Having Faith

Guest LauraPhilly!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your lovely comments!!

Here's the next chapter!

Chapter 8

"Jury, have you reached your decision?" asked the Judge, indicating towards the row of seated men and women.

"We have your honour," said a tall lady with blonde hair as she stood up.

"The Jury finds the defendant, Max Towers, guilty!"

Belle sighed in relief while Aden squeezed her hand.

"In this case," continued the Judge, speaking now directly to Max. "The Court of Criminal Abuse and Assault sentences the defendant to 5 years in jail, and a 1 year good behaviour bond."

Belle watched Max stood up.

Before the police could lead him out of the courtroom, he turned and glared over at Belle and Aden.

"You two haven't seen the last of me!" he swore. "I swear, you two will pay for what you did to me. D'you hear that Belle Taylor? You will pay!"

Belle watched her ex – husband in shock as the police lead him hastily out of the room before he could say another word.

Aden watched her expression warily but didn't say anything until they got outside.

"Are you ok?" he asked, taking her face in his hands.

She breathed in and nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Don't listen to Max, he was only trying to scare you."

"Yeah I know."

Aden, his eyes still glued on her face, let it go and they walked slowly out of the courthouse.

Then as they reached the car park, Belle saw her bruises in the car window and she broke in tears, collapsing into Aden's chest, grabbing his shirt for support.

"Babe, hey, what's wrong?" asked Aden, frantically, wrapping his arms around her.

"What if he comes back Aden?" cried Belle, in between sobbing. "What if he comes back to hurt Faith? I can't lose my baby!"

"Hey, he's gone, ok, he's gone," reassured Aden, stroking her hair. "He's gone to jail for a long time, and if he's smart, he'll stay away when he comes out. I will never let him hurt you, or Faith ever."

Belle smiled weakly through her tears, and touched Aden's cheek with her small fingers.

"I love you."

Aden smiled. "You are my life."

"So, what was the verdict?" asked Irene, as she placed Belle's coffee on the table.

Aden looked at Belle, who was laying her head against his chest. She nodded reassuringly, and he looked back up at Irene.

"5 years in jail, and 12 months community service."

"Well that horrible man deserves every bit," said Colleen. "How dare he think he come just come in and hit Belle like that. It's not her fault. Everyone knew she and Aden would fall for each other again!"

Belle chuckled, but Aden looked around at everyone, surprised.

"You all thought that?"

Irene looked at Leah, who looked up at Roman.

"You two are pretty predictable," said Roman, with a smile.

"But Roman," said Colleen. "You said yesterday it was because of their passion and amazing chemistry –

"Colleen don't you have dishes that need soaking?" asked Leah, quickly.

"Oh yes, I do," said Colleen, and she bustled off to the kitchen.

"Now that was awkward," said Belle, as she sat back against the chair.

They all laughed, and Aden smiled as she saw Leah slide her arm around Roman's waist.

"You two still going strong then"? he asked her.

Roman and Leah exchanged a quick smile at each other.

"Stronger than ever," said Leah.

"And we've got a little surprise actually," said Roman, taking Leah's hand.

There was silence for a moment, and then Belle gasped.

"Oh my God, you're engaged!"

Then everyone gasped. Leah blushed, and hid her face in Roman's chest.

"When did you propose?" Irene asked Roman.

"Last night," said Roman, as Leah hugged him tighter.

Irene gasped and hit Leah's arm lightly.

"And you didn't tell me! Oh, now I feel so horrible for giving you a lecture about taking time off work this morning! I'm so sorry!"

"Irene, it's ok," reassured Leah. "You weren't to know.

"So let's see it!" demanded Belle, indicating to the ring.

Leah smiled and stretched her left arm forward.

"Oh, it's so beautiful!" exclaimed Belle.

"That is hot!" added Aden.

"I can't believe you two are getting married!" cried Irene. "It's just unbelievable!"

"Yeah, I was a bit surprised by the thought too," admitted Leah.

"But now we're happier than ever!"

"Oh darl, I'm so happy for you," said Irene, pulling Leah into a tight hug.

"So are we guys," added Belle.

Aden nodded. "Congrats!"

Roman smiled at them. "Thanks guys, your support means lot."

As Irene started talking to them about names, Belle turned to Aden.

"Imagine if we got married. Wouldn't that be great!"

Aden nodded. "It would. But let's not get carried away babe, we just got back together."

"Oh I know," said Belle, as she looped one arm around his neck. "I'm just fantasising."

"How about you fantasising getting up and coming shopping with me?" asked Aden, pulling on her arm lightly. "I think you'll find I haven't bought you something expensive in years!"

"Aden no!" cried Belle, grabbing his arm as he stood up. "I don't want you spending unnecessary amounts of money on me!"

"Too late, I'm already in the zone! C'mon, I'll buy you whatever you want!"

"Aden, no! Your budget is to be 10 dollars ok," said Belle, as he pulled her up.

"Babe, your not worth 10 dollars," said Aden, sincerely, as they walked out into the blazing sun.

"True, but that's still not an excuse!"

"Belle, please. For me," pleaded Aden.

Belle looked into his puppy dog eyes, the sun making them sparkle like sapphires.

"Ok fine," she said, sighing in defeat.

"But just this once!"

Aden grinned at her, and pulled her towards the car.

"Now your sure you like it?" Aden asked Belle for what seemed the millionth time.

"Aden, it's beautiful of course I like it," said Belle, as she admired the blue diamond bracelet that hung from her wrist. "I love it, in fact."

"As much as you love me?" he asked, as he sat down beside her.

"God no," said Belle, still admiring the bracelet. "I love this way more!"

"Hey, that hurts," said Aden, touching his chest.

"I'm kidding," said Belle, dropping her wrist to her lap. "I love you more than words can comprehend."

