Having Faith

Guest LauraPhilly!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your comments on the last chapter!!

Here's chapter 4!!

Chapter 4

“Mum please!”

“No Faith,” said Belle, as she sat watching the tv. “I’m not letting you go! Your too young to go clubbing!”

“Mum, everyone’s going please!” begged Faith, desperately.

“No! Now stop badgering me or I won’t pay for Lady’s new saddle!” said Belle, glaring up at her daughter.

Faith glared back at her mother; she always knew her soft spots.

“Grrr, your so annoying!” she screamed, turning around and storming out the door.

Not really caring where she was going, Faith walked rather speedily down the path towards the town.

She didn’t even see Aden until she bumped into him and his coffee spilled all over his shirt.

“Oh my God, Aden, I’m so sorry!” she cried, slapping her hand to her mouth in horror.

“It’s alright Faith, don’t worry,” he said. Then he looked at her closely. “Are you ok, you seem a bit flustered?”

Oh I’m fine really,” she said. “Are you sure your ok. I’m sorry about your shirt. How about you come home? You can borrow one of my Dad’s!”

“No, it’s ok, I’ll go back to my place,” he said.

“Do you want to come with me?” he asked, still slightly anxious over her facial expression. “You look like you need the company.”

Faith smiled. “Thanks Aden, I’d love to!”

When they back to Roman’s place, Aden ran upstairs to change his shirt while Faith made tea in the kitchen.

The quietness of the place had a calming effect on Faith, or maybe that was just the warm tea running down her throat and into her tummy.

“Faith!”

“Coming!” said Faith, picking up the two mugs and carrying them into the front room.

“Thank you,” said Aden, taking the steaming mug of tea.

“Now,” he said, as Faith sat down on the sofa opposite him. “Do you want to tell me what was troubling you?”

Faith looked at Aden cautiously. She barely knew this guy but something about him reassured her that he was simply worried about her. While her friends would have found this creepy, Faith was pretty ok with it.

“Oh it’s nothing really,” she said, watching the ripples in her mug of tea. “I wanted to go to a disco, but Mum thinks I’m too young. And I have to go along with it because she said she would stop paying for Lady’s equipment!”

“Lady?” asked Aden.

“Oh,” said Faith her blue eyes lighting up. “She’s my horse! Connemara mare, 15 hands high. I must show her to you sometime, she’s so beautiful.”

“I would very much like to meet her,” said Aden, grinning.

Faith laughed.

“Don’t worry about your Mum,” reassured Aden. “She’s a softy deep down. You just have to know how to soften her up!”

Faith frowned at him in confusion. “How d’you know so much about my Mum?”

“We once dated, did she never tell you?”

Faith shook her head. “Mum rarely talks about the past. She doesn’t believe much good comes from relieving memories.”

From the way Faith said this, Aden knew she was slightly upset.

“Don’t give you Mum too hard a time Faith,” he said. “She’s been through a lot. I’d say its maybe just to hard for her to remember what happened all those years ago.”

Faith nodded. “It’s odd really,” she said, looking past him and out the window. “You know more about Mum than even Dad does. Mum hardly tells him anything!”

Aden frowned. “D’you know why that is?”

Faith shrugged. “It’s getting kinda awkward at home. Mum and Dad have been arguing a lot, but then whenever I came into the room they stop. The awkward silences are horrible though.”

“When did this start?”

“A few weeks ago I think.”

Aden gulped nervously. He had come home only three weeks ago and since then, he and Belle were spending most of their free time together. It was almost like Aden had never left the bay.

“I think I better get home,” said Faith, standing up. “Thank you Aden…for listening to me. It helps having someone to talk to.”

Aden smiled. “I’m always around if you want to talk again. Maybe you should talk to your Dad too!”

Faith smiled faded.

“Did I say something wrong?” said Aden, standing up.

“Well I’ve never really got on with my Dad,” admitted Faith. “I love him like, but I’d never be able to talk to him like I just have with you.”

“Well I’m privileged that you feel you can confide in me, Faith,” said Aden kindly. “And I’m always here if you ever want to talk again.”

