University and College etc.

Guest Eli

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The UK univeristy system can be quite confusing, but all the information about pretty much every single course that is offered by all UK universities can be accessed from this website: http://ucas.com , so you may want to check it out and see if it's helpful.

Thanks, I'll definitely check that out!

I'm thinking I'm gonna apply to the Broadcast Media program at Brighton and BYU. Hopefully I will get in to BYU, and go there for a year to take some subjects not connected to any degree (I'm thinking American politics and Arabic). A year at BYU is my first choice, and I will know whether I get in there or not before I'll know about Brighton, so if I do get in to BYU I can withdraw my Brighton application and apply there again for next year.

I have the papers required for the Broadcast Media program, except the International English test (IELTS) but I will need that in order to get to BYU anyway, and I don't think I'll have too much trouble getting the results I need on that. I know I'm not fluent, but I think my English is okay at least :P

Anyway, I have a safety school lined up as well... I know for sure I will get in to Digital media production at HiHm here in Norway. Right not that's not my school of choice at all, but if I'm suddenly without a school I can go there for a year and complete a year study. And if I really like that I can build that up to a bachelor's degree.

Gah, it feels weird, knowing that in less that a year I'll probably be living in another country, and hopefully study at either BYU or Brighton!

BA (Hons.) in Italian at the University of Warwick, starting in two weeks. Arghhh!

By the way, Eli, I don't know what it's like for international students, but I don't think the entry grades for Brighton are that high... although I think it's more expensive for you than it is for us.

Why Brighton, btw?

I'm going down to loughborough uni in a week!!! :D:D MEng in Automotive Engineering

hey Jess, my friend is going to Warwick in a few weeks to do maths.

Oooh, Luff's meant to be reaaally, reallly good for Engineering! :D

Ooh, awesome! Yeah, one of my friends is going to do Maths, too - I obviously couldn't get rid of him. :P

I don't need to worry about this yet for a couple of years but I want to do law, which shouldn't be a problem at A-Level, I only need three C's. But at university level, I can't seem to find a university anywhere in the UK or Ireland that does entertainment or music/media law which is what I want to specialize in. But this isn't my problem, I have a question, does anyone know how long I need to study law at university?

EDIT: I went on the UCAS site recommended earlier, I found out that Bournemouth University does entertainment law. General law for the first year, Entertainment for the second year and a placement for the third. So I was looking at the entry requirements, it said I need 320+ points to enter in 2010, which I won't be doing so I will probably need more. It sent me to here but it doesn't make sense. Is it possible to gain 320+ points with GCSEs, AS-levels and A-levels?

Archived