Having Faith

Guest LauraPhilly!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks tessalove and amz89 for your lovely comments!!

This next chapter is dedicated to you! :)

Chapter 11

"So, Nic and Geoff are back together?" asked Belle, rather surprised, as she sipped her coffee in the diner.

"Apparently," said Irene, as closed the cash register. "Geoff went to see her last night according to Annie, and they made up. It seems Nicole only really wanted Geoff, even after all he's put her through."

"I can understand that," said Belle.

Irene looked at her surprised.

"Well yeah," said Belle, in a slightly obvious tone. "Everyone was surprised that Aden and I got back together after he held me hostage and everything. I'm just saying I can kinda see where Nicole's coming from."

"But you and Aden were always meant to be," said Irene, hastily. "Geoff and Nicole -

"Aren't that much different Irene," said Belle calmly. "They're are somethings things like that, that just can't be explained. It's called -

"Yeah, yeah, I know," said Irene, chuckling. "'It's called love.'"

"Exactly," said Belle, grinning at her.

Irene chuckled and walked back into the kitchen.

"What time you off to work love?" she asked.

"I'll have to go in a few minutes actually," said Belle, checking her watch.

"Sure, sit there for a few minutes more," said Irene, coming out carrying a muffin on a plate. "And eat this!"

"Irene, the calories!" said Belle, dismayed.

"Just eat it!" insisted Irene. "You hardly ever have them!"

"That's because Aden buys me more than enough chocolates and sweets etc."

"Well good," said Irene, as she watched Belle break off a piece of the muffin. "Us girls need to be pampared!"

"He pampers me enough Irene," said Belle, as she pushed the muffin away. "He barely lets me lift a finger!"

"Why are you complaining?" asked Irene, astonished. "Not having to lift a finger, not that would be my dream come true!"

Belle laughed and picked up her bag from the floor.

"I have to go, Irene," she said, standing up. "I want to go visit Nicole in the hospital before I go to work."

"Ok, darl," said Irene, picking up her plate. "Tell Nicole we all send her our love!"

"I will, bye!"

"So, the doctor said I'll be able to go home tomorrow!" said Nicole, happily, as Belle sat down on the edge of her bed.

Belle frowned.

"Why, don't you agree?" asked Nicole, noticing her expression.

"No, I'm just worried about you Nic," she said. "You were in such a state the other day. I've never seen you so upset or sick!"

"Well all thats gone now," she said, smoothing her bedsheets. "Geoff and I got back together so its all good!"

Belle smiled lightly.

"You don't agree," accused Nicole.

"No, no, I'm surprised," said Belle. "It's just I suppose you remind me of Aden and me a few years ago."

"You...and Aden!" said Nicole, surprised. "How?"

"Well, even after all the things Aden and I have been through, we still managed to be togther all these years later," said Belle, laughing at the memories. "I suppose, you and Geoff are like that too."

Nicole nodded, and pursed her lips.

"Well, I'm still not happy about the whole situation. The Year 10 girl being pregnant won't make things any easier, but Geoff and I will work around it. Together this time."

Belle smiled, and reached out and took Nicole's hand.

"Well I'm very happy for you both!"

Nicole grinned and squeezed her hand.

"Thanks Belle. I've never really told you this, but you are kinda like a sister to me. Thank you."

Belle smiled. "Your like a sister to me too, Nic."

As they leaned forward for a hug, Belle winced, then clutched her stomach.

"Belle are you alright?" asked Nicole, worriedly, as Belle stood up.

"No, I'm -

And then Belle fainted, collapsing into a small heap on the floor besides Nicole's bed.

"Somebody help!" cried Nicole, jumping out of her bed and flinging the door open. "Somebody help, my friend's fainted!"

"You can't look me in the eye, I don't do surprises," sang Aden, as he drove along the motorway, on his way home.

"I've got nothing at all," sang Axle Whitehead through the radio as Aden tapped the steering wheel in the time of the music. "If you catch me, you fall."