“Thanks Aden,” she said, walking to the door. “That means a lot.”

“Anytime,” said Aden, leaning on the open front door.

“Oh,” said Faith, as she stepped outside the front door. “I’m competing in a show jumping competition this weekend with Lady. It’s on the outskirts of the town. Would you like to come?”

Aden smiled. “I would be delighted to.”

Faith beamed at him. “Great, well I’ll see you around Aden.”

“Bye Faith,” he said, watching her walk down the path towards the road.

When she had disappeared out of sight, Aden closed the door and sat down on the sofa again. Groaning with frustration, he put his head in his hands.

The thoughts that were now running through his mind were ones Aden didn’t even want to contemplate.

But the more he thought about it, the more sense it made.

All the evidence was there.

The eyes, the hair.

Aden sighed and looked through the window. Faith was long gone now. There was no point going after her.

Aden turned and began to pace around the living room.

He would have to talk to Belle. Only she could confirm what he was thinking.

The one thing that he had trying to ignore for days was now eating away at him.

He couldn't keep from thinking about it any longer.

Now accepting the fact that it was technically possible, Aden couldn’t believe it.

He couldn’t believe the fact that that might have been his daughter who he had said goodbye to at the door only moments ago.

His daughter.

Aden shook his head in disbelief.

"Belle has some major explaining to do!"

Thanks for reading..!!

...xXx

Thanks for reading!!

This chapter is earlier than usual coz I'm going out later!

Chapter 5

Belle moaned with pleasure as she felt his lips brush against her neck.

She giggled as his lips travelled up her jaw and then he claimed her lips with his.

She ran her fingers seductively down the flat planes of his chest. As she did so, a ripple ran through his body, and he kissed her more passionately.

He did not stop kissing her when she pulled her face away, gasping for breath.

She grinned at him as they're eyes met.

"I love you," she said looking directly into the baby blue eyes that were Aden Jefferies.

Belle awoke with a sudden. She stared up into the darkness, and then the realisation hit her.

It was just a dream, she told herself. But that wasn't what she felt guilty over.

What was making her feel so terrible was the fact that she actually enjoyed it.

She cursed herself a hundred times and she still felt no better.

She was briefly aware of Max sleeping peacefully beside but she ignored him, and got out of bed and walked into the kitchen.

Opening the windows wide, she felt relief and relaxation seep through her as the cold breeze hit her face.

What made it worse too was, now, she couldn't stop thinking about him.

Aden.

His warm touch, his soft lips against hers.

She shook her head, determined to stop thinking about him. It was near impossible though.

In some ways she was always linked to Aden. There had nearly always been something that kept that together.

Their chemistry, their passion, their deep love for each other, and now something else.

Something Belle knew Aden would realise soon.

She looked up at the clock and saw it was 5am. There was no point going back to bed now.

After deciding she'd go for a walk, Belle grabbed some clean clothes from the closet, threw them on, left a note for Max and Faith, and left the house quietly.

As she walked briskly down the path, she was amazed how quiet, how peaceful, how beautiful Summer Bay was. She rarely saw the town this quiet. Some people compared it to New York; the city that never sleeps.

Although you could hardly call this place a city, she thought to herself, chuckling lightly.

She stopped outside the empty Pier Diner, and looked out over the beach.

There, wandering slowly through the sand was Aden.

She called out to him, and he lifted his head.

Grinning, she ran down to him. Not thinking about her life, or what she was about to ruin, she flung her arms around him in a tight hug.

Aden buried his face in her hair, and breathed in deeply. She had always smelt the same. He had missed that.

Pulling away from his slightly, she took his face in her hands and kissed her passionately.

For what seemed forever, they stood there, Belle her hands wrapped loosely around Aden's neck, his, wrapped securely around her waist.

They seemed afraid to let each other go, as if, if they did they would lose each other forever.

"What about Max?" asked Aden, as their lips pulled apart.

"I don't care," said Belle, ferociously. "All I know is I love you, and I can't bear another second away from you.

They kissed passionately again, and all the love that they had felt for one another came flooding back.

