Miles Copeland - Josh Quong Tart

Cal

I think Miles started out quite popular but his relationship with Kirsty brought him down.I think he'll be more popular that they've taken him back to how he was when he first started.

I wouldn't say that Kirsty brought him down, per se. It's more that Miles works best as an eccentric character, and characters like that tend to lose their eccentricity when they enter a relationship with anyone. So writers, please keep Miles single. Either that or bring in a somewhat eccentric female character to pair up with him, like how they brought in Leah to pair up with Vinnie or Robbie to pair up with Tasha (Marilyn and Miles anyone? How old is Maz anyway?).

It's good that they seem to be playing to Miles' strengths this year, bringing out his comic side, his eccentricity and his sideways look at things whilst still showing him to be a capable parent figure.He seemed to spent most of the last year getting into petty arguments with Kirsty and if they'd written him like this instead, the character and the relationship might be more popular.Not sure where they're going with this Rabbit storyline but I'm really enjoying their repartee.

I do think the writing of the Kirsty and Miles relationship was quite bad, and that's coming from someone who loves both characters and liked their relationship. Their relationship was actually quite popular to start with when they were just getting together and they had scenes like Miles walking in on Kirsty in her underwear and then being unable to stop picturing her like that :lol: . But yes, after that they did tend to get bogged down in non stop arguments, which didn't do either character any favours. I know what they were going for, with the "couple who love each other, but are at different points in their lives and can't get on the same page about their future", and it could have worked really well. However, they just weren't given enough scenes that showed they actually did love each other or scenes of them being cute and funny together. I do remember a really good scene where there making fun of Romeo and Jai for writing poetry to Annie, and there should have been much more of stuff like that.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Miles started out quite popular but his relationship with Kirsty brought him down.I think he'll be more popular that they've taken him back to how he was when he first started.

I wouldn't say that Kirsty brought him down, per se. It's more that Miles works best as an eccentric character, and characters like that tend to lose their eccentricity when they enter a relationship with anyone. So writers, please keep Miles single. Either that or bring in a somewhat eccentric female character to pair up with him, like how they brought in Leah to pair up with Vinnie or Robbie to pair up with Tasha (Marilyn and Miles anyone? How old is Maz anyway?).

It's good that they seem to be playing to Miles' strengths this year, bringing out his comic side, his eccentricity and his sideways look at things whilst still showing him to be a capable parent figure.He seemed to spent most of the last year getting into petty arguments with Kirsty and if they'd written him like this instead, the character and the relationship might be more popular.Not sure where they're going with this Rabbit storyline but I'm really enjoying their repartee.

I do think the writing of the Kirsty and Miles relationship was quite bad, and that's coming from someone who loves both characters and liked their relationship. Their relationship was actually quite popular to start with when they were just getting together and they had scenes like Miles walking in on Kirsty in her underwear and then being unable to stop picturing her like that :lol: . But yes, after that they did tend to get bogged down in non stop arguments, which didn't do either character any favours. I know what they were going for, with the "couple who love each other, but are at different points in their lives and can't get on the same page about their future", and it could have worked really well. However, they just weren't given enough scenes that showed they actually did love each other or scenes of them being cute and funny together. I do remember a really good scene where there making fun of Romeo and Jai for writing poetry to Annie, and there should have been much more of stuff like that.

I think there was a few people who automatically disliked the fact that Miles was living with Kane's wife and son but aside from that...I agree that Miles and Kirsty's relationship could have been written a lot better and the way it went probably turned a lot of people who were on the fence against them.They had a few cute and funny bits, the scene you mentioned about them making fun of Romeo and Jai, the episode where she went out and bought a fish for him and the boys so they could try and fool Alf, the stuff with the "adult" mag, even some of the stuff near the end when they were looking after Harry, but they seemed to be buried under a lot of petty arguments which caused a lot of viewers to get fed up of them.I'd like to think the writers have learned their lesson and if she was still on the show they'd be writing them better but Tony and Rachel still seem to get too many scenes like that so they probably wouldn't.

Miles and Marilyn?My first instinct is to say "No way" but then I'd have said that about Miles and Kirsty to start with.Marilyn's in her early 40s so bit of an age gap there.(If you think Sally being 21 when Kirsty was about 13 underlined the age gap between her and Miles...when Marilyn was in her early 20s, Sally was about nine.)

I think there was a few people who automatically disliked the fact that Miles was living with Kane's wife and son but aside from that...I agree that Miles and Kirsty's relationship could have been written a lot better and the way it went probably turned a lot of people who were on the fence against them.They had a few cute and funny bits, the scene you mentioned about them making fun of Romeo and Jai, the episode where she went out and bought a fish for him and the boys so they could try and fool Alf, the stuff with the "adult" mag, even some of the stuff near the end when they were looking after Harry, but they seemed to be buried under a lot of petty arguments which caused a lot of viewers to get fed up of them.I'd like to think the writers have learned their lesson and if she was still on the show they'd be writing them better but Tony and Rachel still seem to get too many scenes like that so they probably wouldn't.

Miles and Marilyn?My first instinct is to say "No way" but then I'd have said that about Miles and Kirsty to start with.Marilyn's in her early 40s so bit of an age gap there.(If you think Sally being 21 when Kirsty was about 13 underlined the age gap between her and Miles...when Marilyn was in her early 20s, Sally was about nine.)

Marilyn said she was 30 when she maried Donald and was in 1996 so Marilyn must been 44 then but they might of forgotton this and change her age.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick poke for this thread as the Miles/Rabbit/Mazza storyline is hotting up (how dark was Thursday's episode?! - I thought I was watching SAW for a while there:P)

Miles is a good-hearted man, Sally would never have let him take charge of the caravan park otherwise. The Kirsty stuff was a big mistake for both parties (I just hope she and Ollie are happy and no-where near Cane). He might hook up with marilyn (I don't think there is a massive age difference between the actors or characters) I just hope he doesn't as he needs meat not tofu/birdseed:P

Everyone loves to flame Miles but I'm really worried about him right now:( Have a heart lol

• 3 months later...

Miles always means well, his heart is the right place, but he does have a tendancy to grossly man handle me. Still he's taught me something about tortoises, but honestly, the way he patronises me sometimes, you'd think I was some sort of dummy.

Yes, I too likes Miles much better now he's single, properly single, not just the several weeks of angst before finding a new crush H&A-style single. He and Marilyn could be great couple down the track. I don't remember Marilyn very well from former years as I didn't watch it much back then but age rarely stops characters getting together on H&A. Besides, I can imagine Miles with an older woman - especially after how painfully immature Kirsty was. I couldn't stand him when he was with Kirsty; she consistently treated him like crap and he was a sucker for it. It was painful to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Miles has fast become one of my favourite characters in the show, his humour is just incredible and he works well with everyone. As mentioned by some he is better single, i am starting to think that he will be better suited with Leah but then i fear for his life so maybe no. Miles is a keeper i hope they keep him for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

i know it probabably shouldn't but Miles keeps reminding me of that clown in a show i used to watch in the 90s there's just too much coincidence especially with Penn around making a circus, i remember Miles was making a sandwich for the ****ingst time with all that toppings it almost fell over his plate (i stand correct) then Alf came down stairs Miles was busted of course it was just so Krusty funny (sorry to sound so weird for the ****ingst time) :P

Miles is really great lately!

• 2 weeks later...