Having Faith

Guest LauraPhilly!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your lovely comments!!

Here's the next chapter!

Chapter 7

The feeling of elation was still running wild through Aden even after he left the restaurant, and went back to Roman's.

"What's made you so happy?" asked Roman, when Aden arrived home with a broad grin on his face.

"Just stuff!"

Roman raised his eyebrows suspiciously but decided to let it go.

"Well it's late, mate," he said, looking at his watch. "I'm gona hit the sack, I have to be up early tomorrow!"

"Kay, 'night Roman!"

"Night."

It was only then when Aden sat down that he realised how tired he was. He yawned lightly and his shoulders drooped.

Halfway between sleep and awake, Aden jumped when he phone buzzed in his pocket.

"Hello," he said, drowsily, putting the phone up to his ear.

"Hey it's me," said Belle's gentle voice. "I had to call you, I've missed you too much."

Aden grinned and sat up straight in the chair. "I've missed you too."

"I'm going to tell Max about us tomorrow!"

Aden could tell by her tone that she was nervous.

"Babe, it'll be alright," said Aden, supportively. "I can be there with you if you want?"

"No I'll be alright," she said. "I don't want Max to have his heart broken and get charged for murder on the same day!"

Aden chuckled lightly. "You really think he'll take it that bad?"

Belle sighed. "I don't know. Let's hope not."

Aden nodded to himself. "What about Faith?"

"Well, she'll have to be told tomorrow too, I guess," said Belle. "It wouldn't be fair. Gossip spreads like fire in this town. I'd hate for her to find out from someone else!"

"Someone like Colleen you mean?" said Aden, grinning.

Belle laughed. "Exactly. Shoot, I have to go! I can here someone coming down the stairs!"

"Ok, bye, I love you!"

"I love you too," she whispered, and then the phone line went abruptly dead.

Aden sat staring at the phone for a few minutes, hoping Belle would ring back. After realising she wouldn't, he got up and turned off all the lights, and traipsed slowly up the stairs.

"Mum, the bus is outside! I gotta go!"

"Ok honey, take care," said Belle, as Faith grabbed her bag. "I'll see you later."

"Bye Dad!" said Faith as she opened the front door.

"Bye honey!" said Max, calling from the kitchen.

"So, what do you want to do today?" asked Max, walking over to Belle and wrapping his arms around her waist. "I can already think of a couple of things."

Gently Belle removed his arms and walked over to the counter, keeping her back turned to him.

"Actually Max, there's something I have to tell you," she said, slowly. "And I'm not sure how you're going to take it."

Max looked at her warily. "What is it?"

"Why don't you sit down?" suggested Belle, indicating towards the living room.

Max sat down slowly, his eyes slightly angry looking. "So?"

"Um, well," said Belle, fidgeting with the strap of her dressing gown. Right then she wished Aden was with her.

"Well, you know how Aden came back a few weeks ago," she began.

"Yes," said Max, his tone angry.

Belle took in a deep breath. "Well, you've obviously heard about our relationship history…"

"Yes."

Belle winced. She knew Max was doing this on purpose. She didn't doubt that he knew what she meant already. He was trying to make it harder for her by making her say it aloud.

"Well, he and I, well, we never really stopped…loving each other so we…"

"Yes."

"Max for God's sake, stop this!" said Belle, turning to her enraged soon-to-be ex – husband. "This is painful enough as it is!"

Max glared at her. "You deserve every bit of it."

Belle, shocked by his response, forgot to what say.

"You think of haven't seen you flirting with him every time he's around," said Max, standing up and walking towards her.

"You think I haven't seen the look that's in your eyes when he stares at you!"

"Max, I –

"You think I didn't notice any of it," he shouted. "What kind of a fool do you take me for?"

"No Max, I never –

"Well you were wrong!" You selfish, back stabbing little *****!"

Belle say him raise his arm. Without even having time for her to close her eyes, Max swung his arm forward and smacked her across the face.