Their lips never parted once, not when Aden pressed Belle up against Roman's front door, or when got inside Aden's bedroom.

"That was amazing!"

Belle giggled. "Yeah it was! You've learnt some new moves!"

Aden laughed. "You noticed then?"

Belle nodded, snuggling closer to him. She laid her head on his chest.

"I've missed you."

He wrapped his arm around her waist. "I've missed you too...what about Max though?"

Belle sighed and looked up at Aden. "I'm going to have to tell him it's over. As much as I hate doing it, it's the best thing to do. I'm not going to cheat on him."

Aden grimaced at her. "Belle, you kinda already did."

Belle glared at him. "Isn't it your job to make me feel better about everything?"

Aden laughed. "I'll do whatever you want me to, babe."

Belle grinned seductively. "Well if that's the case, I want you to kiss me then!"

Aden smiled and leaned down and pressed a soft kiss to her lips. As he pulled away, she smiled.

"I've missed that too."

Aden smiled, and then looked at her seriously. "I know about Faith."

Belle stared at him, shocked. "Who told you?"

"No one told me Belle," he said. "I figured it out myself. It was getting kind of obvious."

Belle nodded. "I knew I wouldn't be able to hide it from you much longer; she looks so like you."

Aden smiled. "But her personality is that of her Mother's."

Belle smiled, then she looked at him sadly. "I'm sorry I never told you. I sorry you had to find out this way."

"Belle, there's no way you could feel as sorry as I do right now," he admitted. "All those years I was away, you were back here bringing up our child. What kind of a father have I been to Faith?"

"Well you haven't been one at all to her actually," said Belle, in a obvious tone. "She thinks Max is her father."

"Does Max think that she's his too?"

"Yes," admitted Belle, sheepishly. "I couldn't tell him. I was too scared. I needed the comfort, the security. I had only just found out I was pregnant when I met him. I thought if I just went along with it, he'd think Faith was his."

"Well that's turning out to be a problem now, isn't it!" said Aden, moving his arm up and down Belle's arm.

"Well I'm just going to have to be honest with both of them," said Belle, as she traced the contours of Aden's chest. "Would you be there with me though, when I tell Faith? For the support."

"I'm going to be with you every step of the way Belle," said Aden, softly. "Even when your telling Max if you want."

Belle laughed. "He'll be out for your blood! Does that not scare you?"

"No! What has the guy got a black belt in karate?"

"Yes, he does," admitted Belle."

"Right…ok," said Aden, slowly. "I'll just have to wear body armour under my clothes that day."

Belle laughed and leaned up to kiss him. As she pulled away, she frowned sadly.

"I have to go now."

Aden's brow creased. "Can't you just stay a little longer?"

Belle shook her head as she sat up in the bed. "I'm sorry, I've got to get back, Faith's got a –

"Show jumping competition," finished Aden, sitting up beside her, running his fingers through his hair. "Yeah she told me. She invited me too come to think about it."

"Well I guess I'll see you later then," said Belle seductively, leaning in and kissing him.

"Yeah," said Aden, grinning. "Maybe half way through it, you could pretend to go to the bathroom, and we could…"

"Oh God Aden, no!" cried Belle, as she threw on her top. "We're not doing that again! Remember the last time, we almost got caught!"

"Well we wouldn't have if you hadn't started moaning!"

Belle blushed. "Well…you shouldn't have been…pushing, so hard!"

Aden laughed, muttering 'pushing' to himself.

He got up and got changed, throwing on something more respectable than just a pair of sweats.

"What times this thing on again?"

"Half two, and don't be late," snapped Belle. "Faith clearly wanted you there, seeing as she invited you, so be nice and turn up on time!"

"Ok, ok," said Aden. "I'll be on time!"

"Good," she said, slipping on her runners. "So…do I get a goodbye kiss?"

Aden laughed, and walked over to her. Wrapping her arms tightly around her waist, so she was pressed up against his chest, he leaned forward and kissing her passionately.

"Aden, stop!" she said, pulling away from him. "It was that kind of kissing that just got us into bed!"

Aden grinned. "That's the point, love."

