Eurovision 2009

Guest Cal

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Iceland song just got 2nd on the last vote.

Uk came 5th [ best ever since 2002] well done Jade and Andrew Lloyd Webber, you have both done Uk proud.

Norway won won with 387 Pts.

It's been a great show.

Iceland were ahead when the final round of voting took place so I think it would be a bit unfair to say they came in and nicked the second place. It would have been funny if Iceland had won it since they country is bankrupt.

Hi Ryan on the final round Azerbaijan got 10 pts and they went into 2nd and then Norway gave the last vote 12 pts to Iceland and they went back into 2nd.

Yeah, but if you see it, all 10 countries Norway voted for as getting their points at the same time.

Ah, well I can't deny that a night like this certainly de-frosts a Norwegian heart. My vote went to Azerbaijan, and after them Sweden was my favourite.

BTW, for the discussion on "eastern European countries voting for each other" and that whole cry-me-a-river-build-yourself-a-bridge-and-get-over-it-drama, I'd like to announce that all the Scandinavian countries now are happy to call themselves eastern European. We're tried before, but never really been acknowledged for it since none of us won anyway, but now we're all totally eastern! But of course, we're not as eastern as Cyprus and Greece; eastern Europe is quickly growing, so I feel that we need to have some different levels of easternness here. In all fairness. I guess we shouldn't be surprised though, after all Alexander Rybak was born in Minsk and speaks fluent Russian, so I'm guessing we shouldn't be surprised why eastern European countries such as Belarus, Ukraine, Sweden and The Netherlands gave Norway 12 points. The only thing that has me wondering is that Finland, the Nordic country geographically placed furthest to the east didn't give us 12 points. It's a shame, really. The fair land of western Europe can have them if you ask me. Anyone still wanna do this debate? :P

(PS. Iceland is pretty eastern as well, they're just pretending they're not. Honestly!)

No, but seriously I'm really happy we won, and if I'm in the country and can get tickets I have to see the live finale here next year :)

1st - Norway 387 Points

2nd - Iceland 218 Points

3rd - Azerbaijan 207 Points

4th - Turkey 177 Points

5th - Uk 173 Points

6th - Estonia 129 Points

7th - Greece 120 Points

8th - France 107 Points

9th - Bosnia 106 Points

10th - Armenia 92 Points

11. - Russia 91 Points

12. - Ukraine 76 Points

13. - Denmark 74 Points

14. - Moldova 68 Points

15. - Portugal 57 Points

16. - Israel 53 Points

17. - Albania 48 Points

18. - Croatia 45 Points

19. - Romania 40 Points

20. - Germany 35 Points

21. - Sweden 33 Points

22. - Maita 31 Points

23. - Lithuania 23 Points

24. - Spain 23 Points

25. - Finland 22 Points

I hope that helps everyone. :)

Grattis Norge! I am happy for Norway, but my favourite was Azerbaijan,UK and Iceland.

Even though Malena after an amazing performance, though the one in the semifinal was better, came on 21st place, but we are still happy as we took a chans and sended something different this year from what we usually sends. I am happy Sweden took a chans, and I feel proud beeing a Swede tonight, it wasnt a dissapointment as I didnt have any expectations this year after so many years off failure I have given up the hope off ever winning the contest again as we never will, and I am sad about that as I would have liked to watch eurovision ones in my life,as I am such a big fan off this competition and I love it even after all failures Sweden has had in the past 3 years, but I still hang on and watches it as I love it, and it is the highlight of my TV year, the only thing I cant miss. But Malena made us proud tonight as she was amazing, but it didnt go all the way for her, but Sweden is still happy for Arash as he succeded and came on a third place, we are proud off him to. So in a way the top three was all nordic countries as the most part of Azerbaijan was Swedes, so we did succed in a way. And next year maybe Arash competes for Sweden as he said if he succeds this year he will participate in Melodifestivalen next year.

But I am still waiting for Helena Paparizou to compete for Sweden. Anyway again congratulations Norway, we love you.

And congrats to the UK for ending in a 5th place. you had an amazing and powerful song this year.

And Iceland 2nd again I feel bad for them, as they had an amazing song and didnt win. This was the perfect song for them to win with.

Archived