Eurovision 2009

Guest Cal

Yayyy, Estonia was 6th :) We didn't expect so good place, so we're so happy !

Good for Norway, it was a good song. Iceland deserved second place :) What I didn't really get was Turkey, I didn't understand why everyone thought it was so good. :D But it's all about taste. :D

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the semifinal results:

Semi Final 1

1. Iceland 174pts

2. Turkey 172pts

3. Bosnia 125pts

4. Sweden 105pts

5. Armenia 99pts

6. Malta 86pts

7. Israel 75pts

8. Portugal 70pts

9. Romania 67pts

10. FYR Macedonia 45pts

11. Montenegro 44pts

12. Finland 42pts - Jury pick

13. Belarus 25pts

14. Switzerland 15pts

15. Andorra 8pts

16. Bulgaria 7pts

17. Belgium 1pt

18. Czech Republic 0pts

Semi Final 2

1. Norway 201pts

2. Azerbaijan 180pts

3. Estonia 115pts

4. Greece 110pts

5. Moldova 106pts

6. Ukraine 80pts

7. Albania 73pts

8. Denmark 69pts

9. Lithuania 66pts

10. Serbia 60pts

11. Ireland 52pts

12. Poland 43pts

13. Croatia 33pts - jury pick

14. Cyprus 32pts

15. Hungary 16pts

16. Slovenia 14pts

17. Netherlands 11pts

18. Slovakia 8pts

19. Latvia 7pts

LOL at the Czech Republic getting zilch. Ireland were quite close. :(

'Fairytale' is now #1 on the Irish iTunes, with a few other songs in the top 100.

Sweden was 4th in the semifinal? And 21st in the Final, a big difference I must say. But there is no point in dveloving, hope Sweden has a better luck next year, then maybe we will end up on a 15th place that would be a big achivment for Sweden considering the fact the we have been 19th Place 2005, 18th 2007, 18th 2008 and now 21st place, the best we had in these past 4 years was Carolas 5th place 2006. But we are still happy for our placements especially the 21st, the second lowest results Sweden has ever had in Eurovision, the lowest was place 22 in 1992, so we are really happy for our 21st place. I am just trying to find something possitive in Swedens low placements, it is kind off funny, but then we have also had many top 10 placements these past 10 years.

Switzerland was pretty good

& Montenegro - Macedonia - Belarus were okay.

I didn't like France, Belgium was a joke. a risky song . An insult to the Elvis fans but he was singing "Copycat" -_- so..

I heard Azerbaijan, a bit similar to Turkey. Hades's song was a bit like Shakira. Azerbaijan was the best.

UK - Polen - Ireland strong vocal

Estonia - Sweden special in a good way.

Norway was clearly the winner! Everyone liked it. I'm liking it after hearing it a few times, the dancers were great too.

Very happy with the UK result but I think it deserved better to be honest. I am trying not to be bias but they were better than Turkey and Azerbaijan and I think Jade was a better singer than the girl who sang for Iceland. But 5th will do 'til next year :P

Archived