When he phone buzzed beside him, he picked it up and put it to his ear.

"Aden Jefferies speaking."

"Aden, this is Ruby."

"Hey Rubes, how's Nic?"

"Oh she's fine. Aden, I'm just calling to let you know that Belle's in hospital."

Aden heart thudded against his rib cage unevenly.

"Why, what's happened?" he asked, hastily, as he pushed the accelerator even harder. "Is she ok?"

"She's fine," reassure Ruby. "She fainted while visiting Nicole. I assure you she's fine though, she's awake and everything."

"Can I speak to her?" asked Aden, unable to believe Ruby's words.

"Yeah sure, here she is?"

"Hey babe."

Aden sighed in relief as he heard Belle's soft voice.

"Oh babe, thank God your ok! What's wrong, are you sick or something?"

"No I'm fine," reassured Belle. "But I need you to come by the hospital on your way home, there's something I have to tell you."

"I'm on my way there now," said Aden, as he turned down a road towards the hospital.

"Ok, see you in a few minutes."

"Ok, love you."

"Love you too."

"Ruby, where is she?" asked Aden, frantically as he burst through the ER doors and saw Ruby standing at the reception.

"She's through here," said Ruby, leading him to the examination room.

There lying on the bed was Belle, wearing a white hospital robe.

"Hey, are you ok?" asked Aden, walking over and talking her hand.

"Yeah I'm fine," reassured Belle, as Aden crushed her gently to his chest. "There's something I need to tell you though."

"What is it?" asked Aden, calmly, taking both her hands in his.

Belle took in a deep breath and looked up into his eyes.

"I'm pregnant."

Thanks for reading..!!

...xXx

Thanks for your comments guys!

btw, the baby is Aden's! :)

Here's the next chapter!!

Chapter 12

2 months later....

"Aden, did you eat the rest of the chocolate cake?"

Aden sighed and walked into the kitchen to see his pregnant girlfriend standing beside the open fridge door, her face livid.

"No honey, that was you."

Belle frowned, and then her brow relaxed. "Oh yeah, I did. Well we need more," she said, quickly.

"The baby likes his chocolate," she said, patting her small bump.

"I think you mean his mother likes chocolate," corrected Aden, kissing Belle lightly on the cheek.

Belle shrugged. "Either way, we need more chocolate cake!"

Belle!" said Aden, shaking his head in disapproval, as Belle continued routing through the fridge. "I know it's just your cravings, but why don't you try something else this time. I tired at getting up at 1am and buying you the large packets of Dairy Milks!"

Belle pouted her lips, and walked over to Aden, leaning against his knee.

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't realise I was being that much of a nuisance."

"No it's not that," said Aden, pulling her into a hug. "It's just new for me, all this. At least gone through it before."

Belle looked at him sadly. "Aden, the last time was no picnic for me either. And it was worse you not being there!"

Aden looked at her sadly. "I'm sorry babe, anyway I'm here now so I'll get you whatever you need, except chocolate," he said as she was about to interrupt.

"Aden!" she moaned, slapping him lightly. "That's not fair."

"I shall remain deaf until you suggest something else," he said, turning his face away from her.

She frowned impatiently, then looked away thinking.

"How about Milka?"

Aden made an exasperated sound. "Honey, that still counts as chocolate."

"But there's less fat in it!" said Belle, as Faith walked in the back door.

"Sorry, I'm late," she said, putting her bag down on the floor. "School bus broke down, had to walk home."

"Well honey, why didn't you call me," said Aden, as Faith took a bottle of water from the fridge. "I could have picked you up!"

"Nah, it's grand Dad, don't worry," said Faith. "I'm here now so it doesn't matter anyway."

"How's the baby?" she asked, indicating to Belle's tummy, which was covered by Aden's hand.

Belle looked down momentarily. "Oh the baby's fine."

"However your Mother's cravings are getting slightly out of hand," said Aden, rubbing Belle's tummy in circular motions.

"Yeah, was that you walking through the house last night?" asked Faith curiously.

