Home & Away star reveals

Guest Di

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a bit sorry that he is sorry. To be honest I think he was very right about he said 6 years ago.... I know that we all should respect our work places, but it is healthy to look at the truth about them sometimes.

Some of the actors in H&A get superstars in Australia, not because of their work with the character but because of the hype around the storylines and the characters.

If they don't have extraordinary looks like Chris Hemsworth, or an extraordinary talent like Heath Ledger they don't have a chance to move on with your career.

And those two were not the most popular in H&A either. C.H. was called "the plank" and the other had just a tiny role for a short while. So they didn't get that kind of hype around them as some of the others do.

In Hollywood everything is about looks and a bit talent - and luck.

And I think that this hype around their persons when they are on H&A makes it difficult for the actors/actresses to see that it is not about them as actors, but about H&A and characters alone. And the "looks" standards in Hollywood is different from H&A standards.

And everything in H&A is about looking good and bodies and they get a lot of make up just to look good. I think they get the treatment of a meat puppet... The storylines and the real acting stuff do not come first.

And australians never seem to move on... The actors are always seen as the character they played in H&A even if it is 10 or 20 years ago, and do not get the attention towards their newer work as they deserve.

^Kind of agree with you jodlbirger.

I think he is right to apologise, because it was unprofessional and probably harmful to his own career. However i don't think what he said was incorrect. He is a good actor and Drew was a terribly written character who was often used for his looks alone. So, yeah. He was spot on, really.

Good on him for having the courage to apologise for his unprofessional behaviour six years ago. He may be right about what he said six years ago but I think he's learnt he needs to be more subtle about his opinion on Home and Away as it can do an actor's career more harm than good.

At least he acknowledged his unprofessionalism so credit where it's due!

• 1 month later...

Archived