"It still hurts," said Aden, rubbing his chest mockingly.

Belle's eyes narrowed and then walked over, and sat behind him.

"Maybe this'll help."

She leaned forward, looping her arms around his neck. Gently she pulled him in towards her, and pressed a kiss to his full lips.

As she pulled away he frowned.

"A bit more I think."

She grinned, leaned in and kissed him passionately, pushing him back against the armrest.

He responded by wrapping his arms around her waist, holding her to him tightly. Pushing her back, she rolled off onto the carpet.

She laughed as he rolled on top of her.

"Are you sure Roman wouldn't mind us making out on his carpet?" she asked, as he peppered her neck with kisses.

He looked into her eyes and grinned.

"What Roman doesn't know can't hurt him!"

Belle laughed but was silenced quickly as Aden claimed her lips. She moaned as his arm slid beneath her top and undid her bra strap.

Belle felt Aden shiver lightly as she ran her arm down his toned, muscled stomach. He groaned and kissed her harder.

They drew apart quickly as the door burst open and Nicole came walking in, followed quickly by Geoff.

Neither of them noticed Aden and Belle who quickly hid behind the large sofa.

"Nicole, please, talk me."

Nicole turned to face Geoff, and Aden and Belle quickly noticed that she was crying.

"There's nothing to talk about Geoff, we can't be together anymore."

"Nicole, it was a mistake, it'll never happen again!" cried Geoff, desperately.

Nicole shook her head, as tears poured from her eyes.

"You don't get it do you Geoff? I can't trust you anymore. I can't believe you slept with her Geoff. You knew she was a slut."

"It was just a moment of weakness Nicole, please!" said Geoff, his eyes sparkling with tears.

"I don't care what it was Geoff, it doesn't change anything. You've thrown away everything that we had," cried Nicole. "Everything!"

"Nic –

"Just go Geoff," said Nicole, turning away. "Just go."

"Nic please!"

"I said go, Geoff!"

Geoff looked at her pleadingly, but Nicole just turned away and walked into the kitchen.

Geoff turned and walked towards the door; Aden and Belle were shocked by how pale he was.

Luckily for them, Geoff had left the front door open, so they were able to slip out without Nicole seeing them.

"Oh I feel so bad!" said Belle, as they reached the beach house.

"Yeah I know," agreed Aden. "We're lucky Nic didn't catch us after Geoff left though. We would have been toast!"

"Yeah, lucky," said Belle as she collapsed into her favourite armchair.

"Mum! Dad! Is that you?" called Faith, from upstairs.

"Yeah, we're done here honey," said Aden, as he put on the kettle.

"Why are you home so early?" asked Belle, when Faith walked into the kitchen.

"Teacher was out sick," said Faith. The she saw Belle's bracelet.

"Wow, Mum where did you get that bracelet? It's beautiful!"

Belle smiled as Faith touched the little blue diamonds gently with her fingers.

"Your father got it for me."

"Wow, Dad," said Faith, as Aden grinned at her.

"Consider that 13 years worth of presents!" said Aden, handing Belle her mug of coffee.

Faith smiled at her parents fondly as Aden pressed a kiss to Belle's forehead.

"All you two need to do now is get married!"

"Talking about marriage," said Aden, quickly. "Guess who got engaged yesterday?"

"Who?" asked Faith, quickly.

Belle chuckled as she saw Faith's eyes flicker briefly to her mother's left hand.

"Leah and Roman!"

"They did! Oh that's great!" cried Faith. "They are so cute together!"

Aden chuckled as Belle looked at her daughter suspiciously. Faith avoided her eyes.

"Your hiding something missy," said Belle. "Spit it out!"

"Ok, ok," said Faith, grinning. "I have the biggest gossip ever. You know Mr Campbell, my Math's teacher right."

"Yes," said Aden, cautiously, afraid where this was going.

"Well, Mr Campbell slept with one of the Year 10 students!"

Belle gasped while Aden groaned quietly. That had been the girl Nicole was talking about earlier, he said to himself.

Belle looked up at Aden, worry running through her eyes. Aden knew they were both thinking the same thing; they would have to go visit Nicole.

"Faith, darling, will you be alright on your own for a few hours right," said Aden, as Belle grabbed the car keys.

"Yeah of course," said Faith. "But where are you guys going."

"We'll tell you later," said Belle. "Call us if you need us ok!"

"Ok, bye," said Faith, worriedly, as Aden and Belle walked quickly out the front door.

"I hope she's alright," said Belle, as Aden knocked on the door.

"Who's there?"

Belle looked up at Aden, shocked. Nicole sounded so sick.

"Nic, it's us," said Belle, softly. "Please let us in."

The door swung open, and Nicole stood standing in the doorway, her face red from crying.

At seeing them, she burst into tears again, and collapsed into Aden's arms.

Gently them carried her to the sofa, and laid her head down against the pillows.

Belle sat beside her head, running her fingers gently through Nicole's blonde hair. Aden sat beside her, rubbing her back reassuringly.

"Nic, tell us what's wrong please?" asked Belle, gently.

Nicole let out another few sobs, then sniffed.

"That girl Geoff slept with," she said.

"Yes," said Belle, softly, reaching out and talking her hand.

"She's pregnant."

Belle looked up at Aden slowly, his expression the image of hers; shock, horror, worry, anger, all mixed together.

They were speechless.

Belle looked down at Nicole again who had resumed sobbing quietly.

She had nothing to say to comfort her friend.

She knew anything that she could say, would be of no comfort to her.

So, she just sat there, hoping that hers and Aden's presence alone would be enough to comfort Nicole, while her heart broke apart and bled fluently.

Belle's bracelet

Thanks for reading..!!

...xXx

Archived