Having Faith

Guest LauraPhilly!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your comments..!!

Here's the next chapter!!

Chapter 18

"Where is he? Can I see him?" asked Belle, sitting up in the bed.

"He's in recovery now," said Ruby, putting a restraining arm on Belle's shoulder. "You can go see him in a few minutes."

"No, I have to see him now, please Rubes," begged Belle.

"Look, you can't go in with all these wires attached to you," said Ruby. "Let me take them off and then you can go into him."

Belle frowned, but fell back against the pillow, and fidgeted impatiently while Ruby wheeled away the monitor.

"Ok, you can go see him now."

"Finally!" said Belle, swinging around.

"Hey, take it easy," warned Ruby. "You almost had a miscarriage."

"And I'll have another one if I don't see Aden soon, Ruby," snapped Belle.

Ruby frowned at her but led her Mattie to the recovery room.

"Aren't you coming in Mattie?" asked Belle, as she pushed open the door.

"No, it's ok, I'll wait out here," said Mattie, indicating towards a chair down the corridor.

Belle nodded and walked through the door.

She gasped as she saw Aden attached to what seemed a hundred buzzing monitors. Wires were attached to arms and his chest was wrapped in a thick white bandage.

Belle went over slowly, and sat down beside Aden's bed, and took his hand gingerly.

"Hey," she said, smiling at his closed eyes.

"You scared me there," she said, as she kissed his palm.

"I thought I was going to lose you," she said, a few tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Almost lost the baby you know," she said. "But I kept thinking of you, and what you were doing, so I did the same. I fought to keep our baby. And I did it, like you did!"

Belle chuckled as cried a few more tears.

"I love you so much," she said, holding his hand up to her cheek.

"And I can't wait for you to wake up so I can hear your voice."

Then laying her head against his chest, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

Faith burst into tears again as she opened her eyes and looked out into the darkness.

The nightmare that she thought was a dream was actually reality.

She quivered in fear as she heard someone in the shadows moving towards her.

Then suddenly, Max swooped in front, and ripped the duck tape off her mouth.

Faith burst into tears as her lips went on fire.

"Oh shut up," said Max, as he spat at her.

"Max, please, stop this," cried Faith. "Please."

"I will stop, once your selfish father gives me what I want," said Max, as he circled the wooden pole Faith was tied to.

"If you let me speak to him, I'll make him give it too you."

"That's complete bull****!" roared Max. "You know perfectly well your father is probably dead. I saw my bullet hit him, I saw him collapse in his own pool of blood!"

"Stop! Stop!" cried Faith. "Please stop! He can't be dead, he just can't be."

"Why, because you've just found him?" snarled Max. "You've just found your real father."

"Max, please," begged Faith. "I loved you when I thought you were my Dad. I mightn't have said it but it's true."

"Like hell it is."

"Max, it's the truth," cried Faith. "I would have still loved you, still felt sorry for you if you hadn't....hadn't attacked Mum."

"Yeah, well, she turned out ok," spat Max. "She still managed to get knocked up!"

Faith looked away. Max grabbed her face, forcing him to look at her.

"You look at me when I'm talking to you!" he roared.

Then he smacked her across the face, her face flinging to the side due to the force. Her knees trembled and she collapsed onto the floor. As he turned away, Faith saw a glint on the ground by her toes.

Glass.

A jagged piece of glass.

"So," she said,trying to cause a distraction as she tried to grab the piece with her toes. "You thought of a new plan to get the money yet, what with my Dad possibly being...dead."

"What would you care?" asked Max, his back still turned to her. "All you want is to go home to Mummy and grieve over your precious pony."

"Lady had nothing to do with this," said Faith, angrily, tears rolling down her face. "You had no right to..."

"Yeah well she's dead now, so who gives a damn!" he roared, turning around to look at her, his eyes venemous.

Faith nodded, while she tried to tear away the duck tape which held her hands behind her back.

Max turned away. Meanwhile, Faith had ripped apart the duck tape.

"Max, could you please open the door?" she said, indicating towards the boarded up front door. "I feel really sick."

"No."

"Please," she begged.

He narrowed his eyes at her, but went over and busted the door open.

Faith sighed as she felt the breeze flow through the room.

As Max turned away, she crouched up on her knees.

"Hey Max, did I ever tell you how fast I was at running?" she said, as she prepared to spring.

"No, why?" he said, turning slightly to look at her.

"Yeah well here's the proof!"

Then she jumped up and sprinted out the open door.

"HEY!" roared Max, running after her.

But Faith was already miles away. She ran deep in the bush, making sure she was well hidden. As she ran, the branches grabbed onto her clothes, ripping them apart.