Belle fell to her feet with shock. Max glared down at her maliciously. Reaching down, he grabbed her arm.

"You are a disgusting little slut, Belle Taylor!"

"Get your hands off her!"

Belle turned her head to see Aden storming into the kitchen and straight for Max.

Belle pulled her arm free out of Max's grip as Aden swung his back forward and punched him in the nose.

Max staggered backwards due to the force, as Aden lifted Belle up carefully in his arms.

"Let's get you out of here," he said, walking her quickly to the front door.

Belle, who had her face covered with her hand, simply nodded. Aden, realising that she couldn't walk, lifted her up with both his arms, and carried her out.

Once they reached Roman's place, Aden carefully sat Belle down on the sofa and then proceeded to try make her take her hand down from her face.

"Babe, c'mon I need to see it!"

Belle, who had not uttered one word since the Beach House, lowered her hand down carefully, letting Aden see the result of Max's punch.

The right side of her face was all black and blue, and swollen looking, noted Aden as he dabbed it with a wet sponge.

Meanwhile, as the shock sunk in, a few tears trickled down Belle's cheeks.

"Are you ok?" asked Aden, softly, as he rubbed the good side of her face with the back of his hand.

Belle nodded her head for a fraction of a second, and then leaned in to Aden's chest.

He wrapped his arm around her waist, as she laid her head against his shoulder.

His steady breathing soothed her, the smell of his aftershave made her feel more at home.

After a few minutes, she carefully pulled away from his chest and looked into his eyes.

"Thank you," she said, softly.

Aden smiled and kissed her forehead lightly. "I love you."

"Faith?" she asked questioningly.

Aden nodded, pulling his phone out of his pocket. "I'll call the school and inform them about the situation after I call the police."

"The police?" asked Belle, confused.

"Babe, we're not going to let Max get away with this," he said indicating to her bruise.

Belle nodded and rested her head against Aden's chest.

"Angelo, this is Aden," he said, into the phone. "I need to make a complaint."

"Excuse me, Mrs McGrath, the Principal would like to see Faith Taylor please!"

Faith looked up from her Maths book. The Principal??

"Faith, you may be excused," said the teacher.

Cautiously, Faith got up from her seat and followed the girl with the long ponytail out the door.

"Ah Faith," said the receptionist, smiling at her. "You can just go straight in."

Faith smiled lightly and opened the Principal's door carefully.

Miles Copeland looked up from his notes and smiled.

"Faith, please take a seat."

Faith sat down and looked at the Principal, her expression one of worry.

"Now, we got a call about ten minutes from Aden Jefferies, is this name familiar to you?"

Faith nodded. "Yes, he's a friend of my Mum's. Why?"

"Well I'm afraid your Mum's in hospital."

"What?" cried Faith, clapping her hand to her mouth. "What happened?"

"I'm afraid your father assaulted her."

Faith gasped. "Dad? But why?"

"I'm afraid I don't know, but you've been given permission to leave school to go straight to see your Mother in the hospital."

"How will I get there?"

"I'm going to drive you," said Miles getting up from his seat.

"Thank you so much, Principal Copeland."

"Save the thanks for another time, let's get going."

"How will I tell her Aden?" asked Belle, as Aden sat down on the hospital bed beside her. "She's going to hate me."

"She will not hate you!" said Aden, as Belle played with his fingers. "She is going to be frustrated though. But don't worry I'll be here to help you."

Belle smiled, and then winced.

"Are you ok?" asked Aden, leaning forward hastily.

"Yeah," said Belle, dismissively. "It just hurts to smile that's all."

Aden grimaced. "You are so brave you know."

Belle laughed. "Hardly."

"Yes you are," said Aden. "You were brave enough to tell him on your own. Not many people could do that."

"Not many people have to do that Aden," said Belle, looking at him sceptically. "But I don't regret doing it once. I love you too much."

