Home & Away star reveals

Guest Di

Look at Aden now, is he a meat puppet?

I'm afraid he is. It's been a long time, maybe the early days of Kim, since a male character has had so many pointless shirtless scenes like Aden has. Maybe they hope it will take attention away from Todd's one note acting ability.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think there's anything wrong with what Bobby has said. After all he is just being honest about his experience and explaining how he felt.

I think it's wrong to assume he's ungrateful for having had the chance to work on the show. Looking at the article it's clear that he appreciates what's done on the show but that he no longer felt comfortable in his role any more.

IMO Bobby had some great moments as Drew and I have always felt that there was so much more that they could have given to both the character of Drew and Bobby as the actor but I guess it was not to be.

I do wish him all the best in his new projects.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5001021,00.html

Bobby Morley's Home and Away used me as a 'meat puppet' rage

SUMMER Bay locals are unlikely to welcome Bobby Morley back to their sandy beaches any time soon after the former Home & Away star revealed he was treated as a "meat puppet" on the show.

He also described the Channel 7 soapie as a "machine that can chew you up and spit you out".

The 23-year-old spent two years as bad boy Drew Curtis on Seven's series and now stars in Nine's Gold Coast-based cop show The Strip.

"It's nice to be in a show (The Strip) where it's not based on taking your shirt off," he said.

"That was one thing that got me down (in Home & Away).

"If that's all I am - a meat puppet - then I don't know that I want to keep doing it."

Morley said at the end of his stint on the soap he felt so dejected that he didn't care whether he ever acted again.

"I knew I had to get out. It wasn't a good place to be in. Home & Away is a great place to learn, but it's a machine and it can chew people up and spit them out," he said. "I stepped out not really caring whether I had another job."

The former soap stud said his high profile on the show also took its toll on his relationship with co-star Jessica Tovey, with the pair splitting in March this year.

"I think we were naive and thought it would be nice and playful," Morley said.

The one-time Cleo bachelor of the year nominee said he is single at the moment and would have doubts about taking any of his relationships public.

"I'm trying not to get anything in the public eye like that," he said. "I'm not with anyone."

Despite his experience on Seven's long-running soap, Morley said that he was happy that it did not dissuade him from further pursing an acting career.

"I've got a little bit of a career going and I don't want to lose it.

"I never really cared about it before now."

:angry: Jeez, some peeeps are never gratefull. Are they... He should be thankful...he got an acting job to begin with... He's so up himslef imo :ph34r:

i think this is a bit ungrateful what bobby said but to be honest we don't know what goes on at the home and away studio's maybe he wasn't treated the way he should have been? we can't know if that's a lie or not and... maybe the person who wrote that article took what he said out of context making him sound ungrateful and rude! it can happen my dad had an article done about him and the person doing it took everything he said out of context and made it sound like he supported criminal acts of graffiti! so maybe bobby was just saying one of the bad things about being on home and away was... and maybe all the good stuff wasn't put in!

I don't think there's anything wrong with what Bobby has said. After all he is just being honest about his experience and explaining how he felt.

I agree, he's merely expressing his opinion and, like others have pointed out, what he said wasn't all negative. It just sounds like he and Home and Away weren't a good match.

I just hope he makes the most of the opportunities he has now (because of Home and Away) that other young actors would love to have.

I think he'd just be happier on another type of show. I can imagine soaps that show an episode every day are relentless and tiring. Maybe he should try indie films or other small projects that he can really believe in. He could get lucky and play a small but iconic part that makes his name. It could happen...

Look at Aden now, is he a meat puppet?

I'm afraid he is. It's been a long time, maybe the early days of Kim, since a male character has had so many pointless shirtless scenes like Aden has. Maybe they hope it will take attention away from Todd's one note acting ability.

I cant remember which interview but Todd actually said he didn't mind if it was appropriate. He also said that if he didn't think it was necessary then he wouldn't do it. its not like Bobby was forced to take his shirt off.

i really don't think he should have announced it to the media like that...it doesn't make him look good even if he's being honest. home and away launched his career and gave him recognition he probably wouldn't have gotten the roles on scorched or the strip without it because he has the exposure on home and away which gave him more of a chance in the other shows. especially since the strip is a new show they need well known actors to get people to watch the show in the first place. just because the experience @ h&a was bad for him doesnt mean its bad for everyone else and it discourages young actors trying to find a break from auditioning for shows like home and away.

How annoying is this? I bet a lot of the posters have missed the original interview, (posted on page two) - I read that one initially which was on the second page of the Herald Sun a couple of weeks ago (the full one), and was surprised it had been totally tampered with by other media sources, I'm not sure why! :rolleyes:

Archived