showed how much they’d moved on from when Amanda returned from Europe with Ryan and after Belle poured the sour milk all over her $15000 rug she referred to her as a witch when she went to apologise to deter her from pressing charges.

In spite of everything that happened I’m glad Drew talked Peter into following his heart and pursuing Amanda. I was a bit surprised he managed to get to the city and track her down so quickly. Loved his line about wanting to transfer because he didn’t think he could live without her and her – to good to be true – reaction. The embrace and kiss at the end was just what I wanted. At the time I was sorry to see both of them go (in particular Amanda as she was one of my all time favourite characters) but equally glad they both got a happing ending and left together as they were one of my favourite couples ever.

I thought Cassie had a lot of guts standing up and telling everyone about her HIV. And I really liked the genuine concern she had for Aden after realising she could have infected him after the crash. The stuff with Morag was good because that was the time they started to develop his character and we had an insight into his background. I really liked the fact that in spite of what everyone else was like she was determined to see the good in him (Roman has to take some credit as well). Loved Alf smugness when he told Aden Morag was the snooker champion at uni.

I did have mixed feelings about Annie and Geoff in that episode. Quite disgusted with both of them to start with. Annie’s remark about only bad people getting HIV made me glad when everyone in her class laughed at her. She deserved it. So ignorant and judgmental but after Miles explained the difference between HIV and AIDS to all the students and mentioned that anyone could get it, she stuck up for Cassie and argued with Geoff. Even watching that a second time Geoff’s comments left me so frustrated, its times like that I was glad Aden locked him in the car boot. Again after Irene put him in his place he went round and apologised to Cassie even though he didn’t say anything to her directly and I doubt Irene would have mentioned it which was big of him.

Classic moment at the end upon Alf and in particular Morag discovering that Coleen was their older sister. The look on Morag’s face was priceless.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dear.Fight club.Like that wasn't bad enough the first time round.Noel's a pretty wimpish villain for all the attempts to talk him up, seeming more scared than Ric is.The ending's a complete damp squib with Noel waving a gun around impotently and a supposedly dangerous situation being ended by one maverick police officer and her semi-retired friend just turning up.Logan, who actually does seem like a danger to Ric, just vanishes without explanation and seemingly loses all interest in getting revenge on him.(Even worse, we then got a couple of even bigger damp squibs as Noel fled the country and got forgetten about while Viv disappeared for a few months then turned up to announce the baby had died and so they didn't need to mention him again.)On the plus side, nice to see Lara, albeit briefly.Hope the maternity leave ends soon.

It's telling that in the first episode the Roman/Nicole/Aden stuff is a lot more interesting.I didn't realise Roman threatened to throw Aden out back then, it makes Aden thinking he'd do it a few weeks later and Roman actually doing it a year later seem a bit more credible.(Although to be fair, Aden does actually have somewhere else to go at this point since his father's still around.)Interestingly, although they've portrayed as less pleasant people, Aden and Nicole actually seem a lot closer here before his Belle obsession started:You get the feeling that, for all his bluster, he genuinely doesn't want her to leave, whereas if she decided to go now he probably wouldn't be nearly as bothered.

Although that may change in a few weeks...

It is a shame that it's impossible for Roman to follow through on his threats, as Leah points out, since if he does send Nicole away that's her out of the show and they've just added her to the opening titles.

Similarly, the second episode gets a lot more interesting once the fight's out of the way and we get some proper human interaction between Ric, Matilda and Viv.The scene where Ric and Viv are torn over whether to save their baby or not and Matilda steps in and takes charge, completely ignoring her own feelings and what would be best for her, is one of my all-time favourite moments.It shows just how tight she and Ric were and how much she matured during her four years on the show:A couple of years previous she was practically in hysterics at the thought of Lee being pregnant with Lucas' baby and they weren't even together at the time.And it's nice that when Ric starts spouting on about how she's the only good thing in his life, Matilda actually points out that he's talking nonsense.

Anyway, that's it for scandals.Next week, disasters.See you on the other thread.

Is it the Greek (I think) dance song you're referring to? I've no idea what it's called but it's a really popular dance tune, if it comes on in clubs everyone joins arms and kicks their legs to it :lol:

EDIT: It's called the Sirtaki dance! If that's the one you're thinking of??

Archived