Aden nodded. "Your Mother wanted sushi."

"I knew I heard something," said Faith, laughing.

Then she looked at Belle in surprise. "But Mum…you hate sushi!"

Belle laughed then shrugged. "Apparently I like it now!"

They all laughed and then Belle got up from Aden's lap.

"I'm going to get a start on lunch. We'd want to have it now if we want to make the sonogram on time."

"Yeah, I can't wait," said Faith, excitedly, taking the plates out of the cupboard. "Being actually able to see and hear the baby's heartbeat! It should be amazing!"

Aden nodded, enthusiastically. Unlike Belle, he had never been to one of these things before so it would a new experience for him too.

"What's for dinner this evening, Mum?" asked Faith as she laid the table.

"Um...chicken, if that's alright," said Belle.

Faith groaned.

"What?" asked Belle surprised.

"Mum, remember the last time Dad cooked dinner," said Faith, as she collapsed into the sofa. "I really don't want to spend another night in the hospital!"

"Oh ha-ha!" said Aden, as he disappeared into the kitchen.

"So, you should be able to see the baby just about…there," said Rachel, pointing to the small foetus on screen.

"Oh my God, look Aden," said Belle, squeezing his hand. "That's our baby."

Aden, who was speechless, simply nodded.

"It's so small," whispered Faith.

Belle smiled at her and reached out and took her hand. They beamed at each other.

"Well everything seems perfectly normal," said Rachel, smiling at them. "The baby's heartbeat is steady, and everything going according to plan."

"That's great Rach, thanks," said Aden, as Belle pulled her top back down.

"Your welcome, and guys," she said looking at Aden and Belle. "I'm so glad everything's work out for you two."

Belle and Aden grinned at each, and Aden held Belle's hand tighter.

"Thanks Rach," said Belle kindly. "That means so much to us."

Rachel smiled. Then she looked at her chart.

"Belle, your to come into me in 4 weeks for another ultrasound ok?" she said, briskly.

"I'll, we'll be there," she said, lifting up hers and Aden's hands.

When Rachel left the room, Belle flung her arms around Aden's waist.

"Did you see that? That was our baby!"

"Yeah I know, it's unreal! " agreed Aden, while Faith grinned.

"Do they know what the sex is yet?" she asked.

"No the doctors won't know that for another few weeks, honey," said Belle, as Aden helped her get up from the bed.

"But we've been thinking," said Aden, wrapping his arm around Belle's waist. "That we're going to wait till the baby's born to find out the sex."

"Is that ok sweety?" asked Belle, anxiously.

Faith nodded. "No, that's absolutely fine with me! I love the idea of a surprise."

"Well everyone's going to be surprised for sure," said Aden, as they left the room. "They all going to be surprised as to where the baby, if it's a boy, got his heart melting look from!"

"Certainly from no one in this family!" said Belle.

"Ouch!" said Aden.

"She burned you good Dad," said Faith, laughing.

"Let's hope the baby is as violent as your Mother," said Aden, leaning over and whispering in Faith's ear.

"I can still hear you honey!" said Belle.

"Hear what, I don't know what your talking about."

Belle scoffed. "Hilarious! Now…"

Aden looked at her suspiciously. He knew from that grin that she was planning something.

"Let's go to Ben&Jerry's and get us some ice cream!"

"Oh no you don't," said Aden, whipping the car keys out of Belle's hand. "I'm going to make sure you stay well clear of chocolate from now on!"

Belle frowned and muttered something about 'selfish' as they got into the car.

"How about we go to the Diner instead," suggested Faith, leaning through the gap that separated the car seats. "I'm sure Mum would never say no to a hot cup of coffee would you?"

"That's a great idea!" said Belle, looking at Aden enthusiastically.

Aden surveyed her expression, and then nodded. "Fine, but your getting de – cafe!"

Belle threw Aden a dirty look as he put the key in the ignition. Faith laughed from the back seat.

"I think you might have gone too far there Dad!"

"Belle this is stupid!" said Aden, as he staggered through the back door.