Belle laughed, smacking his arm playfully. "I have to go, see you later."

Quietly, trying not to wake Nicole or Roman she slipped down the stairs and out the door, but not before Nicole, who was taking a bathroom trip, saw her closing the door.

"Ooo, Aden you are a bad boy," she said, looking at his closed door.

Grinning to herself, she walked into the bathroom and closed the door.

Thanks for reading..!!

...xXx

Thanks for your lovely comments!!

Here's the next chapter!

Chapter 6

"Mum, what are you doing?" cried Faith, running into the kitchen, already in her jodhpurs, boots and blazer. "You're going to make us all late."

Belle looked up from her cereal bowl to see her daughter's exasperated expression.

"Alright, alright," she said, getting up from the table and putting her half empty bowl by the sink. "I'll get ready."

"Hurry!" said Faith, as Belle walked slowly down the hallway.

Belle slipped into her room quietly and slipped out of her dressing gown.

"Nice!"

She gasped and turned to see Aden climbing in her window.

"Aden, what are you doing here?" she asked, quickly picking up her dressing gown and wrapping it around her again.

"Just like all times aint it?" he said grinning.

Then he looked Belle up and down. "Babe, it's not like I haven't seen you naked before!"

Belle smirked at him and slapped his arm. "What if it was Max you had walked in on?"

"Well that wouldn't have been a pretty sight!"

"Aden, I am being serious here!"

"Babe, chill," he said, taking her hands in his. "I didn't screw up ok, that's what matters."

Belle smiled. "I've missed you."

Aden chuckled. "Babe, we only had sex two hours ago."

She grinned and wrapped her arms around his waist. He did then in turn, and laid his head on her shoulder.

"How about…we pull this thing off this thing off," he said, playing with the strap of her dressing gown. "And do it all over again."

She smiled and pulled away from him. "As tempting as that is, I can't. Faith'll kill me if I delay her."

"By the way, you look pretty sexy." She said, looking him up and down.

There was nothing more beautiful than Aden in his blue shirt, which brought out his eyes, and his baggy pair of canterburys.

He grinned. "Thank you. I'm glad you think so."

"Now go away before Max comes in and catches you!"

He laughed. "Ok, I'm leaving."

"See you later though," he said, leaning in and taking her lips in his.

She smiled as he pulled away. "I love you."

"I love you too. Always have, always will."

"Mum you ready?" called Faith from the kitchen.

"Coming honey," cried Belle.

"Now get outta here," she said, pushing Aden towards the window.

He grinned and slipped out, leaving Belle feeling euphoric.

"Aden, you made it," cried Faith, as she saw Aden walking towards them.

"Told you I was coming didn't I!" he said.

"This was must be Lady," he said, stretching out his hand to rub the Connemara horse in front of him.

"Blue Fire Lady," corrected Faith. "Well that's her show name anyway."

"Honey this is your round isn't it," said Belle, as Faith mounted Lady. "Shouldn't you get going?"

"Yeah your right Mum," she said, arranging her reins. "Well wish me luck! I'll see you guys after."

Belle and Aden watched with Max as Faith lead Lady over towards the arena.

"We're sitting over here, Aden," said Belle, beckoning towards one of the stands behind her.

Once they had taken their seats, Aden took Belle's hand, which was by her side, out of Max's eye.

She smiled as their eyes met briefly, then they both looked ahead to the arena, so as to not catch attention.

They clapped enthusiastically as Faith and Lady came into the arena. They watched tentatively as Lady cantered around the course, her long legs clearing the jumps easily.

They clapped the hardest of all when the judges announced her clear round.

"Well done darling," cried Belle, hugging her daughter.

Faith had come out of the judge's tent, grinning from ear to ear, a big 1st place trophy in her left hand.

"It was Lady that did all the work really," said Faith modestly.

"You were brilliant Faith," said Aden.

Faith beamed at him. "Thanks again for coming Aden. It really helped having you there in the stands. It was like a kick of extra support."

As Aden smiled back at Faith, Max eyed him disliking.

Belle saw this and turned to her husband. "Wasn't Faith wonderful darling?"

