Exams '09

Guest .Amy.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in my first year of uni, but took English Literature, General Studies, Italian, Philosophy&Ethics and Biology during Sixth Form, and got AABBe respectively. So if anyone ever needs any help with any of these. :)

I'm now at the University of Warwick reading Italian - can't believe we're Week5, Term2 already! I'm taking Single Honours, which comprises of:

Advanced Italian Language (sub-split into Grammar, Oral and Translation - 3 x 1hr)

Forms and Fashions in Italian Intellectual Culture [in lectures we learn about the 'creation' of Italy, up until the present day {at the moment it's the mafia}, and in seminars we do readings which roughly back up what we do in lectures {so at the moment it's terrorism and the strategy of tension} - 2 x 1hr]

Representations of Modern Italy [we've just started Dante - 1 x 2hr]

The Epic Tradition [epic poetry - so we're working through the Odyssey, the Iliad, the Aeneid, Paradise Lost and something else - 2 x 1hr] (I had to taken another module from within the arts faculty)

As you can probably imagine, there's gonna be a lot of exams for that little lot; although luckily they don't start until Term 3, after Easter.

GCSE's don't really have an Australian equilent, they are the General Certificate of Secondary Education. They are exams done by fifteen-sixteen year olds, in year 12 in England, Wales, NI (and Ireland I think).

Suzannelgnz- Do you like law? Thats what I wanna do.

I love it, although it means lots of hard work to do well and your social life does suffer but it's worth it :)

NCEA Level 2, my exams will be Maths, English, Media Studies, ICT and HIstory

Lucky you for only having 3 exams for level 2, I had 5.

I got 5, Media Studies and ICT do, do exams

Oops, I totally forgot that Media Studies had a exam (and I did it in year 12) But usually ICT is totally internally assessed

Oops, I totally forgot that Media Studies had a exam (and I did it in year 12) But usually ICT is totally internally assessed

There's three externally assessed standards and they're like exam papers (I did ICT level one) and you sit them a few days before exams start and send them off to NCEA for marking

There's three externally assessed standards and they're like exam papers (I did ICT level one) and you sit them a few days before exams start and send them off to NCEA for marking

Ohh, it's changed since I did it then.

Archived