Because Life Doesn't Just Stop

Guest h&a-girl

Walking through the door the whispers between the two boys suddenly halted and the two looked up, Belle and Aden each shot looks towards Geoff until he finally got the hint and made his excuses to leave. Belle knelt down next to Lily who was smiling shyly.

“You know who this is?” Belle asked

“Daddy?” Lily replied nervously

“She knows who I am?” Aden gasped

“She’s always been shown pictures of you Aden, she knows who her daddy is” Belle replied before leaning over and whispering in Lily’s ear, Lily nodded and slowly walked over towards Aden. Belle felt her heart lurch as Aden picked up his daughter and held her close, Lily gripped onto him fiercely and Aden couldn’t stop the tears from escaping.

“Why are you crying daddy?” Lily asked

“Because I’m happy to see you” Aden replied with a smile

“Are you all better now?” Lily questioned

Aden looked confused shooting a glance towards Belle

“Daddy was ill wasn’t he…?” Belle prompted “That’s why he hasn’t been able to see you”

Aden suddenly understood and nodded in agreement

“Daddy’s all better baby” placing a tender kiss on Lily’s cheek

wow

that actually made me cry!!!!!

thanks soo much for updating

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww glad you liked it. Starting Uni tomorrow so i'll be without internet for a few days, so might not be able to update for a little while. :(

“Here are those reports you wanted Detective Baker” Angelo smiled handing over the wad of papers

“Call me Peter, Angelo we’re practically family” Peter laughed his eyes scanning the documents he’d just received “Are you off home now?”

“Yeah, hopefully Belle’s back, she and Amanda haven’t spent too much money!” Angelo laughed

“Amanda?” Peter questioned

“Yeah they went shopping today” Angelo explained

“Amanda’s been in the office all day mate” Peter corrected

“Oh I must have got the wrong end of the stick” Angelo sighed; sure that Belle had said she was going shopping with her mother. Walking home he couldn’t shake the feeling that Belle lying to him meant something, he would quiz her when he got home he decided.

“Good day shopping?” He asked standing behind Belle, kissing her neck

“Yeah, it was good all mum wants to do is buy Lily pretty things, it’s a hard job to stop her” Belle laughed shrugging Angelo off

“What did you buy then” Angelo questioned, hurt by Belle’s obvious lie

“Oh nothing, mum got a few bits but she’s took them home to her place” Belle lied

“Is everything ok Belle?” Angelo asked

“Everything’s fine” Belle laughed kissing him to silence his questions

As Angelo walked off to get changed he couldn’t shake the sinking feeling in his stomach that told him something was wrong, why was Belle lying to him?

“Everything ok?” Abby asked chewing on a bit of carrot

“Everything would be fine if you’d quit eating dinner before I’ve even cooked it” Belle tutted

“Where have you really been today?” Abby questioned with a knowing smile

“What do you mean?” Belle asked nervously

“You were so lying back then, when have you ever come back from shopping with an empty bag?” Abby laughed

“Shush!” Belle scolded “I went to see Irene”

“Why can’t you tell Angelo that?” Abby whispered

“Because Aden was there” Belle explained

“What! Why would you do that?” Abby hissed

“I didn’t plan it, I was talking to Irene and Aden and Geoff…” Belle started

“Geoff was there?” Abby interrupted

“Abby!” Belle snapped

“I miss him…” Abby sighed

When Abby had moved to the bay five years before she certainly thought her flirtation with Geoff would lead to something, but someone had beaten her too it- Nicole. Watching the two of them together caused her pain but she decided a friendship with Geoff was more important. It didn’t take long for them to realise they shared a number of interests and putting her feelings aside led her and Geoff to become best friends, much to the distaste of Nicole. A pregnancy scare caused Geoff to propose again and this time Nicole accepted surprising all of Summer Bay. The night of the engagement party almost the entire Bay turned up at the Surf Club, Jazz got drunk and was taken home by Chris and Colleen made a long speech- just another day in Summer Bay…

“Geoff I’m feeling really dodgy, I think I might go home” Abby explained

“Are you sure?” Geoff asked worrying for his friend

“Yeah I’m going to head home” Abby smiled

“Well let me walk you” Geoff offered

“Geoff it’s your engagement party!” Abby laughed

“Don’t worry, Nicole won’t even notice I’m gone” Geoff smiled taking his friends arm and leading her towards the door, unaware that Nicole had indeed noticed he’d gone

“You’re quiet” Geoff noted as they walked along

“Still can’t believe we’ve been partying away at your engagement” Abby laughed

“Neither can I” Geoff muttered quietly

“You do want to marry Nicole don’t you?” Abby questioned

“I love Nicole” Geoff replied

“I didn’t ask if you loved her Geoff, I asked if you wanted to marry her!” Abby snapped

“Abby! What are you trying to say?” Geoff asked obviously annoyed

“Nothing Geoff, you want to do something because you think it’s the ‘right’ thing then who am I to stop you” Abby shouted pulling away from Geoff and walking off.

“Abby! Come back!” Geoff called running off after her

The man in the car had only been in the Bay for a few hours, he had slipped into the party and taken advantage of the free booze before getting behind the wheel of his car, losing control as he turned the bend he couldn’t help but hit the girl who ran out in front of him. Stopping simply to catch his breath he soon drove away heading out of Summer Bay.

Geoff immediately noticed the figure lying in the middle of the road and sprinted over taking Abby in his arms

“Wake up Abby, wake up!” Geoff cried trying to wake her up

Blinking open her eyes Abby couldn’t know if this would be the last time she ever spoke to Geoff and decided to tell him how she felt

“I love you Geoff” Abby croaked

Geoff looked at her, half motivated by a sense of duty and half motivated by his own unrealised feelings he leant down and kissed her. Nicole watched on, touching her engagement ring she couldn’t stop the unbelievable wave of hurt and betrayal that washed over her, she called the ambulance she wasn’t a bad person but decided not to reveal herself… Maybe if she didn’t say anything, then everything would be alright.

“Well don’t” Belle hissed, snapping Abby out of her memories

“Oh you’re hardly one to lecture about unresolved feelings” Abby laughed

“There’s nothing between me and Aden” Belle defended, looking guilty

“Something happened, it’s written all over your face. Angelo’s a cop, he’ll work you out in minutes” Abby noted

“Not if I keep it hidden, I need you to cover for me tomorrow” Belle asked

“What’s happening tomorrow?” Abby asked

“I’m going to see Aden…” Belle sighed

Archived