Miles Copeland - Josh Quong Tart

Cal

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really been a good year for Miles, he's not only been reduced to a background character, he's been reduced to a rather dull background character with only Josh's performance and the odd scene here and there allowing him to show a bit of compassion or eccentricity lifting him above the crowd.The fact our first sight of him was him being hit over the head with a bottle(having been given a makeover that left half the audience wondering who he was)was probably a good heads-up.His reaction to Romeo cheating on his girlfriend wasn't so much Generic Parent as Generic Bad Parent, with him not really showing much interest and giving the bare minimum of advice.His interaction with Nicole has been almost non-existent and his involvement in her pregnancy has been completely non-existent, which is a massive shame given how close they've become over the past couple of years. The only time he's really seemed like the Miles we know and love is in his scenes with Roo, they seem to have developed a good banter between them.

• 4 months later...

I love Miles. He looks so much nicer with his hair cut shorter and a nice beard.

Miles and Leah make a great couple. I was hoping for a long time that Miles and Leah would get together after Elijah and Leah split. I`m glad I got my wish.

One little tiny nit pick about Miles though...... I wish he would close his mouth when he`s eating. It really is a nasty habit he`s got.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone else feel that there is something missing on H&A without Miles Copeland? I thought his backstory was fascinating yet tragic and there was a lot left to be explored with his character I think. He brought a sort of stability to the show after Sally left and I always thought that he'd be part of the 'next generation'. I've always wished that he and Jazz settled down together and fostered some kids. It would have allowed Jazz to make up for past mistakes too!

If only the writers had followed through.... Everything looked so promising in early 2008! Does anyone know if he was axed or did Josh choose to leave? It wouldn't surprise me considering how he was treated in 2011.

I am very sure that I read in the magazines sections about the time he left, that i chosed to leave. And I really believe that. Miles was not the sort of character they like to axe. He had a connection to the Fletchers. Mr. Tart had other acting jobs straight after H&A.

I am about a year behind you, it is about 6 months in storylines since Miles left here. But I don't miss him. He never felt like Sallys brother. I have always thought that they chosed wrong actor for that role. Josh quong TArt has a great talent, but I think the way he portrayed Miles did not suit that character, but could have been a great character without any bonds to Sally. The way he portrayed Miles was to different from the way Katie Ritchie portrayed Sally, and Miles never became a good replacement for her.

I think the way Conrad Coleby played Roman (without the Rambo stuff) would have suited the character better. He/Conrad/Roman had more of the same onscreen personality as Sally had.

I have always thought that Josh Q Tart should have portrayed a character without any bonds to previous characters, he was better as a original on his own. I think he would have shined even more as a "character of his own". I am not very good to explain this in English. Hope that you understand what I mean.

For me H&A is not only about certain characters, but about certain storylines. Even if Alf and the rest of the longstaying characters left, the show would have felt like H&A if the storylines were in Home and away's spirit. But I think that sometimes the show now feels to much like a completely different show even with Marilyn, Alf, Roo and Irene in it.