"Well this is what you get when you force me to drink de – cafe!" she said, from where she was perched on Aden's back.

"Now, bring me to the bedroom."

Aden groaned and walked down the hall, as Faith laughed at them from the kitchen.

"I'm not done with you yet!" said Belle, as Aden lowered her onto the bed, and began backing away.

"Babe, please, I'm bushed, I can't do another thing," he said, exasperatedly, collapsing onto the bed.

Belle grinned, and reached out and played with the collar of his shirt.

"Well then it's lucky that this activity involves you being in bed then isn't it!"

Aden grinned as Belle rolled on top of him.

"When did this come on?" he asked, as she kissed him lightly.

"Well, as of late, the strangest things have been turning me on," she said, as Aden rolled on top of her, and began brushing kisses against her neck.

"I got the strangest sensation when you had me on your back!"

"I see," said Aden, as unbuttoned his shirt. "Well I could get use to this!"

Belle grinned as Aden leaned down and kissed her passionately.

"By the way, I'm -

"Mum, Dad, there's someone at the door claiming they know you!" called Faith.

Belle groaned. "Tell them to just go away honey!"

There was a moment's silence.

"They said you would regret that later on."

Belle frowned and she and Aden went into the kitchen.

"It's about time you came in!"

"Mattie," squealed Belle, running over and wrapping her arms tightly around her best friend's neck.

"Ok, let's not squash the guest," said Mattie, gasping for breath.

"What are you doing here?" asked Belle, as she unwound her arms. "Last time we spoke, you were in America!"

"The last time we spoke Belle was three years ago," Mattie reminded her.

"It seems a lot's changed since they," she said, glancing at Aden, and surveying Faith up and down.

"Yeah, a lot has changed," said Belle, reaching out and taking Faith's hand.

"Faith, you might not remember but this is you godmother Matilda."

"Oh my God, Aunt Mattie!" squealed Faith, jumping on the spot.

"You haven't changed a bit!" she said, flinging her arms around Mattie's waist.

"Well you certainly have!" said Mattie, chuckling. "You seem to get more beautiful every time I see you, and…so much more like your father."

At this remark, she looked at Aden quickly.

Aden chuckled. "I shouldn't be surprised I guess. I should have known Belle would have told you."

"Well, Belle was never great at keeping secrets!"

Belle laughed while Aden walked towards Mattie, his arms open.

"It's good to see you again, Mattie," he said, as they hugged tightly.

"Yeah, it's been years. How was your world trip?"

"It was good," said Aden, nonchalantly.

"The world was nothing compared to the surprise that was waiting for me back home," he said, grinning at Faith.

Mattie chuckled. "Did you figure it out yourself or did Belle have to tell you."

"I kinda figured it out myself," said Aden, as Belle slid her arm around his waist. "t got fairly obvious after awhile.

Mattie grinned and nodded.

"So has much happened since I left the Bay?" she asked, as they walked into the living room.

"Well, I suppose there has," said Aden, grinning at Belle and put his hand on her small bump.

It took a few minutes for Mattie to get it before she gasped and clapped her hand to her mouth.

"Oh my God, your pregnant!"

Belle nodded and grinned at her sheepishly.

"Oh my God, this is amazing! Oh my God your going to be parents!"

"Hello, what am I?" asked Faith, a mock of annoyance of her face. "Their neighbour?"

"No sorry, dear," said Mattie, reaching out to take her hand. "I meant you guys are going to be parents again."

"Gee, well done Mattie," said Belle, sarcastically. "We never realised that!"

Mattie's eyes narrowed. "Stop mocking me!"

"I will, I'm sorry," said Belle, grinning at her.

"Stay for dinner Mattie?" asked Aden.

"Yeah, I'd love to thanks!" she said, happily. "Want some help?"

"Yeah, that'd be great!"

"Good, but I warn you I can get pretty snappy in the kitchen!"

"Ooo, I'm scared now!"

Thanks for reading..!!

...xXx

Archived