USA - Election 2008

Guest Eli

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My partner and I had a discussion about this the other day and he does believe that due to the hatred within USA, Obama will more than likely have to have a "pope mobile". Which sucks because he will lead that country into wonders. How Bush got in beats me. But anyone is better then that idiot.

Bush won fair and square according to the system. Whether the electoral vote system is fair or not on the other hand... that's a matter of discussion.

A couple of friends and I are trying to put together an election party on election night. We're all going to stay up to follow the election anyway, so we decided we're gonna meet up, starting at midnight or something, continuing until we have to go to school the morning after. We're gonna make a lot of fattening, American food, bring our laptops (and some PS3 games for when they do the boring states :P) and watch the election on TV. My friend's father owns the biggest hotel in town, so hopefully we'll be able to get a banquet room with a 50" flatscreen TV there. Or we'll gather in someone's basement.

It's interesting and more than a little frightening how the election process and it's result in a country far away across the sea impacts all our lives. Particularly as the cracks in the "American way" are really starting to show at the moment.

I hope Barak Obama continues to ask the really important questions. The most important one being what are they doing with the great American dream of freedom they are exporting. What is it freedom to do? If it's freedom to exploit the poor or powerless for profit then I don't see what's so great about it! ( Sorry for the editorial ) :angry:

I think one of the scariest things is not so much Obama losing and McCain becoming president as that would mean Republicans twelve years running but the fact that if McCain does win you would think that (1) because of his age and (2) the fact that he’s been seriously ill before, if something happens again he could die within his first term. Because of this there is a REAL possibility that Sarah Palin could become president at some point. How much experience does she actually have politically? She was governor of a small town and Alaska but even saying that….

There was one interview where she was asked which papers she read to keep up with current events. She kept saying “all of them”. She couldn’t even name one.

The thought of Sarah Palin becoming president is terrifying. She can't even answer a simple question, so I don't know how she is going to run one of the most powerful countries in the world.

I don't think John McCain will even last one term. And if Palin is president, then I think the world is doomed. I think McCain is a great person, but I don't agree with his politics.

I just heard on the news that people have been arrested because they planned on killing 88 African-Americans and Obama. I think it's bizarre that America is still like that.

The thought of Sarah Palin becoming president is terrifying. She can't even answer a simple question, so I don't know how she is going to run one of the most powerful countries in the world.

I don't think John McCain will even last one term. And if Palin is president, then I think the world is doomed. I think McCain is a great person, but I don't agree with his politics.

I just heard on the news that people have been arrested because they planned on killing 88 African-Americans and Obama. I think it's bizarre that America is still like that.

The land of the free and the hope of the brave? :wink:

Archived