Aden smiled and leaned forward and kissed her lightly, as Faith came running into the room, her face pale, and her blue eyes fully of worry.

"Mum! Thank God, you're alright!" she said, leaning forward and hugging Belle tightly.

She pulled away and sat down on the bed beside Aden.

"Principal Copeland told me it was Dad…who did this! Is it true?"

Belle looked at Aden briefly and then breathed in deeply.

"In answer to your question, yes Max did hit me, but there is more to that story darling."

Faith frowned. "What do you mean?" Belle nodded. "Faith I want you to listen to me now, and I don't want you to interrupt. I want you to hold your questions until after I'm finished."

"Ok."

"Ok so, Aden told you that we use to date right?"

Faith nodded.

"Well there's more to that. Aden left the bay thirteen years ago to travel, and to work. I wanted to stay behind, so we decided to split up."

Aden smiled at Belle proudly.

"It was shortly after Aden left that I met Max, but before that, I discovered something wonderful."

Belle looked and Aden, and he nodded encouragingly.

"I discovered I was pregnant."

Faith gasped and clapped her hand to her mouth, but said nothing.

"I was still hurting after Aden left, and then after discovering I was about to become a single Mum, left me feeling scared. So, when Max came along…"

"You pretended I was his baby," finished Faith, staring into space.

Belle looked at Aden nervously, but he was focused on Faith's face.

"So does that mean," said Faith, turning slowly to look at Aden. "That you're my father?"

Aden nodded, and smiled at Faith nervously.

"There's more though," continued Belle, watching her daughter's expression.

"More?!" said Faith, in disbelief. "Your not going to tell me I have a twin brother now are you?"

Belle shook her head, while Aden laughed lightly. "No it's nothing like that."

"Well it's just your…Dad and I have decided to get back together," said Belle, slowly, smiling at Aden.

"And when your Mum went to tell Max this morning," finished Aden. "He wasn't too impressed."

"Ok so let me get this straight," said Faith, holding her hands out in front of her.

"You're my Dad," she stated, pointing to Aden.

"And now the two of you," she said; now pointing at Belle. "Are getting back together?"

"Yes," said Aden and Belle together.

"Right, ok," said Faith slowly.

"I'm sorry I never told you sweety," said Belle, taking her daughter's hand. "I never thought Aden would come back to the bay, and I didn't want to hurt you by telling you, you had a Dad who you would never meet."

"But you're going to stay now?" Faith asked Aden, warily.

Aden nodded. "My work has transferred me back here. When I tell them I have family, they are obliged to keep me within the vicinity, permanently."

Faith shook her head. "Sorry, it's just hard trying to get my head around it."

"There's no pressure, Faith," Aden told her sincerely. "You don't have to call me Dad if you don't want to, and –

"No it's not that!" exclaimed Faith. "I just can't believe you two are getting back together after all these years. You must really love each other."

Aden and Belle grinned at each other.

"They're aren't words to explain how much I love your Mother, Faith."

"Ok, now that's just disgusting," said Faith, as Aden leaned in and kissed Belle passionately.

"I can see we're going to have a problem, over you not embarrassing me Dad!"

Aden looked at Faith surprised.

"Dad?"

Faith smiled. "That's what you are isn't it?"

Aden grinned and leaned over and hugged Faith tightly. "I promise I will never leave you again."

Faith smiled as Aden kissed her on the cheek.

Aden grinned at his daughter, and her mother as he pulled away.

Having Faith, and Belle was one of the best things that had ever happened to him in his entire life.

Thanks for reading!!

...xXx

Max... :angry: I knew he was going to do something, but was so glad that Aden got there, otherwise there could have been more drama! I really hope he doesn't cause more in the future, though I can see an imteresting storyline if he wants to keep on having a relationship with Faith. Absolutely loved that ending with Faith calling Aden 'Dad' and her finding everything out. Hope you post more soon, please.

Archived