The sharp nettles stung her face, leaving deep grazes, but Faith didn't care. She just wanted to get away as fast as possible.

Then breathless and crippling of starvation, she stumbled into a field, collapsed onto her knees, curled up into a ball and fainted.

Meanwhile, a few minutes away, a young brown - haired boy opened the farm gate. He waited for his border collie to follow him and. He closed the gate. Then as he walked through the field, trying to find his father's sheep, he saw a heap down towards the end of the field.

His dog started barking.

The as he got closer, he saw a blonde haired person hidden under the grass.

Thanks for reading..!!

...xXx

This chapter was posted early, especially for amz89!!

Hope it was worth the wait (i apologise if it wasn't!)

Chapter 19

Aden winced as he felt a stiffness running from his chest right through to his body.

He lifted his hand woodenly and ran his hand down his chest. He winced as his hand hit the bandage lightly.

It was only then, when she jumped up, that he realised Belle was asleep beside him.

"Wuzzgoinon?" she asked groggily.

Then she realised Aden was awake.

"Aden! Aden, oh my God, your awake!" she said, jumping up and grabbing his face, peppering him with kisses.

"Babe, careful, it hurts," he said, wincing.

"Oh, oh I'm sorry," she said, pulling away, keeping all hands away from his bandage.

"Your ok," he said, smiling at her. "I'm so glad to see you."

"Oh sweety, I'm so glad that you're ok!" she said, sitting down and taking his hand in hers.

They smiled at each other.

Then Aden looked at her seriously.

"Faith?"

Belle's eyes filled with tears.

Aden's heart fell.

"She's not –

"No, she isn't," said Belle, quickly. "But, they haven't found anything. Nicole and Geoff are down in the station now. They said they'd call if anything came up."

Aden nodded, although his stomach was twisting with anxiety inside of him.

Belle sighed. "I almost lost the baby."

Aden looked at her, his eyes wide with shock.

"What!"

"Yeah," said Belle.

"Everything's fine though," she added quickly, as Aden's eyes darted from her face to her bump anxiously. "I had come in for a ultrasound, then you came in and it all went downhill from there."

"Your sure everything's ok?" asked Aden, panicky.

"Yeah, positive," said Belle, smiling weakly. "I just have to be really careful from now on. Mounted stress and anxiety could bring it on again so…"

"Our current situation doesn't help, does it?" asked Aden, grimly.

Belle shook her head. "No it definitely doesn't."

They smiled at each other. Belle leaned forward and kissed him lightly.

"I love you," she said, squeezing his hand.

Aden squeezed back. "Love you too."

Conor sprinted through the field, Jessie already standing beside the blonde girl, barking frantically.

"Jessie, shh," said Conor, as he bent down beside the girl.

As Conor gently lifted the girl from the ground, the Border collie beside him whimpered and jumped around on the spot.

Slowly they walked back together, Conor trying as carefully as possible not to jolt the young girl in his arms.

As they walked back into the farmyard, he saw his Grandma scattering chicken feed onto the ground.

"Oh Conor, your – my God, what's happened?" she said, rushing over, her face white as she examined the girl in Conor's arms.

"I found her in the east field, Grandma," said Conor, as the old lady led him through to the kitchen.

"Wow, what's this?"

"Joe, Conor found this poor girl in our east field," said the old lady, as Conor's grandfather walked into the kitchen.

"Tabitha, you don't just find girls in fields," said Joe, rolling his eyes, as Conor laid the girl down carefully onto the armchair.

"The poor thing," said Tabitha as she bent down and pulled the girl's hair gently away from her face. "She's been through the mill, and she looks absolutely exhausted."

"Can we keep her here until she gets better?" asked Conor eagerly.

"We've nowhere to put her," said Joe, as he lit his pipe.

"She can sleep in my room," said Conor, as he kneeled down beside the girl's head. "I can sleep in here."

"We should really bring her to the hospital," said Tabitha, quietly.

"Oh no please Grandma, let her stay here," begged Conor. "Just until she's better. Besides, the nearest hospital is in Summer Bay, and it'll be dark by the time we drive there. Please let her stay here, please!"

Tabitha looked at her grandson's puppy dog eyes, sighed and nodded her head.

"Fine," she said, as Conor grinned appreciatively. "But if she isn't awake by the morning, we're taking her to the hospital."

"Fine," said Conor, as he carefully slipped his arms under the girl's slight body and lifted her up.

He slowly carried her to his room, and laid her down on his bed. Staring into her face, even though her eyes were closed, he could tell that something really bad had happened to her.

It was then and there that Conor promised himself, and especially this blonde angel in front of him, that he would be there for her.

Conor had never been great with the girls. Sent from rural Ireland to Australia when he was ten, he had really had a chance.