Faith turned to Max, nervously awaiting his response.

"You were very good, Faith," he said, plainly, no emotion on his face. "Well done."

Faith looked away, slightly downcast by what he said.

Aden frowned at Max. "Very good doesn't do you justice, Faith. Fantastic is a better word to use."

Faith laughed and smiled at Aden.

"Can Aden come with us to the Sands for dinner Mum?"

Aden turned to Belle, questioningly.

"We were going to go there to celebrate," explained Belle. "You are most welcome to come Aden."

She looked at him mincingly, clearing wanting him to come.

Aden stifled a grin. "That would be lovely thanks."

Belle smiled. "Well shall we?" she asked, turning to Max.

He smiled at her ruefully and they proceeded towards the car, Faith talking animatingly of her round.

"And Lady did everything I asked her to do," she said, sincerity running through her every word.

She turned back to pat lady, who she was leading by her reins.

"Your such a good girl aren't you!" she cooed to her horse.

Aden grinned and looked over at Belle, who he saw was also smiling.

"Let's get you poor horse back to her box, love," said Belle, walking ahead slightly. "I'm sure she's exhausted."

Faith nodded and continued walking. As she slowed behind them, Aden went over to walk beside Belle.

"What do you have planned in the Sands?"

"Oh that maybe you and me slip off to the bathroom at one point," said Belle seductively, careful not to look at him. "You up for it?"

Aden grinned. "Absolutely. You don't know how much I want to rip that dress off you right now!"

Belle laughed quietly. "Well try to control yourself until we get there. Can you do that?"

"I'll try," said Aden, jokingly. "I can't make any promises though. I might slip at some stage."

"Well save any lapse in control you may have for later!"

Aden grinned.

"Meet you there," she said, as he turned off towards his car.

"Obviously!"

She smiled, and stayed where she was, waiting for Faith to catch up with Lady.

"I'll have the chicken Caesar salad please," said Belle, as the waiter took their orders. "Faith?"

"Just the supreme of chicken please."

"Aden?"

"The lobster," said Aden, handing the waiter his menu.

"And what would you like sir?" asked the waiter, looking at Max.

"Just the lamb stir fry, please," said Max, curtly.

The waiter nodded as he gathered up the remaining menus. "Your meal shall be with you shortly."

"You know," said Belle, picking up her bag. "I think I'll go to the bathroom before the food comes."

"I'll go too I think," said Aden, getting up and pulling Belle's chair back for her.

As they turned their backs to Faith and Max, Belle grinned at him.

Once they got into the secluded corridor that led to the bathrooms, Belle grabbed Aden's tie, leaned up and kissed him passionately.

Aden kissed her back with the same force and pulled her into the disabled toilet.

There she pulled off his shirt, as he unzipped her dress at the back.

"Wait," she said, pulling away from him.

He looked at her, frustration plain on his face.

"I love you," she said, smiling at him.

He smiled back. "I love you too."

And then he leaned in and kissed her and they continued on into their land of bliss.

"Sorry I took so long," said Belle, sitting down beside Faith again, avoiding Max's gaze. "I had to call one of the cleaning ladies for more toilet paper. She took forever!"

"Really?" said Max, leaning forward, faking interest.

"Because it appears Aden must have had the same trouble," he said, as Aden resumed his place beside Belle. "Did the men's toilets too Aden have a lack in toilet paper?"

Aden shook his head. "Worse in fact! My toilet literally exploded when I flushed it! I almost got covered by the stuff!"

"Lovely Aden," said Belle, jokingly. "We clearly all needed to know that before we eat!"

Aden and Faith laughed, while Max continued to glare at Aden.

"Your orders," said the waiter, placing Belle and Faith plates in front of them.

Aden's tummy rumbled as the waiter put his lobster down on his mate.

"This looks delicious!"

"Enjoy," said the waiter, before walking off.

As Faith and Max started eating, Aden caught Belle's eye and winked at her. She smiled back at him softly.

He grinned triumphantly and began eating his lobster, wondering what other activities where in store for him later that day.

Thanks for reading..!!

...xXx

Archived