Having Faith

Guest LauraPhilly!!

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loved it Like the title I think I know why now hehe thought it was about the relationship not hehe more soon please

you think you've already figured it out!!

My God your good..!! :P

Thanks hehe lol.

How old are they and faith meant to be?

Loved it Like the title I think I know why now hehe thought it was about the relationship not hehe more soon please

Thanks hehe lol.

Aden and Belle are about thirty, and Faith is thirteen!!

Thanks for all your comments on the last chapter!!

Hope you like this chapter too!!

Chapter 3

Aden grinned as he saw Belle’s thunderstruck expression.

“Babe, relax, you’d think you’d been petrified.”

“Don’t call me babe,” said Belle quickly. She shook her head in disbelief. “What are you doing here?”

Aden shrugged. “I guess I missed the place.”

“I must be losing my touch,” he said grinning at her. “Your not drooling at the sight of me anyone!”

They both laughed and Belle shook her head. “You haven’t changed a bit have you Aden?”

Aden shook his head. “Nope, not a bit!”

Belle grinned despite her herself, then she looked at him. “I’ve missed you,” she said softly.

Aden smiled at her. “I’ve missed you too.”

Then his heart sank as he saw the glittering diamond ring on her left hand.

“You’ve been busy,” he said, indicating to it.

Belle glanced down at it, and then looked up, afraid of his reaction. “I waited for you Aden…but you never came back.”

Aden looked into her eyes, and he knew she was not lying.

“Five years I waited for you,” she said, a tear running down her cheek. She wiped it away hastily.

“I convinced myself that you didn’t love me anymore,” she continued. “I found comfort in the arms of another.”

“I didn’t think you wanted me to come back,” said Aden, desperately, reaching out and taking her hand. I never stopped loving you Belle, ever.”

Belle smiled at him sadly, and slipped her hand out of his. “I’m sorry Aden, but it’s just too late for us. Max is more than I could have wished for. I cannot leave him.”

Aden looked at her sadly, and just nodded his head. He wasn’t going to start an argument over this. He had missed her too much.

“Walk with me?” he asked.

She smiled and they set off down the beach together.

“That was the funniest walk I’ve had in a long time!” said Belle, unlocking the front door, and walking into the hall.

Aden nodded, grinning to himself. “When you bumped into that old man with the walking stick - the look on your face! It was priceless!”

“‘Bumped into him’?” said Belle, in disbelief, dumping her jacket on the armchair. “You mean pushed! You pushed me into him!”

“I did not!” said Aden, trying to hide his grin. “How dare you make such an accusation?”

Belle looked at him, her eyebrow raised. Deciding to drop it, she took two mugs out of the cupboard.

“Tea, coffee?” she asked, looking at him questioningly.

“Coffee, thanks.”

Belle looked at him in surprise. “Since when have you start drinking coffee?”

Aden laughed. “Since I had to wake up every morning at 4am when I was in New York! Coffee kept me sane!”

Belle laughed and made herself one too.

“Stay for dinner,” she asked, handing him the mug.

Aden frowned. “Won’t that be a bit awkward?”

“What with Max?” asked Belle. “Nah, he won’t mind at all. Why would he?”

Aden shrugged. “No reason. So what’s for dinner?”

“Chicken and broccoli bake!”

“Aw Belle, how did you guess?” said Aden looking up at her, a grin plastered across his face. “That’s my favourite!”

Belle shrugged indifferently. “Guess it’s your lucky night then!”

For the next few hours, Aden helped Belle make dinner in the kitchen. They laughed when Aden splattered himself with sauce, or when Belle got soap in her hair.

“I could kill you Aden Jefferies!” she screamed as he continued chucking the white foam at her.”

Suddenly forgetting herself, Belle flung her arms around Aden’s waist and grinned up at him.

His startled expression brought her back to reality and she quickly released her hold on him, keeping her arms instead securely by her side.

“I’ll set the table,” she said, turning away, avoiding his eyes.

There was still an awkward silence between them when Max got home a few minutes later.

“Hey honey, how are –

He stopped talking when he saw Aden standing in the kitchen door.

“Hi, I’m –

“Aden Jefferies. Belle’s ex,” said Max, looking at him coldly. “I heard you were back.”

Belle’s eyes travelled from Aden’s face back to Max’s nervously.

“Honey, why don’t you go and get changed out of your work clothes, while Aden and I finish making dinner,” she said suggestively.

Max nodded curtly and left the room, not looking back at Aden.

“So…” said Aden, walking back into the kitchen.

Belle grinned up at him nervously.

“That was a bit awkward!”

Belle laughed. “Ignore him, he’s just being silly,” she said, taking the plates out of the oven.

“He’s only like that because a couple of weeks ago, Colleen blabbed to him all our relationship history!”

“All the gory details and everything?!” asked Aden in surprise.

“Every single bit,” said Belle, grinning at him.

“Oh I can already tell he and I are going to be the best of buddies,” said Aden, laughing quietly to himself.

The front door opening interrupted them, and a cold breeze sweeping through the house, blowing all the sheets scattered across the counter onto the floor.

“Hi Mum! I’m home.”

“I’m in the kitchen honey,” said Belle, as she lifted the heavy casserole dish onto the counter.

Aden watched in surprise as a tall teenage girl came walking into the kitchen, her long blonde hair flowing behind her.

Aden quickly looked at Belle, his expression; one of query.

“Aden, I would like you to meet my daughter,” said Belle, taking Faith’s hand and pulling her into the kitchen. “Faith, this is my good friend Aden.”

“It’s very nice to meet you,” said Faith politely, smiling widely at Aden.

Aden smiled back at her and was shocked to see that she too had a pair of bright blue eyes.

Belle watched Aden’s expression nervously.

“Your eyes are very beautiful, Faith,” said Aden, trying to ignore the logic that was now forming in his head.

Faith looked down quickly, her cheeks going a deep red.

“Thank you Aden,” she said quietly, still embarrassed.

“I’m going to go change out of my uniform before dinner, ok Mum,” said Faith, turning to Belle.

“Ok love,” said Belle, her eyes still on Aden’s face, waiting him to figure out the truth himself.

Instead, all she saw written on Aden’s face was confusion and frustration.

When Faith had left the room, Aden turned to face Belle.

“It appears I was wrong before,” he said. Belle looked up at him confused.

“You have been very busy!”

Belle chuckled lightly, and turned away so her back was to him. She breathed out a sigh of relief.

Aden hadn’t figured out her secret yet. She knew he would soon though. It was only a matter of time.

What would he say to her? Would he be angry?

She knew none of the answers to any of these questions. She only hoped that Aden would stay calm long enough for her to explain.

She just hoped that the other person involved would also forgive her. She could lose two people out of this entire mess.

A mess. That was what it was. A complete mess.

Thanks for reading!!

...xXx

Thanks hehe lol.

Aden and Belle are about thirty, and Faith is thirteen!!

I was guessing that for faith 30 nice, I love this loved that chapter how he was looking in her eyes, hope things are cleared up soon.

Archived