USA - Election 2008

Guest Eli

As far as I'm concerned almost anyone will be an improvement over Bush. As a Vietnam Veteran from the late 1960's I am not a great fan of American military intervention in world affairs. It's not that it doesn't need doing at times it's just that they tend to do it so badly.

As for their economic influence in the world I think events of the last few months will make it very difficult to export "truth, justice and the American way"

That probably leaves me supporting Obama as the lesser of two evils.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obama looks nice, speaks well, and dances on the Ellen show :). That's good enough for me.

I don't know enough about McCain to have anything against him, and I can see the comic value of having him in the White House. David Letterman is already getting so much material out of him. But Sarah Palin scares me. She's probably a very nice person, but Pink says she shoots wolves??? That can't be right, can it :blink:? Elk or whatever - hunting for food (I hope!) - that's fine. But wolves? I'm sure they must be a protected species... And when she says she reads "all" the newspapers and magazines... it's not a good sign. She can't think on her feet. That's a bad thing for a politician, even I know that. Ellen also says that they want to overturn gay rights in California. That's bad. That's very bad.

The way I see it, George W Bush has lead us to a terrible place. McCain wants to move backwards from it, and Obama wants to move forwards from it. Both reasonable options, but going backwards just seems to indicate that we'd eventually end up in the same mess all over again. Forward seems like a better way to go, even if it could be scary at times.

Having said all that, I'd be much happier if Hilary Clinton was running with Obama. They would have been unstoppable. I'm not sure why they didn't do it that way after she lost to him. Probably a matter of pride and a few minor discrepancies in policy, but I'm sure they could have worked it out. I do not know a thing about who Obama is running with now, and since my gut says that Obama won't be president for very long... it is worrying to think that his second in command is someone who's name I don't even know.

I agree about Hilary Clinton. I didn't understand why Obama didn't draft her as a running mate. They would have been unbeatable. Actually I was a fan of Bill Clinton when he was president. He did a good job ( while he had his trousers on ) :P

I agree about Hilary Clinton. I didn't understand why Obama didn't draft her as a running mate. They would have been unbeatable. Actually I was a fan of Bill Clinton when he was president. He did a good job ( while he had his trousers on ) :P

Hehe, I almost posted that too. He was on David Letterman a few weeks ago talking about the financial crisis and he was sooo smart. Dave was just staring at him like "...uh huh." lol. It just makes you want to bang your head against a wall that someone like that isn't able to take control of the situation.

John McCain was on a while later (after LYING to get out of a previous interview -_-) and all he did was avoid answering questions.... :rolleyes:

Sarah Palin as VC is a very scary prospect. She just doesn't scream VC to me. I'm not sure what she screams but it definitely isn't that.

I like the idea of Obama. It would show that America has taken a very big step foward. I hope that it happens, I really do.

John McCain's voters 've got to watch The Daily Show! John Stewart might get through to them! :wacko: ....Barack Hussein Obama!

At the end of the day...they both do it for the money! Go Obama!

US gets way too much attention!The same country that still provides dead sentence and every one can buy a gun!

So i would give Obama a chance!Maybe they can solve their own problems,in their own country.

P.S.: If you're from the US, don't take this personal. :ph34r:

obama wanted to seperate himself from the clinton machine which i think actually was a very smart move. i have a large soft spot for hillary though, and am unsure about some of obama's protectionist rhetoric.

and i despise palin's form of divisive, small-minded politics. ugh.

Archived