Gay Couple

Guest martha-jack

Gay couple  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think a Summer Bay version of Hollyoaks' "McDean" would be great. They don't necessarily have to be in high school, in fact I'd hate if it involved Geoff, Xavier or Jai. Of the current characters I'd like Angelo to be the one to have a same-sex relationship, with a new guy, not anyone already on the show.

I would love a H&A version of Mcdean but it could never live up to JP & Craig's story!!

I would like it to involve Geoff and Roman :wub:

Or Geoff and a new character

A H&A version would never live upto McDean? Too right it wouldn't, but that's because NO relationship - gay or straight - would ever live upto McDean for me personally. :P

I'd quite lke to see a gay relationship develop in H&A. Not sure which character I'd give the storyline to though. I think one of the things that made McDean so special was that they chose the perfect character for the storyline. I can't imagine being quite so attached to the storyline had it been someone other than Craig it'd happened with. In order for H&A to be even nearly as captivating, the chosen character would have to be someone we're already familiar with, as opposed to bringing in a new character who is openly gay right from arrival. Choosing the character would have to be spot on.

I wouldn't mind it being Roman. Having had such unsuccessful relationships with women in the past, I'd just love for some new guy to come along and for everything to just fall into place (Although not rushed, obviously :P). It'd certainly liven up the character! :P

John-Paul was gay practically from the beginning. He arrived in September 2006 and we knew he was gay within a few months. In fact the first time I saw him, and the way he was looking at Craig I got major gay vibe from him. So they could do it with someone new and Angelo.

Yeh, that's what I mean (My reference re. Hollyoaks was more about Craig than JP). More than anything, even if they did it with a new character, I'd like to see it with someone we are familiar with, which I think would be far more interesting as a viewer. So Angelo and someone else could work, but I'd rather the other person involved was a new character, as opposed to another regular. It balances it out then. I'm not sure it'd work as well to have both people in the relationship being regular characters that we already know really well, especially if neither had ever shown any possibility of their sexuality being questioned at some point.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to see this happen. It happens on so many tv programmes these days but Home and Away just don't seem to want to go there.

My top pick would be Gaden. They just have that something and I think Todd and Linc seem to work well off each other.

I think a Summer Bay version of Hollyoaks' "McDean" would be great. They don't necessarily have to be in high school, in fact I'd hate if it involved Geoff, Xavier or Jai. Of the current characters I'd like Angelo to be the one to have a same-sex relationship, with a new guy, not anyone already on the show.

the only reason i would like it to be male is because i think a guy would feel like he lost some sort of control if another guy had kissed him whereas a girl wouldn't feel as bothered but they might one of my examples would be when

Freya kissesd Nicole, she wasn't that bothered

but if for instance Aden kissed Geoff, what would happen? if you get me.

I actually think some sort of halfway stage between the two would be best.Turning straight characters gay is always a bit dubious, especially when half of them turn back as soon as the storyline's over.I've never really followed Hollyoaks but I remember the lad that played Craig, in an unguarded moment, commenting "It'd be really strange if they made Craig gay after I've been playing him straight for years" and several observers noted that the whole "characters decides he's gay and kisses his best friend who, after being initially disgusted, decides he's gay too" storyline is a bit of a cliche.On the other hand, just bringing in a gay couple, while it would produce some interesting reactions, would rob viewers of the chance to see the beginnings of the relationship and them coming to terms with their sexuality.

It's been a long time since I recommended EastEnders for anything but I think something like their Tony and Simon storyline would work best.They brought in a character who was sexually confused then, a short time later, brought in one who was openly gay and had him go "Maybe this is my chance to explore this."I think that would be better than changing a character to fit the storyline or missing out the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be better to introduce a new couple who are gay from the outset, as oppsed to a main chatacter 'turning' gay after a kiss and getting confused. Pretty much everyone gets confused about their sexuality at some point, but it's whether you act on it or not.

I just hope if they ever have a gay relationship it lasts, and it not just a sterotypical soap version of a same sex relationship.

Archived