He went to school every day, and then rushed home to help his Grandad and Grandma on the farm. He didn't mind, he loved his Grandparents to the core.

They had willingly accepted him into their family, when his parents were going through their rough divorce.

He had only ever returned home to Ireland once since he had left four years ago. It was then he realised how much he had missed it.

It was then he decided that he was going to back to Ireland to study law when he left school. Maybe reconnect with his parents and cousins. He missed them, more than he could say.

"Conor, the sheep still need moving from the east field," said his grandma quietly as she came in carrying a clean nightdress, a washbasin and a flannel.

She smiled when she saw her Grandson sitting beside his bed, staring into the face of the girl.

"She'll be alright," she reassured him, as he stood up. "She's just exhausted no doubt. I'll clean her up and get her into bed."

Conor smiled at his grandma, took once last look at the girl sound asleep on his bed, and walked out the door.

Faith awoke with a sudden.

She remembered seeing Lady being shot, she remembered hearing the bullet from Max's gun, and she remembered the sound her Dad made as he hit the ground in pain.

She remembered running, escaping from Max. She remembered stumbling through a bush.

She vaguely remembered collapsing.

She didn't remember however wandering into someone's house and sleeping in there bed.

It was then Faith heard the chicken's clucking outside, the distant sound of a horse neighing and a cow mooing.

She sat up in bed slowly, trying to ignore the searing pain that was running up her left leg.

Her eyes darted quickly to her door as it creaked open and a young brown haired boy peeped his head around the frame.

"Oh I'm sorry," he said, disappearing again.

"No, wait," said Faith calling out to him.

There was a pause, then the door swung open slowly and the brown haired boy stepped into the room.

He smiled at her.

She smiled back nervously.

"Um…where am I?"

The boy frowned. "Can't you remember?"

"Well, I don't remember coming here, if that's what you mean," said Faith.

"I found you in our field," said the boy coming and sitting on the edge of the bed. "You were passed out, in pretty bad condition too. I was scared you were dead for awhile."

"You found me and brought me here," said Faith, smiling at him.

"Well, I wasn't going to leave you in our field now was I," he said, chuckling lightly.

He smiled at her, and held out his hand.

"I'm Conor."

Faith smiled and took his hand.

"My name is Faith."

Conor looked at her in awe. "Faith. That's such a beautiful name."

Faith blushed. "I'm glad you think so. You can thank my mother, she chose it."

Then everything came back to Faith.

"Oh my God, Mum!" she said, jumping out of the bed quickly.

She regretted this immediately. The searing pain that was already burning dully in her leg, set alight again as she put pressure on her left leg.

"Wow, careful," said Conor, as he caught her just before she fell.

"Thanks," said Faith, hastily, as Conor lowered her back onto the bed. "Conor, I need to use a phone. I need to call my Mum."

"Yeah, she's bound to be worried," said Conor, as he walked to the locker in the corner, and took his phone from the top drawer. "By the way, what were you doing out in out field anyway?"

"My ex-step-father kidnapped me," said Faith, bitterness running through her every word.

"He what?" asked Conor in disbelief as he handed Faith the phone.

Faith nodded then growled as she read the phone screen.

"Damn it, no signal!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot," said Conor, looking at her anxiously.

"Remember that storm that hit here a few days ago?"

"I heard about it yeah," said Faith, worried to where this conversation was going.

"Well all phone lines in the immediate area are down," said Conor, looking at her remorselessly. "And our road is blocked too by a tree that fell down. Grandad said the firemen won't be able to move it for a few days because of all the flooding."

"Well this is just dreadful," said Faith, wringing her hair with her hands. "My Mum, Dad and everyone else probably think I'm all dead by now!"

"Look, when your leg is better, we can walk to the nearest police station and get them to call, how's that?" said Conor smiling at her.

Faith looked into his eyes, and couldn't help smiling herself.

"Right, well you stay here," said Conor, standing up, still grinning from ear to ear. "I'll go tell Grandma and Grandad your awake and then bring you some breakfast."

Faith smiled and then leaned forward, grabbed Conor's shirt, pulled him down and kissed him lightly on the cheek.

"Thanks Conor," she said, smiling at him.

Conor turned around quickly, trying to hide the fact that he was blushing.

"I'll be back in a minute," he said, closing the quietly quietly leaving a particularly happy Faith behind him.

Hope you like it..!!

Let me know what you think..!!

Thanks for reading..!!

...xXx

Thank you Thank you Thank you...

What a great way to come home too. Awesome.. Thanks for the dedication.

Loved it how the family is helping Faith, hope she finds Adelle soon.

Can't wait for next update.

Archived